Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Chinese Democracy world tour 2009/2010

Options
  • 11-12-2009 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Asian Leg
    December 11, 2009 - Taipei County Stadium (Taipei, Taiwan)
    December 13, 2009 - Olympic Park Gymnastics Stadium (Seoul, South Korea)
    December 16, 2009 - Osaka Dome (Osaka, Japan)
    December 19, 2009 - Tokyo Dome (Tokyo, Japan)
    Canadian Leg
    January 13, 2010 - MTS Centre (Winnipeg, MB)
    January 16, 2010 - Pengrowth Saddledome (Calgary, AB)
    January 17, 2010 - Rexall Place (Edmonton, AB)
    January 19, 2010 - Credit Union Centre (Saskatoon, SK)
    January 20, 2010 - Brandt Centre (Regina, SK)
    January 24, 2010 - Copps Coliseum (Hamilton, ON)
    January 25, 2010 - John Labatt Centre (London, ON)
    January 27, 2010 - Centre Bell (Montreal, PQ)
    January 28, 2010 - Air Canada Centre (Toronto, ON)
    January 31, 2010 - Scotiabank Place (Ottawa, ON)
    February 1, 2010 - Colisee Pepsi (Quebec City, PQ)
    February 3, 2010 - Moncton Coliseum (Moncton, NB)
    February 4, 2010 - Metro Centre (Halifax, NS)

South American leg

March 10th - April 10th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I am still listening to Chinese Democracy and enjoying it. I haven't seen them live since Slane and although they are a totally different line up, it is one I look forward to as long as Axl doesn't keep us waiting too long for him to appear on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Also Axl has ditched the braids and returned to the long hair/bandana look.

DJ Ashba has also replaced Robin Finck.

From reports coming in it sounds as though Ashba set the place on fire with his playing and from the short clips posted it sounds true.

Massive stage/pyro show and a great setlist.

1. Chinese Democracy
    2. Welcome To The Jungle
    3. It's So Easy
    4. Mr Brownstone
    5. If The World
    6. Live and Let Die
    7. Richard Fortus solo (James Bond Theme)
    8. There Was A Time
    9. Drumsolo
    10. Bass solo
    11. My generation with Tommy Stinson on vocals
    12. I.R.S.
    13. Rocket Queen
    14. Dizzy Reed Piano solo
    15. Street of Dreams
    16. DJ Ashba solo
    17. Sweet Child O' Mine
    18. Band jam
    19. November Rain
    20. Ron Thal solo (Pink Panther)
    21. You Could Be Mine
    22. Shackler's Revenge
    23. Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Encore:
    24. This I Love (Dizzy on the piano)
    25. Band Jam
    26. Better
    27. Paradise City

Video

• Registered Users Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

As much as I couldn't be bothered seeing them, a 21-song setlist is quite impressive, while giving all the band there individual moments.

Better longer video of Sweet Child

• Advertisement

All setlists are from HTGTH.com and the people who give the updates.

December 11th, 2009 - Taipei, Taiwan @ Taipei City Stadium
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, If The World, Live And Let Die, Richard Fortus guitar solo (James Bond), There Was A Time, Frank Ferrer drum solo, Tommy Stinson bass solo/My Generation (The Who cover with Tommy on lead vocals), I.R.S., Rocket Queen, Dizzy Reed piano solo/Street Of Dreams, DJ Ashba guitar solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam/November Rain, Ron Thal guitar solo (Pink Panther), You Could Be Mine, Shackler's Revenge, Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    Encore: This I Love, Jam/Better, Paradise City

Notes: It starts raining during the show so Axl changes the lyrics of November Rain to acknowledge it. The crowd loves it.

December 11th, 2009 - Taipei, Taiwan @ Taipei City Stadium
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, If The World, Live And Let Die, Richard Fortus guitar solo (James Bond), There Was A Time, Frank Ferrer drum solo, Tommy Stinson bass solo/My Generation (The Who cover with Tommy on lead vocals), I.R.S., Rocket Queen, Dizzy Reed piano solo/Street Of Dreams, DJ Ashba guitar solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam/November Rain, Ron Thal guitar solo (Pink Panther), You Could Be Mine, Shackler's Revenge, Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    Encore: This I Love, Jam/Better, Paradise City

Notes: It starts raining during the show so Axl changes the lyrics of November Rain to acknowledge it. The crowd loves it.

I already posted the setlist. ;)

Nice to see Axl out and about again :)

"Before the brawl, Axl warns the paparazzi about a photog who was allegedly getting close to a woman in his entourage saying, "touch her again, I'll break his f**king neck."

Seconds later, the woman can be seen scuffling with a photog -- and that's when Axl charges in and swings for the photog's head ... knocking the guy right on his ass.

As members of Axl's entourage tried to rip the Guns n' Roses singer away, the rocker continued to stomp and kick the man while he was on the ground.

Members of Rose's crew eventually tore him away and walked to their gate. In the footage, it's clear two TSA agents observed the fight, but we've learned they never notified airport police.

Axl has since posted an article on his MySpace page, in which the paparazzi are described as "belligerent" -- it also states Rose was uninjured in the "unprovoked attack."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Been keeping tabs on this all day over at mygnrforum great to see them back and good to see axl throwing a few well deserved punches aswell lol always knew ashba would suit gnr i was a big fan of the first beautiful creatures album great guitar player....lets hope they hit europe in the new year cause ill have to go to 5 or 6 of the shows again!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mushy wrote: »
    As much as I couldn't be bothered seeing them, a 21-song setlist is quite impressive, while giving all the band there individual moments.
    ...assuming that Axl doesn't take the notion of arriving three hours late (without soundchecking obviously)and then throwing a tantrum midway through before storming off!

• Advertisement

They hit the stage dead on time in Dublin in 2006. Caught a lot of people by surprise. They were on time in Taiwan too. Axl sounds great, the band sounds great. Hating on Axl is such sheep mentality it is sad.

Nothing to do with sheep mentality! I'm after reading Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses and I learnt a lot more about Axl than I had previously known.
    What I described was a regular occurence by the obsessive & abusive primadonna!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

kbannon wrote: »
    Nothing to do with sheep mentality! I'm after reading Watch You Bleed: The Saga of Guns N' Roses and I learnt a lot more about Axl than I had previously known.
    What I described was a regular occurence by the obsessive & abusive primadonna!

+1 to that. I have been and always will be a massive GN'R fan(original band) but Axls just got too up himself lately. All that hating on Slash is just petty and childish. Having watched that vid from LAX i see his temperament hasn't changed,while i don't wish it blows up in his face i do see this going pear shaped.

I notice they've avoided North America first,they'll struggle to fill arenas there,particularly the US following know-shows and cancellations in the past and an album that's been largely forgotten.

lord lucan wrote: »
    +1 to that. I have been and always will be a massive GN'R fan(original band) but Axls just got too up himself lately. All that hating on Slash is just petty and childish. Having watched that vid from LAX i see his temperament hasn't changed,while i don't wish it blows up in his face i do see this going pear shaped.

I notice they've avoided North America first,they'll struggle to fill arenas there,particularly the US following know-shows and cancellations in the past and an album that's been largely forgotten.

The old band is gone as much as we all wish it was back together it won't happen ever. If Axl is to be believed. Well the LAX thing was some paparrazi put their hands on beta and for those who know who beta is and what she means to Axl then you can understand his reaction.

He took the band from the others and effectivley pushed them out through his paranoia, selfishness, self-obsession, unprofessionalism, etc..

However, getting back on topic, unless he has changed his ways, (something that he really needed to do big time) then he will never gain respect from the old followers that were lost over the years.

He took the band from the others and effectivley pushed them out through his paranoia, selfishness, self-obsession, unprofessionalism, etc..

However, getting back on topic, unless he has changed his ways, (something that he really needed to do big time) then he will never gain respect from the old followers that were lost over the years.

Steven - fired
    Izzy - left on his own
    Slash - left on his own
    Duff - left on his own
    Matt - Fired
    Gilby - Left go

Two were fired and Slash and Duff could have stayed if they wanted to but they didn't.

The old band is gone as much as we all wish it was back together it won't happen ever. If Axl is to be believed. Well the LAX thing was some paparrazi put their hands on beta and for those who know who beta is and what she means to Axl then you can understand his reaction.

The cynic in me thinks that the lunge at the photographer was nicely timed on the eve of a new tour. Beta must be made of strong stuff to stick with him all these years,fair play.

Does her son still post on mygnrforum.com?

lord lucan wrote: »
    The cynic in me thinks that the lunge at the photographer was nicely timed on the eve of a new tour. Beta must be made of strong stuff to stick with him all these years,fair play.

Does her son still post on mygnrforum.com?

fernando ? As far as I know he does. HTGTH is the place to be, as Jarmo is going to all the shows planned in Asia and Canada.

Shows what you get for being thanked by Axl Rose on an album.

Jarma is a wanker and HTGTH is censored to ****. Mygnrforum is the only place to be.

Steven - fired
    Izzy - left on his own
    Slash - left on his own
    Duff - left on his own
    Matt - Fired
    Gilby - Left go

Two were fired and Slash and Duff could have stayed if they wanted to but they didn't.
    Why did Izzy, SLash and Duff leave?
    Why did musicians used over the lifetime of CD leave?

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    Jarma is a wanker and HTGTH is censored to ****. Mygnrforum is the only place to be.

Fair point but I had to ask Jarmo could I use the setlists(reason I was behind you in posting) and posted it here on boards.

RonMexico wrote: »

I was on HTGTH for a good while but Jarno's ridiculous modding and censorship(ie. Axl is god and Slash is evil) made me leave. Was on Mygnrforum for a good while,haven't been over there in ages though,not since Axl put in an appearance as Dexter!:D

Why did Izzy, SLash and Duff leave?
    Why did musicians used over the lifetime of CD leave?

As far as I know Izzy didn't like being told what to do, and being sober and clean around Slash and Duff who were out of their minds most of the Illusion tour must not have been much fun.

Slash left because nothing was getting done and a few other reasons.

Duff seems to have left because the rest had ****ed off at that stage.

Paul Huge left as he wasn't into touring and all that required.
    Robin left because of Nine Inch Nails.
    Brain left because of his wife giving birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

GNR are back and dare I say sounding better than ever :D

I wish people would stop focusing on the past and commenting on things they don't know about. The watch you bleed book was written with Axl bashing in mind so don't reference that. Anyone here would punch that guy in the same situation. Publicity stunt? LOL I don't think so.

Let's focus on the music and the current band. Looks like GNR fans are in for a treat.

December 13th, 2009 - Seoul, South Korea @ Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy,Welcome To The Jungle,It's So Easy,Mr Brownstone,Shackler's Revenge,There Was A Time,Richard Solo (James Bond),Live and Let Die,Drum Solo,Sorry,Rocket Queen,DJ Solo,Sweet Child O' Mine,Dizzy Solo (Ziggy Stardust),Street of Dreams, You Could Be Mine (with F1 on the video screen),Jam (Black Betty),My Generation in G with Tommy ****in' Stinson,Jam,November Rain,Take A Walk On The Wild Side,Better,Knockin' On Heaven's Door,Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther),Paradise City

Notes:
    Opening act: GUMX

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

Guns N' Roses changed my life. I had no particular interest in music til a friend loaned me AFD in secondary school and after the opening ripple of Jungle I was hooked. It was the gateway to all the rest of the music I'm into now, I travel all over the place going to gigs (was in LA to see Kiss and Steel Panther two weeks ago), my taste then influenced my brother who plays in a band called Sunset Vista, who try to chase a Crue/Buckcherry/Velvet Revolver-kind of sound.

But enough of the background. I just don't see the point of what Axl is doing anymore. Chinese Democracy left me totally underwhelmed and in my opinion at least, wasn't value for $13million worth of record compnay investment. I've seen the new incarnation three times live and while Axl is sounding great - miles better than when he resurfaced at House of Blues and Rock in Rio - there are too many soloes in the show and the setlist is too predicatable. No Don't Cry, no Estranged, no Dead Horse...

I don't deny him his right to tour and make music but change the name and let's all move on.

Please do not turn this thread into another ****ing old vs new guns argument. Been there done that, move on. Axl has, Slash has, time the fans did the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

yeah lads come on get over it this IS guns n roses now,and like all the other tours im delighted to see one of the greatest frontmen do what he does best and sounding better than ever
    Ill never forget standing in a park in leeds in 2002 listening to the opening notes of november rain words cant explain it ****ing amazing and id urge any gnr fans past and present to catch this live tour if it comes anyway close to eire cause like the last few tours ill be getting to at least 3 of these shows if europe happens!! THERE WAS A TIME!! RRRAAAWWWK!

Advertisement