Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GhostBusters 2016 **SPOILERS FROM POST 1751 ONWARD**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I know, they look so....jumpsuity. They are women. They should be wearing skin tight lycra and high heels. Well the hot ones anyway.

I know you're probably sick of people nitpicking, but they do look ****e. It's ok to say that, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Grayditch wrote: »
    I know you're probably sick of people nitpicking, but they do look ****e. It's ok to say that, like.

I genuinely thought he was being sarcastic. At the end of the day they are jumpsuits. They are supposed to look kinda ****e. As did the jumpsuits in the original ghostbusters.

I usually wouldn't give a crap about the props. They look bad but not really an issue. I would dislike the handle of the proton gun.
    There doesn't seem to be a handle behind the heatsink but I think I'm missing something in the limited view we get.

The original jumpsuits were just dirtier looking, no big deal to be fair.

It seems pointless to be annoyed by the jumpsuits, when it's actually pretty close to what the original ones looked like ...

Definitely not annoyed anyway, I guess I'm thinking of it the same way I commented on the new Robocop suit being cool or thought the new Turtles look weird to me.

Until it's release I'll keep mentioning the things I like or dislike about the way it looks, but not look for sticks to beat it with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,923 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else think the new jumpsuits look like they're wearing fluorescent orange bras?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

py2006 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is the closet we will get to a proper sequel...

Live action....maybe.
    I believe that the 2009 game is generally considered the nearest thing to a (real) third movie there has been, being written by both Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I know, they look so....jumpsuity. They are women. They should be wearing skin tight lycra and high heels. Well the hot ones anyway.

Not to lower the tone even further but, which of the new Ghostbusters could be considered hot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

This movie will....

holidays1-300x225.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Advertisement

That's cool.

Grayditch wrote: »
    That's cool.

It's a cool pic but the comment seems desperate.

And to previous, the male counterparts were certainly not good looking
    There was only 1 oil painting in films 1 or 2

I think I see what you did there...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Winston Zeddamore hasn't aged...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

py2006 wrote: »
    Winston Zeddamore hasn't aged...
    Black don't crack!! :pac:

Never knew what that saying meant until I found out the black guy I used to work beside was 35... would've been a stretch to say he looked a day over 21.

Case in point: this man is 43 years of age! :eek:

pharrell-williams-pre-grammys-2013--1360524534-view-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Cool pic but the comment comes across as very desperate - like he's taking serious criticism for the movie and fears it's going to bomb, very defensive.

I just figured that's how everyone talks on Twitter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heaven forbid a director would actually try to defend his film and his cast! I know John Carney has made such things unpopular but :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What are people going to do if / when the film ends up being merely OK? I mean sure, some will love or hate it with a passion & ascribe all the subtexts interpretted so far, but seems like the most likely scenario is bland, Hollywood cookie-cutter mediocrity. Positive hype can have a helluva comedown, but so can the negative variety!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

pixelburp wrote: »
    What are people going to do if / when the film ends up being merely OK? I mean sure, some will love or hate it with a passion & ascribe all the subtexts interpretted so far, but seems like the most likely scenario is bland, Hollywood cookie-cutter mediocrity. Positive hype can have a helluva comedown, but so can the negative variety!

The vast majority of the hollywood product falls under this banner these days though. The malaise of "just ok" runs deep in about 90% of output.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

The funny thing is that if it's just okay that'll place it right on par with the original and automatically ahead of the sequel for me.

It's a good thing I'm not a famous critic or I'd be expecting death threats for such a statement. :P

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

e_e wrote: »
    The funny thing is that if it's just okay that'll place it right on par with the original and automatically ahead of the sequel for me.

It's a good thing I'm not a famous critic or I'd be expecting death threats for such a statement. :P

I kind of liked the original but I can take it or leave it. Was just part of the mid 80s cinema that was around at the time. I will say it had a certain style and atmosphere which was good but I never really saw it as a comedy. I think thats half the problem of the new one, its going out of its way to be a comedy

oh god

That was funnier than the trailer.

Honestly my first reaction was again

"oh god"

What was McKinnon doing?

Wiig is the only saving grace here

Wiig and Murray dancing at 0.41 is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Honestly my first reaction was again

"oh god"

What was McKinnon doing?

Wiig is the only saving grace here

I'm actually a big fan of McKinnon, while I'm certainly no fan of SNL there have been some genuinely funny stuff recently and a lot of those have starred McKinnon. She is really good at impressions and judging by that clip accents too. Wing is also hilarious and I know people are writing Ghostbusters off as another "bridesmaids" comedy but frankly I'm okay with that. I thought it was hilarious and welcome break from the constant stream of "bro" comedies we've been getting for the past decade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm actually a big fan of McKinnon, while I'm certainly no fan of SNL there have been some genuinely funny stuff recently and a lot of those have starred McKinnon. She is really good at impressions and judging by that clip accents too. Wing is also hilarious and I know people are writing Ghostbusters off as another "bridesmaids" comedy but frankly I'm okay with that. I thought it was hilarious and welcome break from the constant stream of "bro" comedies we've been getting for the past decade.

And while i have no problem with them making movies like bridesmaid etc, but i dont see why they need to drag the Ghostbusters name through the mud to do so..

They could have easily done their own thing and probably been alot more successful than its looking to be and the majority of pissed off people wouldnt have been pissed off and actually contributed to the box office instead of focusing energy on trying to ensure it fails.

Advertisement