Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beep your horn all day long on Monday 14th of Dec if you want change

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Elevator wrote: »
    I am closer to knowing what is actually going on behind the scenes than you

oh rhly? and do you know something about are 20+ odd billion current budget deficit that we don't then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

To paraphase the teachers strike in the Simpsons " Honk if you like doughnuts"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Are we allowed bring Air Horns into work? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

I am closer to knowing what is actually going on behind the scenes than you know and thats what makes me laugh.

Well unless your inside information is that the entire cabinet are being supplied with high power hearing aids on Monday, I still don't see how this isn't utterly moronic and you've done nothing to convince me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

They should make a forum for useless retarded things that wont help the country out of the recession. This idea can go in there along with bitching, moaning, striking, believing it isn`t actually happening, thinking you didnt cause so you shouldnt pay, letting all the banks die, shooting the government, ditching the euro, taxing the rich out of the country, making NEW cars cheaper, borrowing even more money etc etc .

Then again, maybe garages might be able to make a few bob from replacement horns...

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I thought the thread title meant that I could sit in my car all day and people would drop money into my window instead of me standing out in the cold & rain. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I'm trying to criticize your post here and not you so bear with me
    Elevator wrote:
    I've had enough of trying to get through to everybody I happen to come across in real life not to mind through the internets.

What does that tell you?
    If people in real life are dismissive, (not to mind the internetz/land of keyboard warrioring where its easy to be dismissive), has it occurred to you that perhaps you are in the wrong?

it is sad that i anticipated this negativity when I seen replies going up so fast. I am still happy to be putting it up in the knowledge that someone might actually just do it and not moan like passive little sheep.
    Are people "passive little sheep" because they have a different opinion to you?
    What does that make the people who follow you?
    I am closer to knowing what is actually going on behind the scenes than you know and that's what makes me laugh.

How can you justify, in the same post, criticising people for being "passive little sheep" while at the same time withholding the information about "what is really going on"?
    I'm out of here as I know this will only end up wrecking my head and to be honest
    Perhaps if you share the information about "what is really going on", then some people will see your argument as reasonable?
    Have a nice weekend and don't blow your horn on monday if you don't want to but if you do then fair played to ya :)
    AFAIK, this is illegal, in terms of road rage and noise pollution.

How will the Gardai determine who is a supporter and who is a lunatic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    I'm trying to criticize your post here and not you so bear with me

What does that tell you?
    If people in real life are dismissive, (not to mind the internetz/land of keyboard warrioring where its easy to be dismissive), has it occurred to you that perhaps you are in the wrong?

Are people "passive little sheep" because they have a different opinion to you?
    What does that make the people who follow you?

How can you justify, in the same post, criticising people for being "passive little sheep" while at the same time withholding the information about "what is really going on"?

Perhaps if you share the information about "what is really going on", then some people will see your argument as reasonable?

AFAIK, this is illegal, in terms of road rage and noise pollution.

fair enough, i am very close to people who actually do know what is really going on and what the governments agenda is, for obvious reasons i cant really go onto a public forum with sensitive information. there are many plans coming together and thats all i'm saying.

on the other hand i have somehow landed myself in a position to have been in discussions in the past year with other groups who have influence and power and been asked to help with agendas to try do something to sort the crap out. this is also stuff i am not goin to put out on a public forum. just trying to do my bit to put more pressure on a dying government is all.

at least i am tryin to do something and in fairness it worked for the truckers who used the same methods back in early 2000's when the vat rate on diesel started to effect their business.

there is a huge mess goin on in our country for years now and no one man is going to sort it out but i rest easy in the knowledge that there are people around me who are gathering pace in their efforts to bring about solutions

it will all become clearer very soon and thats a fact.

ps. i did lol at the comments made in this thread, i do have a sense of humour and value the lolz the comments brought me.

i hope the mods aren't pissed with me as i am new here

thank you and good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

anyone who wakes me at 8am on Monday by constant horn-beeping will get punched in the goddamn neck, alright?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Should I honk my horn if I want them to make more 4 billion more in cutbacks or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

jackncoke wrote: »

so original mate (facepalms)
    cute_cow wrote: »
    Sightly unfair for me!! I am a citizen of Ireland, but don't have a car, how I can participate?!? Oh wait, I don't want to!! You have got to be kidding about this? Its a joke, please tell me its a joke?!

i risk serious abuse here but i dont own a car anymore either but in my defense i am tryin to put more pressure on OUR goverment

I have lost my job twice in the last 2 years and currently loosing €8 a week, can barely afford Christmas, let alone ever see me buying my own house, and I am 30 next year, but I am not gonna piss and moan about it, FFS, the people in this country are too used to having money. I get up and get on with it everyday, do I like it? No, but nothing I can do about it. Its either take a small cut now, or face a worse budget next year,k with cuts twice as big.

i hear ya man and i too have suffered a lot of set backs in the past year, have no house and am turning 30 also next year, if you believe that this budget has sorted the need for an even worse budget next year then you are as fooled as the unions were during the middle of last week. how can you believe the bull being dribbled by the snakes in the dail? i have 2 kids and if it wasnt for college and recently winning a civil case against a client who owed me money since last march this xmas would have been a lot worse. i feel your pain i really do and i hope something works out for you and you get through christmas ok.

As far as I can see, its public sector who have their knickers in a twist. Answer me this, you have 2 options, 1 is to take a paycut or 2 is to end up with no job, which are you gonna choose? Exactly.

Lets face it the country is broke and we have to put up with it, we roared in the "Celtic Tiger" and now we have to play our part. No amount of "beeping your horn" will make a difference. I can hear Brian Lenihan saying, oh wait I hear all these cars beeping, we will scrap all the cuts we made on Wednesday.

I don't think so. No amount of striking or "beeping your horn" or facebook pages is gonna chnage the facts that we have to accept these cuts and hopefully get the country back on track and get out of this recession.

this budget has done nothing to turn it around and that is what has sickened some people i know

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Save it for your wife.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

i'm away in there now k-9, best things in life are free n all that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

Ridiculous thread of the ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 49 siscri

This comment has been set up to encourage EVERY OTHER Citizen in Ireland to join us and beep their horn all day long from 8.00 am til 8.00 pm. If you are not happy with people beeping their horns for ridiculous reasons and with no clear aim then the plan of action is very simple. From the minute you get into your car this particular Monday, and every time you get into it throughout the day, we encourage you to also beep your horn constantly and be happy in the knowledge that there are so many more joining you to show BEEPERS that WE ARE NOT HAPPY. WE WILL BE HEARD AND THAT IS A FACT. IT WILL BE UNCLEAR IF PEOPLE ARE BEEPING FOR OR AGAINST AND THEREFORE IT WILL ALL BE POINTLESS. WRITING IN CAPITAL LETTERS HELPS GET POINTS ACROSS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

fair enough, i am very close to people who actually do know what is really going on and what the governments agenda is, for obvious reasons i cant really go onto a public forum with sensitive information. there are many plans coming together and thats all i'm saying.

on the other hand i have somehow landed myself in a position to have been in discussions in the past year with other groups who have influence and power and been asked to help with agendas to try do something to sort the crap out. this is also stuff i am not goin to put out on a public forum. just trying to do my bit to put more pressure on a dying government is all.

Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I send my request to

Jesus
    Care of The Pentagon

Right???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So how does this work?
    I leave home and start beeping my horn till i am at work?
    That will impress a lot of people. I leave home at 5 am.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Dannyboy83 wrote: »

By all accounts they might be busy blowing their own horns ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

This thread has all the hallmarks of the conspiracy theorist. The apparent friendliness of his initial post soon turned to arrogant defensive posturing, as many people seemed to disagree with his assertion/suggestion. Given this, rather than take the time to rebut his opponents with reasoned, logical discourse, he simply reverts to phase two of the conspiracy theorists plan, which is to throw a tantrum and call everyone who disagrees with him a sheep(le). Finally, when some elements of the crowd attempt to soothe him and try get him to come around, he merely retorts by claiming that "sources close to him" have let him know that "something is going to happen real soon", and that we are all going to see how right he was. Sadly, neither the impending truth nor the lucidity of his veracity ever come to pass. Ever.

Textbook troofer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭seclachi

So your close to the machinations of our evil government and know there innermost workings, and your cunning plan to save ireland is... for people to randomly honk there horns on Monday ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

I've considered starting a public campaign to have horns barred from automobile manufacture. They are supposed to be used in emergencies but instead, are used as personal stress-relief devices. They serve no utilitarian purpose today and they are little more than an audible assault on the general public within range.

Maybe if this idea goes ahead it could create a perfect platform to launch said campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Go away Ganley we're still not interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Wait a minute are you:

A - A Member of the Green Party?

B
    - A high Ranking Public Service Union Official?

- If you answer yes to either of the above two questions then your nonsensical, poorly-conceived, scary recipe for traffic carnage and road faring misery makes perfect sense to me.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I will punch anyone in the face who is beeping while I try to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What exactly are you proposing a protest against?

The fact that the country is rapidly getting into huge debt by keeping an over bloated public sector paid on '07 wages, when the rest of the country can see what's happening.

Or are you protesting that you are losing some money out of your monthly wages and are not happy.

Or is that the twins are out of XFactor?

I agree with whoever said you sound like a proper conspiracy theorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

WADDA WE WANT?

BEEP!

WHEN DO WE WANT IT??

BEEP! BEEP!

population wrote: »
    Your ideas intrigue me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I send my request to

Jesus
    Care of The Pentagon

Right???

of course i'm a nutter, yes, look i am being very careful about what i say on a public forum as i cannot land anyone in trouble but lets just say this, i do know what is going on and leave it at that, i am not talking to nutters who tell me they think they know whats going on, i hear facts practically from the horses mouth.
    inforfun wrote: »
    So how does this work?
    I leave home and start beeping my horn till i am at work?
    That will impress a lot of people. I leave home at 5 am.....

it's actually planned from 8 am to 8 pm but you do what ya like there inforfun, typical jump on the oh yey everybodies slaggin this guy bandwagon but if you opened your eyes and not be lead by the eejits you would have read the facts, as i said i anticipated this so not a bit surprised
    Raiser wrote: »
    Wait a minute are you:

A - A Member of the Green Party?

B
    - A high Ranking Public Service Union Official?

- If you answer yes to either of the above two questions then your nonsensical, poorly-conceived, scary recipe for traffic carnage and road faring misery makes perfect sense to me.......

close but not exactly, what exactly are you doing to try pile pressure on the government, i did something and i get hit with all this crap, you guys make me laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

You did nothing. A **** idea is not contributing anything. Doing nothing at all is better than your Homer of an idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement