Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC Updates anybody?

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Good luck to Cat and BigMickG on the FT. Take it down please.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

thebullets wrote: »
    Come on padraig!! Im on at 100/1!! Cheers boyles!!

thats conor isnt it? were u on it each way mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

we wont be making a table draw until around 1pm tomorrow. play restarts at 2pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thebullets

well lad. yeah backed it each way. he said he fancied himself this week. thank fcuk i didnt do it in a double with a horse that lost yesterday like my original plan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,316 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

toHex wrote: »
    Coming back tomorrow are:

Paul Marrow 1000500 Liverpool UK
    Ben Lefew 928500 Harvard USA
    Padraig Parkinson 693500 Paris France
    Michael McFadgen 585500 Toronto Canada
    Michael Graydon 585000 Dublin Ireland
    Cat O Neill 535000 Belfast Ireland
    Paul Dooley 376500 Letterkenny Ireland
    Vincent Cosgrove 301000 Tuam Ireland
    Trevor Bulless 173500 London UK

tough table michael mcfadgen is Vers on pokerstars a solid sng grinder,

already stated is ben lefew's pedigree

i will be routing the hardest for Mick

ya gotta love Parky tho,

anyone except Paul Marrow i'll be happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭roleynoley

DrJFF wrote: »

ya gotta love Parky tho,

What you got against Paul??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

ya gotta love Parky tho,

Well, he supports most poker festivals in Ireland, and I'm delighted to see him running deep.

Connie

roleynoley wrote: »
    What you got against Paul??

absolutely nothing, just don't like his style of play and think a result here would mean alot more to anyone else on the final table
    connie147 wrote: »
    Well, he supports most poker festivals in Ireland, and I'm delighted to see him running deep.

Connie

as i said above i've nothing against him,

fair play to him supporting all the events

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The Ben Lefew fellow probably knows what he's doing:

http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/chong94

Ya, played with him for a couple of hours yesterday around the bubble, good player. It was him that knocked me out today as well when we were both short. Impressive recovery. Seems like a real nice guy too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

gl mick, take it down

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Hawk Eye wrote: »
    gl mick, take it down

+1

always going deep in these events, very impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

absolutely nothing, just don't like his style of play and think a result here would mean alot more to anyone else on the final table

you couldnt be more wrong here, after day one he had 17k and i can honestly say I'd never seen a guy happier to get through a days poker; until today that is, I saw Paul actually crying with joy after play finished today, thats how much it meant to this guy.

GL TO Padraig, Mick, Cat, Paul and Paul Dooley in no particular order, I've only seen Dooley at three live events, Final table 2007 irish open, final table 2009 winter festival and FT here now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

nicnicnic wrote: »
    you couldnt be more wrong here,

ye couldnt agree more, Paul is spot on and always good craic to have around,nice result nicky for the first weekend in a boyle's badge, i'm sure there's better to come tho.Best of luck Padraig,Cat,Mick and Paul would love to see one of these 4 take it down

nicnicnic wrote: »
    you couldnt be more wrong here, after day one he had 17k and i can honestly say I'd never seen a guy happier to get through a days poker; until today that is, I saw Paul actually crying with joy after play finished today, thats how much it meant to this guy.

GL TO Padraig, Mick, Cat, Paul and Paul Dooley in no particular order, I've only seen Dooley at three live events, Final table 2007 irish open, final table 2009 winter festival and FT here now

i think wat i was trying to say may have came across wrong,

obviously to any poker play it would mean alot to them to get thru day 1 make the final table and win an event etc,

wat i meant is that for people like Vers and Bigmickg for, it would mean more to them in terms of sponsorship opportunities with pokerstars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Good luck to Cat and BIGMICKG tomorrow. Would be nice to see either take it down. Parky would also be a very welcome winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 zztopper

hard luck to AC out on the bubble, unlucky mate

I shouldn't have an opinion but I think this is a big event for bigmickg and wish him all the best. And the same amount of luck to everyone else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 speculationgame

Whats the blinds at start of ft?

6k/12k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

GL Cat and BIGMICKG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrReaperMan

Best of luck to BigMickG. As a regular reader of his blog he doesn't seem to get alot of credit for his achievements on Pokerstars so it would be great to see him finish in the top three in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Best of luck to BigMickG. As a regular reader of his blog he doesn't seem to get alot of credit for his achievements on Pokerstars so it would be great to see him finish in the top three in this.

Met Mick a few times very nice decent fella but hes been a rake back player there for a long time hardly awe inspiring stuff now.

Now to put in the volume he does in tough stts means he makes good money on bonueses and hitting supernova elite is great too but too get real

recognition off stars i think hes gotta ship this or some other live tourney and i hope he does good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I just spoke with Paul Marrow on the phone and he is absolutely delighted to be there and totally focused for the FT today. If you ask me there isn't a more worthy winner . Paul is a true gentleman in every sense of the word, he supports every festival in ireland and brings a lot of fun to the table. It would be great to see the last 4 of Paul, Padraig, Cat and Big Mick. All worthy winners and very nice people in and outside of poker .
    Goodluck to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrReaperMan

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Met Mick a few times very nice decent fella but hes been a rake back player there for a long time hardly awe inspiring stuff now.

I admire his focus, bankroll management and discipline.

To be consistently grinding and making a decent income from it is quite admirable especially in the current climate.

Also it has given him the platform to play the IPC and hopefully he can reap the rewards today.

Maybe Isildur playing the biggest games and doing so well in them (for a short period) is more exciting but personally I have more respect for BigMickG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

Best of luck to Cat and BigMickG. Played with Cat on Friday, she ran QQ into AA in a 3bet pot to leave her with a pretty short stack (10-15bb I think) at that stage so great play to come back and final table this. Hopefully one of them can take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

what time doe's the FT start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

A pleasing FT as I'd quite like to see several of the players on this take it down. (including Paul Morrow) Well done to Dom and Nicky for their cashes. UL but It's still a couple of K for christmas.

BIGmickgs pokerstars achievements are nothing to be scoffed at, there are many ways to skin a cat, his way though requires dicipline and dedication, traits that should be admired in any person in any walk of life and will help you be successful. It's not really that cool to be a total degen imo.

YULETIRED wrote: »
    BIGmickgs pokerstars achievements are nothing to be scoffed at, there are many ways to skin a cat, his way though requires dicipline and dedication, traits that should be admired in any person in any walk of life and will help you be successful. It's not really that cool to be a total degen imo.

I'm pretty sure sickpuppy wasn't scoffing at BIGMICKG's record, but that isn't really relevant for the thread though I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

cheers zz, kings are my nemesis. the hand where Michael o Sullivan got knocked out with jacks the big blind from london had aces, i raised in early position to 15k with ak, tanked and folded even though i'd only 30k behind. kk on the flop - waah somebody call the wambulance.

Advertisement