Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GhostBusters 2016 **SPOILERS FROM POST 1751 ONWARD**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

nix wrote: »
    And while i have no problem with them making movies like bridesmaid etc, but i dont see why they need to drag the Ghostbusters name through the mud to do so..

If they make a movie as good as Bridesmaids, they'll be dragging the Ghostbusters name through great reviews, box office success and good times for all, all over again.

Bill Murray is more and more becoming that crazy uncle you always see at weddings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Grayditch wrote: »
    If they make a movie as good as Bridesmaids, they'll be dragging the Ghostbusters name through great reviews, box office success and good times for all, all over again.

There is zero chance that's going to happen :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

And while i have no problem with them making movies like bridesmaid etc, but i dont see why they need to drag the Ghostbusters name through the mud to do so..
    Maybe they just like Ghostbusters and want to put their own spin on it? Saying that Ghostbusters is some sacred name that's being dragged through the mud is more than a little dramatic. I honestly can't think of a single film I love that I'd use such language about.
    They could have easily done their own thing and probably been alot more successful than its looking to be and the majority of pissed off people wouldnt have been pissed off and actually contributed to the box office instead of focusing energy on trying to ensure it fails.
    On the contrary, I think it's going to seriously work in the film's favor box office wise. No film this year has stirred the pot so much and many will see it, either out of seriously wanting it to be good, liking this new take on the material or just out of begrudging curiosity.

Plus look at Jurassic World last year, god awful film that made a billion off of a franchise name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

e_e wrote: »
    Maybe they just like Ghostbusters and want to put their own spin on it? Saying that Ghostbusters is some sacred name that's being dragged through the mud is more than a little dramatic. I honestly can't think of a single film I love that I'd use such language about.

On the contrary, I think it's going to seriously work in the film's favor box office wise. No film this year has stirred the pot so much and many will see it, either out of seriously wanting it to be good, liking this new take on the material or just out of begrudging curiosity.

Plus look at Jurassic World last year, god awful film that made a billion off of a franchise name.

Ok i've actually accepted remakes like this are going to happen and have just accepted it a long time ago now, i used to be alot more salty than i am now. I'm not objective because i think the ghostbusters brand is sacred, more that id just prefer and think it would be better if they done their own thing, points for originality and all, y'know?

Some remakes i welcome and work and are kinda needed, the crazies, dawn of the dead etc. And then there is this, taking a famous well liked brand name, stuffing it full of dick and fart jokes and then in my opinion, just demeaning the franchise. When they likely could have just done their own thing, well know comedic actors (apparently) and a well known comedic director (apparently) not enough to rake in the millions? :confused:

Either way, meh to it all! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Don't have time to read all this thread just came across this
    thought i share don't know if it been posted already it form the sony leaks
    Among the leaked drama that has been flooding the internet due to the recent Sony hacking scandal, one exchanged e-mail discussed a legal suit over the new Ghostbusters film and Bill Murray’s involvement. The e-mail hinted at taking serious action and potentially sueing Bill Murray for not participating in the new film.

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/Sony-Might-Sue-Bill-Murray-Playing-Ball-Ghostbusters-68651.html

https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/104704

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    This movie will....

holidays1-300x225.jpg

I still don' get this. The movie will be a limp cactus?

Also how in the f*ck can they manage to make the Stay Puft look f*cking awful?

They could have had a giant aggressive Kool Aid guy if Family Guy hadn't got there first.

There seems to be an overreliance on CGI, pretty much ignoring practical effects. That's why Ghostbusters still looks good, 30 years later. They used so much of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Is it just me or is Stay Puft looking really small?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

py2006 wrote: »
    Shooting a ghost in the penis?..

.. REALLY?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Basq wrote: »
    Shooting a ghost in the penis?..

.. REALLY?!?!?!
    Girl power.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,286 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Also how in the f*ck can they manage to make the Stay Puft look f*cking awful?

They've pretty much managed to make everything look f*cking awful so far.

Getting shot, punched, headbutted, elbowed in the dick has always been a staple of comedies. It's funny as long as it's not happening to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Getting shot, punched, headbutted, elbowed in the dick has always been a staple of comedies. It's funny as long as it's not happening to me.

latest?cb=20080216122246

hqdefault.jpg

Stay Puft isn't even a ghost, right?

He's a physical manifestation of a fear created by another ghost, right so guess not?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

f**k it hes a ghost now whatever.

The Presidents a duck?!!!

coming this fall starring Adam Sandler derp de derrrrrr

He's a physical manifestation of a fear created by another ghost, right so guess not?

But she wasn't a ghost either.

He was the physical manifestation of a fear created by a God. Gozer was pretty much a God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

A good friend of mine is seeing this today ahead of interviewing the cast at the London junket.

I'm DYING to hear what he has to say about it. After all the months of speculation, doubt and vitriol, the question remains - is the film any good or not. (I'm guessing NO)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

doubledown wrote: »
    A good friend of mine is seeing this today ahead of interviewing the cast at the London junket.

I'm DYING to hear what he has to say about it. After all the months of speculation, doubt and vitriol, the question remains - is the film any good or not. (I'm guessing NO)

Interviewing the cast would be fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Let us know will ya?

Maybe via PM though...

doubledown wrote: »

py2006 wrote: »
    Let us know will ya?

Maybe via PM though...

Probably not a good idea. Chances are there'll be pretty heavy restrictions on discussion of it.

Anyway, I'd be curious to know how the Stay Puft is going to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

This movie will....

holidays1-300x225.jpg

I still don' get this. The movie will be a limp cactus?

FLOP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

FLOP

I thought it was the movie will need watering.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I thought it was the movie will need watering.

I'm so happy I wasn't the only one that was confused by it.

I'm so happy I wasn't the only one that was confused by it.

I was much lower tone, considering the post that came directly before it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah sure 'Ghostbusters' was just a rip-off of Huey Lewis' 'I Want a New Drug' anyway ;)

Negative intuitions about this film seem like low-hanging fruit at this stage, but yeeesh that cover's a stinker. Honestly though, it's about the standard for those typical Hollywood, credits-music pop tie-in.

Advertisement