Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beep your horn all day long on Monday 14th of Dec if you want change

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Can you please explain how beeping a car horn is going to change anything?

All it will do is endanger motorists and piss everyone off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

It simply must be the worst idea I have ever heard for anything, ever. I truely mean that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Elevator wrote: »

it's actually planned from 8 am to 8 pm but you do what ya like there inforfun, typical jump on the oh yey everybodies slaggin this guy bandwagon but if you opened your eyes and not be lead by the eejits you would have read the facts, as i said i anticipated this so not a bit surprised

I have my eyes open all my life.
    That is why i am now good financial shape.

People who can not see that cuts were necessary because there is less money coming in than going out, they need to open their eyes.
    If the PS would have been run like a company thousands of people would have had a 100% paycut.

The only thing "eejit" here is the suggesting to beep horns for 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

fair enough, i am very close to people who actually do know what is really going on and what the governments agenda is, for obvious reasons i cant really go onto a public forum with sensitive information. there are many plans coming together and thats all i'm saying.

on the other hand i have somehow landed myself in a position to have been in discussions in the past year with other groups who have influence and power and been asked to help with agendas to try do something to sort the crap out. this is also stuff i am not goin to put out on a public forum. just trying to do my bit to put more pressure on a dying government is all.

at least i am tryin to do something and in fairness it worked for the truckers who used the same methods back in early 2000's when the vat rate on diesel started to effect their business.

there is a huge mess goin on in our country for years now and no one man is going to sort it out but i rest easy in the knowledge that there are people around me who are gathering pace in their efforts to bring about solutions

it will all become clearer very soon and thats a fact.

ps. i did lol at the comments made in this thread, i do have a sense of humour and value the lolz the comments brought me.

i hope the mods aren't pissed with me as i am new here

thank you and good night

This is all very "mysterious" :D

Elevator, serious question. Are you connected with Fine Gael ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lads don't get sucked in this is obvious a ploy by SIMI to make people who want to protest and don't own a car to buy one before the end of the year !!!!

(or its a hairbrained idea by the likes of the Green Parties Mr FU!!)

• Advertisement

4glmhw.jpg

Get your bumper stickers while they're hot, people!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,452 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hi all,

The Irish Times are running with my campaign tomorrow so please read on and add the Facebook profile page if you want to spread the word even more.

"This page has been set up to encourage EVERY Citizen in Ireland to join us and beep their horn all day long from 8.00 am til 8.00 pm. If you are not happy with you or your Family and Friends losing their jobs, the cuts to YOUR wages, cuts to public spending etc etc then the plan of action is very simple.

I didn't buy this mornings Irish Times. (I don't think I've ever bought it but thats beside the point.)

So how did the Irish Times 'run with your campaign'? Editorial? Supplementary Pullout? Front Page headline?
    Or did someone in government get to them?

Beeping horns at the Government

Sat, Dec 12, 2009

A chara, – I have started a campaign called “beep your horn all day Monday 14th December (8am to 8pm) if you want change” to highlight people’s frustration against our current Government. It has been launched on a Facebook profile page to begin with and we expect a lot of high profile people to pick up on it. We envisage it shall spread quickly though the social networks due to its originality and ease of participation for those of us lucky enough to be still running a car every day. – Is mise,

GARY VAUGHAN,

Ballyloughane Road,

Renmore, Co Galway.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2009/1212/1224260586662.html
    © 2009 The Irish Times

Ok, this has to be a wind up, right? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

This is a wonderful and innovative idea. To adopt a universal emergency signal as a means of personal grumping is just genius. Sure, it endangers everyone who might actually need to be beeped at. But what are a few road deaths alongside the prospect of an exhilaratingly unspecific protest about, you know, stuff.

But what about those of us who aren't driving all day? I propose that we wander from room to room shouting FIRE! or OH MY GOD MY EYES MY EYES!

That'll show 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭aurelius79

Why do I get the feeling that this is a cynical attempt by the government to keep people in their cars, burning petrol for the new carbon tax?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

aurelius79 wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling that this is a cynical attempt by the government to keep people in their cars, burning petrol for the new carbon tax?

But the idea comes from someone who Knows Things, who has Secret Access to a bunch of Facts That Are Too Explosive To Share. How could you possibly doubt him? It's not as if that kind of rhetoric is usually one step away from wearing a tin-foil helmet and seeing the face of Osama Bin Laden in your Pot Noodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

The world would be a far better place if horns were never put on cars - They are almost always abused by idiots - This idea is case in point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Osama Bin Laden in your Pot Noodles.

Whatever will they think of next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ragg wrote: »
    The world would be a far better place if horns were never put on cars - They are almost always abused by idiots

Or it could just be your driving? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Yeah no prob will do !

Ah crap - No diesel in the car !!!

Ah crap - Car was repossessed !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

phonecalls of support pouring in from all over the country since 8.45 this morning, nice to see we're not all a bunch of defeated moaning Paddys.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Morons can make phonecalls too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

so whats the story, we protest to stop the country cutting public spending, and put the country more into debt. Ok I dont like the way the poor people were cut in the budget but if we were to protest should we not be looking for them to raise the much needed money through the rich instead of just saying dont make any cuts.

Oh hang on, sure we all love this recession dont we, yeah lets go out and beep our horns, we want our economy to get worse after all dont we....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

If anyone starts beeping at me, i can be found at the following address getting revenge;
    GARY VAUGHAN,

Ballyloughane Road,

Renmore, Co Galway

:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Now now. The OP is saying that beeping your horn all day will fix things and for me this is watertight reasoning as well worn evidence will suggest.

Cast your minds back to everytime you have been caught in an endless traffic jam. Once you started to beep your horn in an arrogant fashion the traffic miraculously started to move didn't it!!!

People just needed a beep like incentive to stop being "sheep" and start doing something about the traffic jam, because previously they were just sitting there for the hell of it which I as someone who knew someone who knew someone who knew someones cat objected strongly to.

Power to the beeple;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not sure if I like the combineing of forums. I vote to have the humour forum seperated back out on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Why don't you post up what changes need to be reversed and who you'd get the money from instead. Wake up and realise changes mean nothing becaues the people who come in are as bad as the ones going out.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

In hindsight, I never should have left this thread open - this isn't a forum for organising protests, least of all hare-brained ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement