Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beep your horn all day long on Monday 14th of Dec if you want change

Options
  • 11-12-2009 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The Irish Times are running with my campaign tomorrow so please read on and add the Facebook profile page if you want to spread the word even more.

"This page has been set up to encourage EVERY Citizen in Ireland to join us and beep their horn all day long from 8.00 am til 8.00 pm. If you are not happy with you or your Family and Friends losing their jobs, the cuts to YOUR wages, cuts to public spending etc etc then the plan of action is very simple. From the minute you get into your car this particular Monday, and every time you get into it throughout the day, we encourage you to beep your horn constantly and be happy in the knowledge that there are so many more joining you to show OUR Government that WE ARE NOT HAPPY. WE WILL BE HEARD AND THAT IS A FACT!"

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=197380393846&ref=ts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

Um.... this is a 'hilarious' joke, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Tell me this is a joke?

Edit: Beaten to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

what a childish, pointless and stupid idea. count me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

and you are doing???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

So you want people to support your cause and the best way to do that is by pi$$ign people off and giving them headaches. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Elevator wrote: »
    and you are doing???

I could fart loudly?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Sightly unfair for me!! I am a citizen of Ireland, but don't have a car, how I can participate?!? Oh wait, I don't want to!! You have got to be kidding about this? Its a joke, please tell me its a joke?!

I have lost my job twice in the last 2 years and currently loosing €8 a week, can barely afford Christmas, let alone ever see me buying my own house, and I am 30 next year, but I am not gonna piss and moan about it, FFS, the people in this country are too used to having money. I get up and get on with it everyday, do I like it? No, but nothing I can do about it. Its either take a small cut now, or face a worse budget next year,k with cuts twice as big.

As far as I can see, its public sector who have their knickers in a twist. Answer me this, you have 2 options, 1 is to take a paycut or 2 is to end up with no job, which are you gonna choose? Exactly.

Lets face it the country is broke and we have to put up with it, we roared in the "Celtic Tiger" and now we have to play our part. No amount of "beeping your horn" will make a difference. I can hear Brian Lenihan saying, oh wait I hear all these cars beeping, we will scrap all the cuts we made on Wednesday.

I don't think so. No amount of striking or "beeping your horn" or facebook pages is gonna chnage the facts that we have to accept these cuts and hopefully get the country back on track and get out of this recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Hi all,

The Irish Times are running with my campaign tomorrow so please read on and add the Facebook profile page if you want to spread the word even more.

"This page has been set up to encourage EVERY Citizen in Ireland to join us and beep their horn all day long from 8.00 am til 8.00 pm. If you are not happy with you or your Family and Friends losing their jobs, the cuts to YOUR wages, cuts to public spending etc etc then the plan of action is very simple. From the minute you get into your car this particular Monday, and every time you get into it throughout the day, we encourage you to beep your horn constantly and be happy in the knowledge that there are so many more joining you to show OUR Government that WE ARE NOT HAPPY. WE WILL BE HEARD AND THAT IS A FACT!"

What a great idea. I'm getting a horn already just at the thought of it:) Irish Times and all behind you. Fintan O Toole ........ he will be beeping his tool all day I imagine.

• Advertisement

I would also like to point out I don't take too kindly to be being beeped at regardless of what the reason.

so if you are some bright spark and follow this if your behind someone and they out of the car, make sure your window is closed tightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hi all,

And as I speed along College Green and need to warn a ped to get out of the way..? Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Great, now I need a new horn.

Chrysler says theyll sell me one for $350. Thanks for nothing OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

So Ireland is spending 20 billion more than it's earning...and beeping my horn is going to fix this, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

kubler_ross.gif

We're nearly there.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

it is sad that i anticipated this negativity when I seen replies going up so fast. I am still happy to be putting it up in the knowledge that someone might actually just do it and not moan like passive little sheep.

I am closer to knowing what is actually going on behind the scenes than you know and thats what makes me laugh.

I'm out of here as I know this will only end up wrecking my head and to be honest I've had enough of trying to get through to everybody I happen to come across in real life not to mind through the internets.

Have a nice weekend and don't blow your horn on monday if you don't want to but if you do then fair played to ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have a horn that I'll beep because i'm unhappy that the wife won't give me a bj. But once I beep it then i won't be able to for another three hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

it is sad that i anticipated this negativity when I seen replies going up so fast. I am still happy to be putting it up in the knowledge that someone might actually just do it and not moan like passive little sheep.

I am closer to knowing what is actually going on behind the scenes than you know and thats what makes me laugh.

I'm out of here as I know this will only end up wrecking my head and to be honest I've had enough of trying to get through to everybody I happen to come across in real life not to mind through the internets.

Have a nice weekend and don't blow your horn on monday if you don't want to but if you do then fair played to ya :)

Lets be clear about this:

You want everybody to drive around on Monday beeping their horns in protest at the government. Has it crossed your mind that you may be inciting road rage incidents because of this? It is also possibly the most pointless & immature thing I have ever heard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

This wouldnt even survive long in AH! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Down with that sort of thing! Careful now!
    It is also possibly the most pointless & immature thing I have ever heard of.

Dont worry, theyll have Joan Burton out leading it by Monday.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

EF wrote: »
    This wouldnt even survive long in AH! :rolleyes:

Oh yes it would ...think of the mileage we could get out of all the horny jokes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Aah wrong thread..thought it said keep your horn all day long and clicked in here

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

peasant wrote: »
    Oh yes it would ...think of the mileage we could get out of all the horny jokes :D

mmmm Joan Burton.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

ReefBreak wrote: »
    So Ireland is spending 20 billion more than it's earning...and beeping my horn is going to fix this, right?

Ya know sommat Reeffer, the sad bit is some poor misguided souls actually do believe it!!

Ya know sommat Reeffer, the sad bit is some poor misguided souls actually do believe it!!

If we do it going past the french embassay, we might get a spot in the world cup thrown in to the bargain.

if the organisers can find it that is.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

Apart from the sheer stupidity of the whole idea - have you thought of how dangerous it would be if every motorist decided to 'honk their horn constantly'?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Isn't this a bit dangerous?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

What a stupid, stupid idea. The likes of which would see in an episode of The Simpsons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement