Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC Updates anybody?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,290 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I think that this Vincent Cosgrove guy has to win it, he travels through and lives not too far from Claregalway. I mean he is the only one still left in from anywhere near the Irish Poker Luckbox Capital.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure sickpuppy wasn't scoffing at BIGMICKG's record, but that isn't really relevant for the thread though I guess.
    Defo not scoffing at him at all id love a quarter of his work ethic and hes the only peep ive spoken to on final table a few times and wish him the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thebullets

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I think that this Vincent Cosgrove guy has to win it, he travels through and lives not too far from Claregalway. I mean he is the only one still left in from anywhere near the Irish Poker Luckbox Capital.:D

Well him and Padraig. Anyone from Galway wil tell you that he is their adopted son. Something that cant be said of the Parisians!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

Good luck to eveyone, esp Paul Dooley.

Sole Survivor winner IWF 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

Cheers everyone. 1 time! and all that jazz. Keep the IPC in Ireland hopefully :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

Final Table is running. westlife is on the mic for hand commentary. should be fun.

mickg 3 bets Paul Dooley who folds 88 face up.

seat draw is:

1 Michael Graydon
    2 Cat O Neill
    3 Michael McFadgen
    4 Ben Lefew
    5 Padraig Parkinson
    6 Vincent Cosgrove
    7 Paul Marrow
    8 Trevor Bulless
    9 Paul Dooley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

what are the blinds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

I would lover to see Big Mick win this and put one over on all yeh sit & go bashers

Trevor Bulless open shoves and gets called by Cat. Kc 9c for trevor. As Ks for Cat. Best hand wins on a board of 9s Ac Kd Ts 8c. Trevor finishes 9th for €9000.

• Advertisement

what are the blinds?

8000/16000/1500

mickg is extremely active. he's pfr about 50% and taking them down uncontested.

Cat reraises Paul on a flop of K 6 9. Paul folds QQ face up and Cat generously reveals bottom set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Great stuff with the updates toHex. Much appreciated.

in an unusual turn of events Paul Marrow a) gets it in with the best hand and b) loses. AQ < A7. Double up for Paul Dooley

will post chip counts in around 40mins but for the time being it looks like everyone is around the same with approximately a lump of chips and the exceptions being Vinnie Cosgrove shortstacked followed by Paul Dooley.

1st 16,750e (deal done 12,500) James Atkin – Lincoln – England

2nd 9,500e (9,000) Larry Ryan – Cashel -Tipperary

3rd 6,000e (8,000) Jason Herbert – Scunthorpe – England

4th 4,250e (7,000) Seamus Cahill – Killiney – Dublin

5th 3,500e Tom Moran – Claregalway – Galway*

6th 3,000e John Costello – Ballindine – Mayo

7th 2,500e Danny McHugh – Claremorris – Mayo

8th 2,000e Jervi Jeng – Fu Jin – China

9th 1,600e Joe Kennedy – Mullingar – West Meath

10th 1,300e Richie Trench – Claremorris – Mayo

11th 1,100e Tom Walsh – Tramore – Waterford

12th 1,000e Ivan Ivanov - Bulgaria

*drinks bottled water

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ta for the updates.

I played a lot of day 1 of the ME with that lad that won the side event. Nice lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

toHex wrote: »
    1st 16,750e (deal done 12,500) James Atkin – Lincoln – England

2nd 9,500e (9,000) Larry Ryan – Cashel -Tipperary

3rd 6,000e (8,000) Jason Herbert – Scunthorpe – England

4th 4,250e (7,000) Seamus Cahill – Killiney – Dublin

5th 3,500e Tom Moran – Claregalway – Galway*

6th 3,000e John Costello – Ballindine – Mayo

7th 2,500e Danny McHugh – Claremorris – Mayo

8th 2,000e Jervi Jeng – Fu Jin – China

9th 1,600e Joe Kennedy – Mullingar – West Meath

10th 1,300e Richie Trench – Claremorris – Mayo

11th 1,100e Tom Walsh – Tramore – Waterford

12th 1,000e Ivan Ivanov - Bulgaria

*drinks bottled water

A man on form...

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Met Mick a few times very nice decent fella but hes been a rake back player there for a long time hardly awe inspiring stuff now.

Now to put in the volume he does in tough stts means he makes good money on bonueses and hitting supernova elite is great too but too get real

recognition off stars i think hes gotta ship this or some other live tourney and i hope he does good luck.

Wow Mick I'm suprised at your take on BigMick as a "Rakeback player"

I think you seriously underestimate the skill level required to play the levels and volume required to achieve supernova elite.

I'm certain that by playing reduced volume he would show a crushing ROI but ultimately, a smaller bonus inclusive hourly rate.

I do agree with the requirements for Pokerstars recognition but BigMicks poker achievements to date are evidence enough of a serious and rare talent imho.

• Advertisement

just lost Cat. details to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

crap

Michael Graydon 630,000
    Michael McFadgen 788,000
    Ben Lefew 1,590,000
    Padraig Parkinson 534,000
    Vincent Cosgrove 157,000
    Paul Marrow 1,190,000
    Paul Dooley 240,000

O'Neill raises under the gun and is called Lefew in middle position. She leads the 8♥ 4♠ Q♣ flop for 70,000 and is raised to 150,000. She calls and insta shoves the J♠ turn. Lefew doesn't hesitate in calling with a set of 8's and O'Neill ships the rest of her stack to Lefew, who's now well stacked.

*thanks to rick from stars

btw Cat had AQ

Vinnie Cosgrove could hang on no more. Mick takes a stab at his blind and Vinnie shortstack shoves. Ad 5d for Mick and 7 5 for Vinnie. Ace and five on the flop.

Spoke to Mick at the break and he was bemoaning his seatdraw with McFadgen and Lefew acting after him but as he said himself you have to beat them all if you want to win.

Also spoke to Marrow, he was hoping to wrap the tournament up before 4.30 and maybe catch an early flight. I warned him about the Ryanair baggage limits. How much does a suitcase full of money weigh?

mick opens for 55k, mcfadgen raises to 140k, mick 4 bet shoves, mcfadgen folds with only a slight delay.

(see previous post)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Is it just me or has Padraig been quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr check raise

smurph wrote: »
    Is it just me or has Padraig been quiet

Hes up at the bar ordering drinks:p

very quiet for padraig. he open shoved recently to take an uncontested pot and thats about it really. hes on around 400k+

• Advertisement

Paul Dooley finishes in 6th. He openshoves 198k from the cutoff and mickg calls from the button. The 3 2 7 7 3 board looked good for micks 10 10 against Paul's K 9. €17,000 for Paul.

Advertisement