Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are transcripts

• 11-12-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but if you are applying to colleges abroad, they look for transcripts, i.e.
    All applicants must submit two official copies of their transcripts from all colleges and universities attended in envelopes that have been sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution.

Apart from transcripts, they also look for degree certificates. I assume these are your official scores from undergrad college and / or conferring scrolls, yes/no?

What are your transcripts?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

A transcript is the sheet that accompanies your degree certificate when you graduate (or follows in the mail) listing the modules/classes taken over the course of your degree and the grade awarded for each.

Most charge for copies though so maybe a certified photocopy from the Registry section at your college would suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭dnme

Thanks pow wow,

Thats what I thought, but on universirt websites, they request you to send transcripts and grades (seperating the two) which is what confused me in the first place. Thanks for clarifying.

Advertisement