Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applying for test - Unavailable dates?

• 11-12-2009 10:38pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I applied for a driving test recently. However, due to the 6-month wait period, I put myself as being 'unavailable' until the first day that I am allowed to sit my test.

Does this mean that I will only join the 'back of the queue' on the waiting list once this date has been reached (January 20th by the way), or am I on a waiting list now but I won't be scheduled until after that date?

According to my driving instructor, there is a 3-month wait in the Dundalk test centre (despite what the RSA website claims).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Sorry to bump my own thread.

I applied for the test on the 5th of November, for Dundalk. But I set myself as unavailable for every day up until the 22nd of January (when I am allowed to take my test, due to the 6-month wait).

When abouts should I expect my test to be? As I set myself as unavailable to 22nd of January, will my application not be considered until after then? What I mean is, can I expect my test to be soon enough after that, or 3 months after that?

Thanks in advance! Merry Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 girseach

Hi not sure about the 'unavailable situation' but just a note that I am also doing test in Dundalk I booked it on website on 13th Oct and got notified of test just before Christmas for 22nd January so it is taking 3 months+ to get the test.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I just got an e-mail today. Test is on 3rd of February!

However, I'm pretty certain that I will be doing exams that day. Is it possible to move the test (defer it?) to another date? Or do I have to cancel it and get put back on the 3-month waiting list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Yea I got an email last week for my test in February on the one day I'll be away so I mailed back to cancel but have yet to receive a reply.

You've to wait so long it's difficult to say what dates are not suitable when first applying (November 09). Now I have 2 blocks of dates in March & May which I will be out of the country so I'm hoping it doesn't get resheduled for them.

I seem to remember a page on the RSA site where you could login and alter your unavailable dates?? Can't find it now..

Advertisement