Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GhostBusters 2016 **SPOILERS FROM POST 1751 ONWARD**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

There is another forum where they had to lock the Ghostbusters thread due to the insane comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

so what the cast is bunch of women, the problem is the price of the movies, it should be €10 for adult and €5 for child in every cinema, we are only staying in there 3hrs not all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Smertrius wrote: »
    so what the cast is bunch of women, the problem is the price of the movies, it should be €10 for adult and €5 for child in every cinema, we are only staying in there 3hrs not all day

Yeah! Fight the power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Smertrius wrote: »
    Think you need to find a better cinema mate, the most I've ever paid for a ticket was €8, and with special offers it's usually €5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

silverharp wrote: »

He said it was terrible. A sign of reviews to come I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I hope this flops bad. Hollywood got lucky with bridesmaids, women cant be lead in comedy movies.

Ghostbusters will forever be tarnished with this film

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ricero wrote: »
    women cant be lead in comedy movies

Oh dear :/

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Its not about them all being women that's the issue for me its the fact that it was a reboot just destroyed it. Why would you get rid of the great characters we all knew and loved from the originals it just doesn't make sense to me why they decided to reboot it.

The plot should have been a mixed group of men and women training and taking over from the original Ghostbusters, that should have been the film instead of this feminist agenda driven unfunny mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Think this film looks terrible it ain,t going to be one bit funny and I hope it flops and gets forgotten about very quickly just like the other two big flops that have been out this year so far. Not really been a great year for big movies has it.

I would love to see a Ghostbusters movie in the cinema but I ain,t going to see this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

My guess is that it will do reasonably well with critics (say 70+ percent on Metacritic) and will be mostly slated by users/everyone else.

That would be a first in terms of a film within this genre.

I hope it succeeds anyway as I like the team behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Does that guy do any other movie reviews? I've scrolled down 4 months of his videos to see if he has any form. Doesn't look like it.

edit: found a playlist of his reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79A0A62926B54152

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's a pretty crap and whiney review.

That's my crap and whiney review of his review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Youtube reviewers I wouldn't even waste a breath on.

They're just your average pleb like the rest of us, only they thrive for attention with their "charismatic" performance.

I'm confused as to how he's able to give a "review" given that, I would assume, there's an embargo in place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I'm confused as to how he's able to give a "review" given that, I would assume, there's an embargo in place?

I saw this in the early comments, hes got nearly 250K views this this morning. lol
    Reply2
    The Masked Demon
    The Masked Demon11 hours ago
    Be careful man. Sony might sue you. lol. They're in full damage control. Review embargo drops on Sunday.

Nevertheless, great review man!!!

Reply530
    WrecklessEating
    WrecklessEating11 hours ago
    I never signed a single thing for them. This wasn't a normal screening.
    Reply129

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Oh boy if there's one opinion I wanted on this movie it's that of "Angry Bearded YouTube Man"

I saw this in the early comments, hes got nearly 250K views this this morning. lol

Dude could be absolutely screwed.

Its not about them all being women

this feminist agenda driven
    Yeah... it kinda is when you turn women starring in a comedy into "muh feminism". :pac:

Very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

A lot of people claiming it has nothing to do with feminism,
    The ending couldnt be any more feminist from the spoiler I was told.

But besides the agenda, from the trailers it looks like a load of tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Doge wrote: »
    A lot of people claiming it has nothing to do with feminism,

Is it a big ghost bra that they inevitably have to burn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is it a big ghost bra that they inevitably have to burn?

:pac:

Just realized the spoiler is mentioned in the "Rage" review video previously posted.

This comment on reddit sums up my feeling on the concept nicely :

"It seems like they were so caught up in making an all female Ghostbusters movie they forgot to make a Ghostbusters movie that just happened to have an all female cast."

Its just far too forced.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As somebody who counts great feminist filmmakers like Chantal Akerman and Kenji Mizoguchi among my all time favourite directors, I'm going to bet that yes, it could be more feminist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I won't be surprised if its bad, but like, why go into a movie with preconceived notions and expecting it to be bad? What a waste of time and energy. You should go into any movie, no matter what, with an open mind* and maybe you get pleasantly surprised, maybe you don't.

*Except Michael Bay films, they will always be awful.

Given the rantings and ravings about Fury Road and Force Awakens and the way some of the greatest movies ever made have feminist themes I don't see how that's remotely a bad thing tbh.

But in reality the ending of Ghostbusters will probably just be a nice bit of empowerment and inclusivity that people with agendas of their own will twist to be bad somehow, like the hilarious cries of reverse sexism at the "Girl Power" image.

The original try didn't seem to work so I'll just post a link. Here is a video that goes into the controversies of Ghostbusters and the real reasons people are very cautious of it.

https://youtu.be/L-6VLuz75yw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

ps3lover wrote: »
    The original try didn't seem to work so I'll just post a link. Here is a video that goes into the controversies of Ghostbusters and the real reasons people are very cautious of it.

https://youtu.be/L-6VLuz75yw

Here ya go...

Sounds like they plan on making a couple sequels to this movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well they planned on making sequels and spin offs to that amazing spiderman **** till it bombed, and now they're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Word is, that as expected, it's a "good" movie.

Advertisement