Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GhostBusters 2016 **SPOILERS FROM POST 1751 ONWARD**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ghostbusters_2016_ver4.jpg

ghostbusters_2016_ver3.jpg

ghostbusters_2016_ver1.jpg

ghostbusters_2016_ver2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

landscape-1450278158-ghostbusters-1.jpg

gallery-1450178058-ghostbusters-2016-female.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Them pictures just don't sit right with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'm looking forward to watching this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

New Teaster below. Full trailer comes in early March.

EDIT: Mods, can we change thread title to just 'Ghostbusters (2016)'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Ghostbusters look too 'badass' in them. The original guys were nerds, not badasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Even without seeing any footage or the final film itself this has such an enormous mountain to climb and 30 years of nostalgia to get away from (or cash-in on depending how they'll go) which is going to be a daunting task for all involved.

Not a fan of Feig or his style at all which is why my expectations are low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Taking cues from Jurassic World playing the iconic theme music to melancholic piano. They're really gunning for the nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

a take down of this movie, trigger warning for feminists :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Managed about a couple of minutes before I got motion sickness from all the rolling my eyes did; was that meant to be satire? Cos if not... Christ.

I never really held out much hope for this film, especially once I learned of the director & cast; but with all the tiresome ranting (albeit from a vocal, insecure minority) over a production yet to yield a single trailer, I'm actively going to cheer for this film & really hope it's Paul Feig's magnum opus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

silverharp wrote: »

This video made my 20% more frightened Donald Trump is going to win the US election.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    The Ghostbusters look too 'badass' in them. The original guys were nerds, not badasses.

The people making this piece of crap have no idea what made the first film good.

Not a SINGLE fucking clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

py2006 wrote: »
    New Teaster below. Full trailer comes in early March.

(SNIP)

EDIT: Mods, can we change thread title to just 'Ghostbusters (2016)'

Hang on. Did I just watch a trailer for a bleedin' trailer???

Tony EH wrote: »
    The people making this piece of crap have no idea what made the first film good.

Not a SINGLE fucking clue.

Well I was commenting on the photo to be honest.

I (and you) really have no way of knowing what the makers of the new film intend. Unless of course they gave an interview where they said, "We intend to sh*t all over the original, mostly to p*ss of Tony EH on boards.ie to be honest."

Most reboots aren't great so I'm not holding out any great hope but I tend to actually y'know, wait until the film is out and people are actually talking about it (or indeed until I've seen it myself) before passing judgement.

The video above of the douchebag with the moustache is the sort of chronic sh*te that I tend to avoid. Because really - you can't tell what a film is from some promo photos. There hasn't even been a trailer for f*ck's sake.

[edit] I watched some of that video. That guy's a f*cking toolbag. What a sap! [/edit]

silverharp wrote: »
    a take down of this movie, trigger warning for feminists :pac:

Trigger warning for anyone who's not a complete douchebag you mean! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So finally, after all the hullabaloo, posturing and nonsense, we have an actual trailer to judge the film properly. And...uhh... it looks about as good as I thought it might be, considering those involved. There were some good gags in the trailer, but it was mostly the smaller, sillier & throwaway stuff; otherwise it looks like the whackiness has been dialled up wayyyy too much. I already hate Leslie Jones' character.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

God, it's every bit as bad as I expected.. and worse!

ah jesus...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought it looked grand apart from Leslie Jones' character caricature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Looks like the same movie all over again, with marginally less charm...

Looks a bit colourful and campy to me. Was hoping it would have the darker tone of the original.

But who knows, after watching it 4 times now it has grown on me.....slightly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I thought it looked grand apart from Leslie Jones' character caricature.

I thought she was bad, deal-breaking bad. Not sure I could stomach a whole movie of her playing a stereotyped shouty, sassy black woman. Aw hell no!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That bit with the heads! Brilliant! :D

Can't wait!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    I thought she was bad, deal-breaking bad. Not sure I could stomach a whole movie of her playing a stereotyped shouty, sassy black woman. Aw hell no!

Yup, it's unfortunate because Wigg & McCarthy look decent enough in their roles from what I saw there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus you're harsh critics, I thought it looked like great fun and the ghost effects were excellent. Kids are going to LOVE it.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

loved the first 2 films this just looks absolutely woeful Melissa McCarthy isn't funny in the slightest I reckon they'll have her falling over a lot in the film as that's what she does in most of her other 'comedy' movies... the jump suits they're wearing look terrible aswell I'm going to avoid this film like the plague

Mr E wrote: »
    Jesus you're harsh critics, I thought it looked like great fun and the ghost effects were excellent. Kids are going to LOVE it.

I don't think it's harsh to call the trailer a massive mixed-bag: there were little moments that definitely made me laugh, such as the mis-timed 'Lets Go' or the gags with wig heads, but the rest looked like bad slapstick, intermingled with some pretty embarrassing racial stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Literally cannot get over how utterly ****e that looks. I made myself go in with an open mind, and it made me chuckle ONCE.
    In two and a half minutes, with a promotional trailer, I laughed (mildly at that) once.

Pathetic.

Feminists can go sling one, but this deserves every single bit of criticism and hammering it gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jaysis wept...

:eek:

Advertisement