Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Actually, I was just complaining at that point xesse :D

(Though if the concept for the show is "are they?" and we *know* the answer is "yes, we know that they are", there's implications for the pitch to D'Arcy...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭xesse

WTF are u talking about?????????????????????????????
    Sparks wrote: »
    Actually, I was just complaining at that point xesse :D

(Though if the concept for the show is "are they?" and we *know* the answer is "yes, we know that they are", there's implications for the pitch to D'Arcy...)

xesse wrote: »
    WTF are u talking about?????????????????????????????
    This!
    xesse wrote:
    the concept is are males better than females[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭xesse

the concept of the post i made about today fm was to get some much needed PR for shooting sports
    i dont care who wins
    anyway forget about it
    i knew this wasnt the place to talk about this
    too much negativity here

Sparks wrote: »
    This!
    xesse wrote:
    the concept is are males better than females[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hold onto your horses there a minute xesse. It's not a bad idea. And there's more competitions that women shoot in too than just prone. Consider Benchrest and pistol too where "build" has nothing to do with how much better we shoot prone than you guys!!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Folks,

The biggest mistake people - shooting sports people - can make with this stuff - PR - is to do a solo run.

Xesse has a good idea there - I would recommend that he bring it to the notice of his club(s) and association(s) - I know he is a member of many.
    He is also right that boards is not the place to seek action - only argument.

If an association plans to do this then they should consult with the other associations in the same sphere - via the SSAI, I would assume - and ensure that you do not have a load of people trying to kick the one ball.

IMHO they should be doing this all the time. That, however, is for another discussion

By all means do the prep - but while that is happening - validate that this is not going to contradict some work which is already in progress and that it is not going to be a missed opportunity because multiple groups tried to do the same thing - because they did not communicate - and in the end the ball got dropped.

Mickey Measuring has a lot to do with why we are where we are today.

It is extremely important that there be no division in front of the 'world' - shooting sports are shooting sports - no deviation.
    The message must be clear - regardless of who does it - the shooting sports are safe, enjoyable and inclusive.

Not - this shooting sport is safe, enjoyable and inclusive but we'll say nothing about that one

Insinuation is THE tool of the whingers and naysayers among us and it must not be allowed to creep into a PR exercise.

My tuppence.

B'Man

PS: LB6 - we could do with a few more women running these sports - all these lads may well roar and shout at each other and beat their chests and what have you - but they do the dishes when they are told - no argument. Might be something in that.

Lord B'man, that's the worst possible approach.
    What we *need*, *desperately* is solo runs on a local level.
    Everyone keeps waiting for some NGB, *any* NGB, to step in and do the work for us, and they just don't have the manpower to do it. Even the NARGC, who've got the most manpower, has had to say "enough!" because of just one area (appeals) having so much work to do.
    Step up, promote your club, promote what you do there, and don't wait for others to okay it on a national level, or nothing will ever get done.

And quit bashing boards.ie would you? It's about the only common front shooting in Ireland has that's open and visible to anyone outside of the DoJ!

Xesse, I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm agreeing with you. D'Arcy's show is based on the 'gender wars' idea there; in target shooting, women do much better than men, which is (for his show) a counter-intuitive story, and like all counter-intuitive stories (ie. Man Bites Dog), it sells ad space attracts listeners. So push it. Do it.

Advertisement