Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNR Chinese Democracy world tour 2009/2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Another 3hr show last night in Winnipeg puttin up sebastian bachs set aswell prob one of my fave singers on RECORD live not so good lol but anyway heres the setlist

SEBASTIAN BACH:

Back In The Saddle
    Big Guns
    Here I Am
    Quicksand Jesus
    Stuck Inside
    Piece Of Me
    18 And Life
    American Metalhead
    Stabbin Daggers
    Monkey Business
    I Remember You
    Youth Gone Wild

GUNS N' ROSES:

Chinese Democracy
    Welcome To The Jungle
    Its So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Shackler's Revenge
    Fortus Solo
    Live And Let Die
    Sorry
    If The World
    Dizzy Solo
    Street Of Dreams
    Better
    You Could Be Mine
    DJ Solo
    Sweet Child O' Mine
    I.R.S.
    Axl Solo
    November Rain
    Scraped
    Bumblefoot Solo
    Out Ta Get Me
    Knockin On Heavens Door
    Nightrain

Encore:
    Madagascar
    Jam
    This I Love
    Frank Solo
    Rocket Queen
    My Generation
    Patience
    Paradise City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

January 16th, 2010 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo, Live And Let Die, If The World, Rocket Queen, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, My Generation, I.R.S., Axl Piano Solo (Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Shackler's Revenge, Liquor & Whores (with Bubbles), Out Ta Get Me, DJ Ashba Guitar Solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, This I Love, Nightrain
    Encore: Madagascar, Better, Patience, Paradise City, O Canada (Bumblefoot solo)

Notes: Saturday night show in Calgary.
    Bubbles makes a special appearance along with a double and waitresses serving tequila.

The show ends with Bumblefoot playing the national anthem and Axl handing out tequila t the crowd.

Opening acts: Sebastian Bach, Danko Jones

January 17th, 2010 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Sorry, Better, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo, Live And Let Die, If The World, Shackler's Revenge, Scraped, Jam (She'll Be Coming Down The Mountain)/Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, Jam/I.R.S., DJ Ashba Guitar Solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine, Jam/Axl Piano Solo (Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Out Ta Get Me, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, This I Love, Nightrain
    Encore: Madagascar, Whole Lotta Rosie, Acoustic Jam/Patience, Paradise City

Notes: During Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Axl uses his microphone stand as a sterergin wheel.
    Axl accidentally hits Bumblefoot's acoustic guitar during Patience and they both have a laugh about it.

Dizzy wears an Edmonton Oilers jersey. Very fitting. This is after all where the Oilers won all those Stanley Cups.

Chris wears an Ace Frehley mask at the end of the show.

Girls bring out tequila at the end.

January 19th, 2010 - Saskatoon, SK @ Credit Union Centre
    Setlist: Chinese Democracy, Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Shackler's Revenge, Sorry, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo, Live And Let Die, If The World, You Could Be Mine, Catcher In The Rye, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/Street Of Dreams, Jam/Rocket Queen, I.R.S., DJ Ashba Guitar Solo/Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam/Axl Piano Solo (with axl singing a bit / Someone Saved My Life Tonight)/November Rain, Jam/Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther), Out Ta Get Me, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Whole Lotta Rosie, Paradise City
    Encore: Madagascar, Better, Patience, Nightrain (with Sebastian Back, Nick Sterling & Danko Jones)

[B]Notes: [/B]After Catcher In The Rye ends, the band restarts it.
    During Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Axl tells a story about going to South America during and how people would sing "Knock Knock Knockin' Mother****er" to him.

Madagascar features slightly different lyrics sung by Axl, "forgive them that they ****ed up my show".

The last song is performed with Danko Jones, Sebastian Bach and Nick Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Its So Easy

Rolling stones review of the first canada show (i think)

Sometimes with Axl Rose, all you need is just a little patience. Other times, you need a little more than a little. Guns n’ Roses’ Wednesday night concert in Winnipeg, Canada — their first North American date (and fifth show overall) since the release of Chinese Democracy in 2008 — was, thankfully, a case of the former.

Axl in action: check out photos from Guns n’ Roses’ marathon opening-night gig.

After making the world wait nearly a generation for his sixth studio album, and then keeping fans on hold for more than a year for a tour, Rose wasted little time getting down to business in the Great White North. The frontman and his septet took the stage shortly after 10:40 p.m. — practically a matinee for the notorious Rose. And once they got down to business, they certainly made up for any lost time, treating 7,500 fans at the city’s MTS Centre to a high-energy three-hour marathon of new material and classic G n’ R hits.

Following the basic template laid out on the band’s Asian dates in December, they kicked open the doors with the title cut from Chinese Democracy, followed by the one-two-three punch of “Welcome to the Jungle,” “It’s So Easy” and “Mr. Brownstone” from 1987’s Appetite for Destruction. From the moment Rose opened his mouth to scream, “You know where you are? You’re in the jungle, baybeeee!” it was clear his corroded air-raid siren of a voice had lost little of its range, rage or power. Likewise, the rest of the band — guitarists Richard Fortus, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and DJ Ashba, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, drummer Frank Ferrer and bassist Tommy Stinson (formerly of The Replacements) — hit the ground running, tearing through most of Appetite and Democracy, with a few cuts from the 1991 Use Your Illusion albums (including covers of “Live and Let Die” and “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”) sprinkled in for good measure.

Although he appeared to be in good spirits, between songs Rose kept fairly quiet, offering little beyond the usual thank-yous and how-is-everybody banter. In fact, for a guy who wields such a commanding musical presence, he spent much of the evening shining the spotlight on his bandmates, bolting from the stage during every instrumental break and introducing nearly every player for a solo segment (best of the bunch: Stinson’s suitably snotty bash ’n’ pop version of the Who’s “My Generation”). Rose also posted a backstage photo on his Twitter, and wrote, “Excited 2 get this rolling. In r off time we’ll b helping Mounties flush out Al Qaeda. (What’s that aboot, Eh? jk)” in one of his first three tweets since the new year began.

The gigantic three-runway black stage and high-tech production — which included all the requisite video screens, moving light trusses, pyro, percussion bombs and confetti cannons — also commanded plenty of attention. But not enough to overshadow Rose’s and co.’s triumphant return to North America. Now, you just have to wait for them to make it to the States. All you need is just a little … well, you know.

Set List:

“Chinese Democracy”
    “Welcome to the Jungle”
    “It’s So Easy”
    “Mr. Brownstone”
    “Shackler’s Revenge”
    Richard Fortus Spotlight
    “Live and Let Die”
    “Sorry”
    “If the World”
    Dizzy Reed Solo
    “Street of Dreams”
    “Better”
    “You Could Be Mine”
    DJ Ashba Spotlight
    “Sweet Child o’ Mine”
    “I.R.S.”
    Axl Rose Piano Solo
    “November Rain”
    “Scraped”
    “O Canada” / “Pink Panther” (Bumblefoot Spotlight)
    “Out Ta Get Me”
    “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”
    “Nightrain”

Encore:
    “Madagascar”
    “This I Love”
    Frank Ferrer Drum Solo
    “Rocket Queen”
    “My Generation” (Tommy Stinson Spotlight)
    “Patience”
    “Paradise City”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

The sooner these guys get back over to Europe the better....perhaps they could even support Metallica in Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

They seem to be getting better so if they hit Europe in the summer they should be peaking then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

lord lucan wrote: »
    RonMexico wrote: »
    Please do not turn this thread into another ****ing old vs new guns argument. Been there done that, move on. Axl has, Slash has, time the fans did the same.
    He has has he? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Going to the gig in Toronto on Thursday night! Cannot wait to see Axl live again. The gig in the RDS in 2006 was great but from watching the youtube clips of this tour, his voice is back 100% at this stage!!

Big fan of Bach as well so delighted to get to see him live at the same show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Is it Axl Rose on vocals or Avid Merrion?

079dm6o.jpg

7A04A6F7-0EC5-0BE2-780CB278F7A00C6C.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

lord lucan wrote: »
    kbannon wrote: »
    He has has he? :rolleyes:

Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post crap from some gossip website. This "story" came from a post on GNR forum that has since been debunked as having had anything to do with Axl. There was no such rule at any of the 2006 World Tour shows including Dublin where lots of fans attended wearing Slash t-shirts or top hats. There has also been no other such claims made from all of the other concerts on this tour so far. It is a complete non-story.

Anyway thank for the usual negative contribution to this thread.

Oh and here are some more photos of Axl from Jan 20th

2467853.bin?size=620x400

2467851.bin?size=620x400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Was at the gig in Toronto last week. Was expecting the band to come on late but taking the stage at half 11 is pretty much taking the piss!

The show itself though was awesome! Axl's voice is sounding better than I've ever heard it and the band is very tight now. At the RDS gig in 2006, the band definitely felt more like a bunch of hired guns but they seem to have real chemistry together now. The songs from Chinese Democracy pretty much all sound better live than they do on the album.

Show went on till 2 in the morning but I was enjoying it so much that I would have loved had it gone on for another hour! Will definitely be going to see them on the European leg of the tour.

Special mention has to go to Sebastian Bach! Him losing the plot because the cord on his mic wasn't stretching far enough and getting caught up in all the equipment was hilarious! Good performance from him apart from that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Found some cool video from that gig :D

Also found this great audio recording of November Rain

Advertisement