Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL2+

• 11-12-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Anyone know what kind of config this requires ie.. PPPOE, PPPOA, or other?

Ta in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Fredrick wrote: »
    Anyone know what kind of config this requires ie.. PPPOE, PPPOA, or other?

Ta in advance.

PPPoE. Who is your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Vanbis wrote: »
    PPPoE. Who is your ISP?

My ISP is magnet, i posted in the magnet forum yesterday morning and no replies, so i thought i would try here. I moved house recently and brought my router which worked with magnet adsl in the old house, with me, i got them to move it to the new house, and they tell me its now adsl2+ but my router which supports adsl2+ will not receive ip setting so no internet. So you reckon its PPPoE Vanbis?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My ISP is magnet, i posted in the magnet forum yesterday morning and no replies, so i thought i would try here. I moved house recently and brought my router which worked with magnet adsl in the old house, with me, i got them to move it to the new house, and they tell me its now adsl2+ but my router which supports adsl2+ will not receive ip setting so no internet. So you reckon its PPPoE Vanbis?

Depends on whether you're on LLU or Bitstream. If it's LLU there is none. If it's Bitstream then it's PPPoE. What package are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Spear wrote: »
    Depends on whether you're on LLU or Bitstream. If it's LLU there is none. If it's Bitstream then it's PPPoE. What package are you on?

Was talking to one of there guys briefly the other day and he said its no longer bitstream. Whats LLU? and does it not require a username and password?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Was talking to one of there guys briefly the other day and he said its no longer bitstream. Whats LLU? and does it not require a username and password?

LLU (local loop unbundling) is where the taint of Eircom has been partially eradicated, and ISP's can install their own DSLAM's in exchanges rather than resell Eircoms packages. If you're on LLU then there is no password, the Telsey modems are configured as bridges with no authentication.

• Advertisement
Advertisement