Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Chinese Democracy world tour 2009/2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

RonMexico wrote: »
    Please do not turn this thread into another ****ing old vs new guns argument. Been there done that, move on. Axl has, Slash has, time the fans did the same.

Axl hasn't got over it,that's the problem. "I consider Slash a cancer", a direct quote from the nut job himself from february of this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

lord lucan wrote: »
    Axl hasn't got over it,that's the problem. "I consider Slash a cancer", a direct quote from the nut job himself from february of this year.
    :eek:

In context,it reads:"I suppose (former bass player) Duff (McKagan) could play guitar on something somewhere but there's zero possibility of me having anything to do with Slash," Rose said.

"In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better."

Rose was not even a fan of Slash's guitar playing, claiming he has lost his edge and seems to be more passionate about being "a whore for the limelight."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

**** it lets just turn this another Axl vs Slash thread again. Jesus H. Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

yeah so irritating always happens that why i tend to stay away from these threads on here but hey thats there opinion and were all entitled to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

If this was on HTGTH you'd be banned for saying that. And why did this turn into a Slash Vs Axl argument ?

Can people just enjoy the band as it is as they are very good and Axl has got his voice back to a good standard.

I mean from some of the audio and video of the Illusion tour, axl must have been driniking acid at times.

If this was on HTGTH you'd be banned for saying that. And why did this turn into a Slash Vs Axl argument ?

Can people just enjoy the band as it is as they are very good and Axl has got his voice back to a good standard.

I mean from some of the audio and video of the Illusion tour, axl must have been driniking acid at times.

I wasn't trying to derail the thread or turn it into an Axl v Slash thread,i merely replied to RonMexicos comment that Axl has put the past behind him which i believe he hasn't. Axl doesn't help himself when it comes to interviews. He will of course be asked about "old" GN'R. He would be best saying nothing about it or even having a clause in interviews allowing no questions about it. He's gonna be quizzed about it during any media during this tour,any outbursts could overshadow what he and his band accomplish on stage.

I think Axls voice got seriously strained during the illusion tour due to the gruelling schedule they set themselves. I actually think his mental state had an impact too. The early arena shows were manic,Axl was like a maniac(in a good way!) on stage,pushing his vocals to the limit. As he progressed through psychotherapy he calmed down a lot and his voice stabilised to a large degree.

Axl do press during this tour - yeah riiight :D

Setlist from todays show in Japan. :D

01. Chinese Democracy
    02. Welcome To The Jungle
    03. It's So Easy
    04. Mr Brownstone
    05. Shackler's Revenge
    06. If The World
    07. Richard Fortus solo
    08. Live and Let Die
    09. Sorry
    10. Rocket Queen
    11. Prostitute
    12. Dizzy Solo
    13. Street of Dreams
    14. Scraped
    15. Frank Solo
    16. You Could Be Mine
    17.Axl Piano Solo
    18. November Rain
    19. IRS
    20. DJ Ashba Solo
    21. Sweet Child O' Mine
    22. Catcher In The Rye
    23. Out Ta Get Me
    24. Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther)
    25. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    26. Whole Lotta Rosie
    27. This I Love
    28. Nightrain

Encore:
    29. Madagascar
    30. Better
    31. Sonic Reducer (The Dead Boys)
    32. Patience
    33. Don't Cry
    34. Paradise City

Setlist from todays show in Japan. :D

01. Chinese Democracy
    02. Welcome To The Jungle
    03. It's So Easy
    04. Mr Brownstone
    05. Shackler's Revenge
    06. If The World
    07. Richard Fortus solo
    08. Live and Let Die
    09. Sorry
    10. Rocket Queen
    11. Prostitute
    12. Dizzy Solo
    13. Street of Dreams
    14. Scraped
    15. Frank Solo
    16. You Could Be Mine
    17.Axl Piano Solo
    18. November Rain
    19. IRS
    20. DJ Ashba Solo
    21. Sweet Child O' Mine
    22. Catcher In The Rye
    23. Out Ta Get Me
    24. Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther)
    25. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    26. Whole Lotta Rosie
    27. This I Love
    28. Nightrain

Encore:
    29. Madagascar
    30. Better
    31. Sonic Reducer (The Dead Boys)
    32. Patience
    33. Don't Cry
    34. Paradise City

That is some ****ing class set list.

• Advertisement

Officially the SECOND LONGEST GNR concert in history has happened today. three and a half hours.

December 19th, 2009 - Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy,Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy,Mr Brownstone,Catcher In The Rye,Sorry,If The World,Richard Solo,Live And Let Die,Dizzy Solo (Ziggy),Street of Dreams,You Could Be Mine,Rocket Queen,My Michele,DJ Solo,Sweet Child O' Mine,Shackler's Revenge,IRS,Axl Piano Solo,November Rain,Whole Lotta Rosie,Knockin' On Heaven's Door,Scraped,Prostitute,This I Love,Frank Solo,Out Ta Get Me,Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther) / Don't Cry,Nightrain

Encore:Madagascar,There Was A Time,Tommy Solo - My Generation,Better,Patience,Nice Boys,Paradise City

Notes:

I thought they played nearly 4 hours in L.A. in '91,last night at the Great Western Forum?!!

I thought they played nearly 4 hours in L.A. in '91,last night at the Great Western Forum?!!

You're right its the second longest show.

You're right its the second longest show.

The bootleg of that L.A. gig is savage.10 AFD songs iirc and other rarities like Locomotive.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

December 19th, 2009 - Tokyo, Japan @ Tokyo Dome
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy,Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy,Mr Brownstone,Catcher In The Rye,Sorry,If The World,Richard Solo,Live And Let Die,Dizzy Solo (Ziggy),Street of Dreams,You Could Be Mine,Rocket Queen,My Michele,DJ Solo,Sweet Child O' Mine,Shackler's Revenge,IRS,Axl Piano Solo,November Rain,Whole Lotta Rosie,Knockin' On Heaven's Door,Scraped,Prostitute,This I Love,Frank Solo,Out Ta Get Me,Bumblefoot Solo (Pink Panther) / Don't Cry,Nightrain

Encore:Madagascar,There Was A Time,Tommy Solo - My Generation,Better,Patience,Nice Boys,Paradise City

Too many soloes I think. If I was going along I'd rather hear more songs.

Rocky77 wrote: »
    Too many soloes I think. If I was going along I'd rather hear more songs.

Yeah clearly 30 songs in a 3hour + concert is not enough for some people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rocky77

Yeah clearly 30 songs in a 3hour + concert is not enough for some people :rolleyes:

Dead Horse, Locamotive, Estranged or... some glorified sessions musicians bloating a concert setlist with a solo. I wonder of the programme seller should be allowed do a 'changing a fifty' solo....

Rocky77 wrote: »
    Dead Horse, Locamotive, Estranged or... some glorified sessions musicians bloating a concert setlist with a solo. I wonder of the programme seller should be allowed do a 'changing a fifty' solo....

I'll take the 13 songs from their new album thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I'll take the 13 songs from their new album thank you very much.

:eek: Are you mad??? Half of its rubbish.

:eek: Are you mad??? Half of its rubbish.

In your opinion and thats just it. Axl is damned either way no matter what he does he just can't win with some people. If he plays just the old material he gets the "cover band" bull**** and if he plays the new material people are moaning about the old material. Anyway I have had it with this thread about the tour being derailed constantly.

/thread

• Advertisement

In your opinion and thats just it. Axl is damned either way no matter what he does he just can't win with some people. If he plays just the old material he gets the "cover band" bull**** and if he plays the new material people are moaning about the old material. Anyway I have had it with this thread about the tour being derailed constantly.

/thread

In your opinion its /thread. :p CD is average at best.

So why post in this thread about the tour?

:rolleyes: what's stopping me?

It is the Chinese Democracy tour thread. An album that you just said is half rubbish or average at best.

What are you doing here other than trolling.

I wont be goin to see em should they come back here again on this tour. They're a joke. They turned into a joke on the UYI tour when Axl went on a ****in powetrip.

Give me this

over this anyday. I love Slash and have been to Velvet Revolver concerts but seen as they have fallen out with another lead singer he has turned to playing with the likes of this drivel and Rihanna. You could never accuse Axl of that.

Give me this

over this anyday. I love Slash and have been to Velvet Revolver concerts but seen as they have fallen out with another lead singer he has turned to playing with the likes of this drivel and Rihanna. You could never accuse Axl of that.

That was actually decent. :p I listen to other types of music - not just rock/metal. Axl is honking his wares with a bunch of hired hands and should just give it up before he becomes a parody.

SOUTH AMERICAN LEG

7th March 2010 Ginásio Nilson Nelson (Brasilia, Brazil)
    10th March 2010 Estádio Jornalista Felipe Drumond (Belo Horizonte, Brazil)
    13th March 2010 Estádio Palestra Itália (São Paulo, Brazil)
    14th March 2010 Praça da Apoteose (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) VENUE NOT CONFIRMED
    16th March 2010 Ginásio Gigantinho (Porto Alegre, Brazil) VENUE NOT CONFIRMED
    18th March 2010 Estadio Centenario (Montevideo, Uruguay)
    20th March 2010 Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti (Buenos Aires, Argentina) DATE NOT CONFIRMED
    21st March 2010 Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti (Buenos Aires, Argentina) DATE NOT CONFIRMED
    22nd March 2010 Estadio Nacional (Santiago, Chile)
    25th March 2010 Estadio Monumental (Lima, Peru)
    28th March 2010 Poliedro de Caracas (Caracas, Venezuela)
    March 2010 Parque Simón Bolívar (Bogotá, Colombia)
    March 2010 Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa (Quito, Ecuador)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

:rolleyes: what's stopping me?

jesus - you're some muppet.

Advertisement