Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Samsung Touch Screen Lost in Rds

Options
  • 11-12-2009 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I had macroeconomics today and put my phone on the ground as instructed.

Walked out at the end and forgot the phone, went back but the invigilator said there was no sign of it. Any idea how i would go about finding it, would students steal a phone if they saw it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Yeah there is a huge amount of knacks in college unfortunately !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Gavvler

wtf do they ask u to put ur phone on the ground anyway. When i went to look for it they dont let u into the exam hall to have a look yourself so theres nothing to stop the invigilator pocketing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Ado86 wrote: »
    Yeah there is a huge amount of knacks in college unfortunately !
    Political correctness FTW!!!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

Gavvler wrote: »
    wtf do they ask u to put ur phone on the ground anyway. When i went to look for it they dont let u into the exam hall to have a look yourself so theres nothing to stop the invigilator pocketing it.

Sorry to hear about that. I really hope you find it. It annoys me to think that there may be thieves or opportunists within the student population. The worst are the type who have a 'finders keepers' attitude. Bottom line is if someone finds something of value they should seek out the owner. A phone is one of the easiest things to trace an owner with. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Count yourself lucky they let you put it on the ground. Afaik it says in the rules you not allowed bring in a mobile phone at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Count yourself lucky they let you put it on the ground. Afaik it says in the rules you not allowed bring in a mobile phone at all.

You are allowed in the RDS. In more recent years they've announced that anyone with a phone should leave it on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I don't care what the rules state,but theres no way I'd ever leave any valuables in my bag outside the hall.There could easily be someone waiting for you to go into the exam hall before walking out with your bag.Valuables on the floor for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It might have been picked up by an invigilator and handed in to the Exams office for safekeeping - check with them next time before your next exam.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Notorious wrote: »
    You are allowed in the RDS. In more recent years they've announced that anyone with a phone should leave it on the ground.

Or in your pocket turned off.

The alternative is leave it outside unattended, or pay a euro to leave it into that area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The alternative is leave it outside unattended, or pay a euro to leave it into that area.

You can leave it at home as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

No chance someone in your class saw that you left it behind and took it to give you later so that it wouldn't get stolen...? Or am i being over optimistic about human nature?

Might be worth sending an email around to your class...

ye email to the class is a good idea, went to check today and there was no sign.

Id say theres slim chance of me getting it back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Yeh, what Frog said.
    They're the rules, but they know everyone is going to bring their phone and sh/t in anyway,

Advertisement