Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC Updates anybody?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

No updates at the mo on irishpokerchampionship.com. Anywhere else doing em?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 phil16phil

Searching for something too.
    This is all I,ve found....not very good at the minute but may get going

http://www.pokerevents.ie/Home/tabid/38/Default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭caoimh36

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

And they say its only a small portion of luck:confused:

10.01pm: Ainsworth flops the immortal nuts
    We're back from the break and almost instantly Team PokerStars Pro Jude Ainsworth has chipped up to a towering 80,000 after flopping quad twos against Peter Barrible. Ainsworth rivered a boat with pocket Aces on a 2♠ 2♥ 8♠ 3♣ A♣ board and somehow, and we're not entirely sure how, Barrible managed not to go broke and just flat called at the very end. He's sat on around 8000 after losing out on the monster 56,000 pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

We're back from the break and almost instantly Team PokerStars Pro Jude Ainsworth has chipped up to a towering 80,000 after flopping quad twos against Peter Barrible. Ainsworth rivered a boat with pocket Aces on a 2♠ 2♥ 8♠ 3♣ A♣ board and somehow, and we're not entirely sure how, Barrible managed not to go broke and just flat called at the very end. He's sat on around 8000 after losing out on the monster 56,000 pot.
    I suppose when you're playing 2 hands, it's easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Should that not read...

We're back from the break and almost instantly Team PokerStars Pro Jude Ainsworth has chipped up to a towering 80,000 after flopping quad twos against Peter Barrible. Ainsworth Barrible rivered a boat with pocket Aces on a 2♠ 2♥ 8♠ 3♣ A♣ board and somehow, and we're not entirely sure how, Barrible managed not to go broke and just flat called at the very end. He's sat on around 8000 after losing out on the monster 56,000 pot.

That really was an amazing call by Barrible... Not too many people who wouldn't have gone broke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Degag wrote: »
    Should that not read...

That really was an amazing call by Barrible... Not too many people who wouldn't have gone broke...

Amazingly stupid . Terrible call. Anyone who doesnt go broke here should give up poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

Should that not read...

Pretty bad call really if he thought he was beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Looks like a pretty poor turnout , 125K for first, i thought i read somewhere that they were expecting 400+ and a 250K 1st prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Amazingly stupid . Terrible call. Anyone who doesnt go boke here should give up poker.
    BobSloane wrote: »
    Pretty bad call really if he thought he was beat

Meh.... he had the second nuts.... Ivey himself wouldn't fold there. Admittedly, you should definitely be going AI in this spot but at the same time, if you're behind you're behind! A one in a million fold, he should be commended rather than villified IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Looks like a pretty poor turnout , 125K for first, i thought i read somewhere that they were expecting 400+ and a 250K 1st prize?

400 runners is never going to make a 250k first prize.
    I figured 300 tops tbh,I always thought holding this event around christmas is bad idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

Admittedly, you should definitely be going AI in this spot but at the same time, if you're behind you're behind! A one in a million fold,

but he didn't fold which obv would have been godlike. and he didnt ship which would be standard. he called which is like weak tight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I presume there is a mistake in the reporting, hope so anyway for his sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

I hope Flipper wins........again....also herd there's a big article on flipper on pokerstars tv; can anyone link it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

Kieran Walsh sitting on 60k for day 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Fair play to Peter , he finished day 1 on 39k , nice comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cadey110

Do I need to register for nthe side events for the IPC in the hotel or at the Eglinton? Will be in Galway on Monday and might chance the 350 event.

Those pokerstars updates are total cack,completely missing their target audience.

Edit: Just completely missing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

cadey110 wrote: »
    Do I need to register for nthe side events for the IPC in the hotel or at the Eglinton? Will be in Galway on Monday and might chance the 350 event.

might be wrong, usually am... but i think the monday game is 250.00 and the sunday game, starting at 7pm (2 day) is the 350.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cadey110

westlife wrote: »
    might be wrong, usually am... but i think the monday game is 250.00 and the sunday game, starting at 7pm (2 day) is the 350.00

Yep your right. Typo on my part.

• Advertisement

Go on Parky.
    4.10pm: 133 players left and Parkinson appears to want knock them all out
    The starting field has almost been halved with close to 40 players dropping in the first two levels of the day. Overnight big stacks Kieran Walsh and Christopher Brammer have continued scooping in chips and look to be joint chip leaders on around 140,000 while the man on a mission - in more than one sense of the word - is Padraig Parkinson who is absolutely flying. Washing down pots liberally with Guiness Parkinson has boosted his stack from a day start of 22,750 to somewhere in the region of 85,000 to 111,000. Take a look at his stacking and you'll see why creating an approximation is being such an issue. The tournament directors are doing what they can but a Parkinson in full swing is difficult to manage to say the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭6r4mad

no today at 7pm is the 550 game!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Take a look at his stacking and you'll see why creating an approximation is being such an issue. The tournament directors are doing what they can but a Parkinson in full swing is difficult to manage to say the least.
    The man is a legend. I reckon he's ****faced by now. Can't imagine what he'll be like by the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

I'm here in the Radisson. Eliminations are bang up to date on pokerevents.ie. I'm starting to post up regular chipcounts now as well. Click on a players photo to get the chipcount. Will take requests for counts for players still in so launch away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

J Tompkins please.

J Tompkins please.

finished in 61st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Any news on Michael OSullivan winner of the IWF? Tyty

Padraig just busted flipper for the chip lead. all in pre - AK vs AQ for flipper. around 400k in the pot. PP looked to have been winding flipper up in the lead up to that hand.

jbravado wrote: »
    Any news on Michael OSullivan winner of the IWF? Tyty

Michael has about 42k. nicnicnic is button to his bb and also at the table are Iain Cheyne and John Duthie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

toHex wrote: »
    Michael has about 42k. nicnicnic is button to his bb and also at the table are Iain Cheyne and John Duthie.

Brill-great hustle thanks a mill. Can you give a shout here if anything notable happens,preferably a huge triple/quadruaple up-what are blinds antes now?

Advertisement