Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20+ Braces

Options
  • 11-12-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Female in early 20's getting ceramic braces soon... Looking for a bit of advice.
    What can I eat? What will stain the braces?
    Have already gathered that black coffee, red wine etc will stain but what else do i need to be aware of?
    Also I like the occasional cigarette when i have a few drinks... is this off limits now too?
    Any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dental Issues

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I have bottom ones, but I'm not sure what stains them. Not a lot as long as you take proper care of them I suppose.

But what I can tell you is that crumbly biscuits, jaffa cakes (!) and fish get stuck extremely badly. x_x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I'm 30 and just got my braces off after 22 months! totally worth it!

Anyway, I ate most things, just always have a toothpick handy or carry a small toothbrush and paste. Avoid the obvious things e.g. apples, corn on the cob, ribs etc. - basically anything tough that you have to take a bite out of. All of these types of food can be cut up and ate in chunks if you really want to!

regarding staining, I regularly drank red wine, and there was no staining when the braces came off. In general they had yellowed a bit because it's harder to brush them, to combat this I bought a course of premium whitlening strips on eBay (Crest) which I just finished (10 day course) and my teeth look amazing!!

Am not sure about ciggies as I don't smoke.

best of luck with it!

Advertisement