Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPC Updates anybody?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭toHex

Paul was very emotional about Padraig winning and made a great speech at the end (after he sang In the Ghetto for Nicky Power)

That's it then from me. I'm off to the bar and Parky's buying! bye all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

great win for one of the funniest lads and best best characters on the poker scene, and great to see them give a good chunk to charity too

also thanks for the updates tohex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Donating that big chunk to such a worthy charity is such a classy and laudable gesture! Fair play to the both of them!

Well done Padraig and congrats to Paul, Mick and Cat as well!

was just talking to Paul Marrow there and he said he'd do a well on boards no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Paul a worthy runner up... Delighted Padraig won... Great result!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Well done to Padraig, who needs a good nights sleep and a diet of fruit and water, 48 hours straight no sleep and approximately 150 pints of guinness is the new winning strategy (and maybe an excellent poker mind and relentless aggression).

Well done to Cat very impressive rookie year things in the taylor household must be getting tense.

Well done to mick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Well done to Cat very impressive nookie year things in the taylor household must be getting tense.

:eek: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

PP = legend

P M = legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Well done, Parky. Hopefully that'll silence all the haters (for a while).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Deal done i believe, 93k each 7k tip and 7k for homeless charity(unbelievable gesture) well done to the two of them, you couldnt meet 2 nicer blokes

First off well done to any boardsies that cashed in this -a big congrats to Paul & Padraig, really like the good will gesture, tops!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

fatguy wrote: »
    Well done, Parky. Hopefully that'll silence all the haters (for a while).
    WTF? I am not aware of anybody that doesn't like Parky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thebullets

well done cous...

as per usual u got me out of some jam!!!

cant wait for the pints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

eagle eye wrote: »
    WTF? I am not aware of anybody that doesn't like Parky.
    I was referring to those who say he's not a poker player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

How could anyone hate PP....One of the soundest lads you'll ever meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

fatguy wrote: »
    I was referring to those who say he's not a poker player.

Well someone should tell Padraig that, because he has been playing the game the last 25 years or so:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Huge thank you for all the messages of support, both here & on facebook.

I was totally gutted about my exit hand tbh, really crappy table draw with 2 very impressive players to my left. I know he's raising that flop with air a lot knowing I'm c betting regardless, I guess my timing was off. Oh what could have been!

That said, I'm still only learning this game & feel I'm improving each & everytime I play so hopefully the only way is up.

Besides, when all is done & dusted, cashing for 11k should never been sniffed at, especially for this amateur. Looking forward to the next tourney now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Think you should change your your poker face Cat to

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What's your poker face? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D. . .
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well done, onwards and upwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

Well done Padraig,
    and fair play for thinking of Andy Black;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 illtellyoulater

Ha it amazes me sometimes how some people find themselves compelled to comment on every single post, of course the majority of the posts does not have any referance to them at all but of course they must question any person's opinion. If somebody has heard PP has haters so what he's entitled to say that and not be questioned by people who think they are Irish Poker royalty and know more than anybody else ha they would be better off focusing on their game than questioning every single comment made on every single thread that why they might actually turn a profit. There is people commentting on this thread with thousands of posts its amazing how such a high percentage is worthless meaningless bull#### this forum needs a complete revamp to get rid of the idiots, I hope you guys have an xmas AGM it might be a topic worth discussing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Ha it amazes me sometimes how some people find themselves compelled to comment on every single post, of course the majority of the posts does not have any referance to them at all but of course they must question any person's opinion. If somebody has heard PP has haters so what he's entitled to say that and not be questioned by people who think they are Irish Poker royalty and know more than anybody else ha they would be better off focusing on their game than questioning every single comment made on every single thread that why they might actually turn a profit. There is people commentting on this thread with thousands of posts its amazing how such a high percentage is worthless meaningless bull#### this forum needs a complete revamp to get rid of the idiots, I hope you guys have an xmas AGM it might be a topic worth discussing
    Welcome to Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

Is Padraig from Loughrea? I thought he was based in Paris

scart wrote: »

yes and yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thebullets

scart wrote: »

any odds from boyles on which city Padraig will be made a freeman of??!

Galway?!
    Dublin?!
    Paris?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

congrats to BigMickG deleighted for him well done he has a great blog to

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Delighted for Padraig and Paul. Two absolute gents. Congrats also to Mick and Cat and to all boardies who cashed.

On the lookout now for the Eglinton party:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

If it cant be me then i could not be happier than seeing 2 of my favourite people take down this event. It was amazing to see the 2 lads so emotional about the game and result. I love the fact that with these 2 guys its not about the money, but the comradery and the 'sport' of the event. Live players winning live tournies....it does not get any better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

only just catching up with this due to my hectic international business schedule of floggin bangers on the nordside but i would like to add my name to the PP haters. this is a serious point, there's something heartless in those eyes. as for the 'alledged' 'charity' 'involvement' what's the big deal about collecting a hundred grand for the latest fashionable dooda? stop any clown on the street and he'll have done the same. Only yesterday I personally gave ten grand cash to a fund for fallen 80's supermodels, you don't hear me blowing my own trumpet over it!

finally, nobody wins their own tournament, it's bad taste. Let me be the first on the Holy Internet to announce that there was undoubtedly massive collusion featuring 96% of the players and that the thing should have been named the Padraig 'the Heartless' Parkinson SuperUser Robbery! I have facts to back up this claim!

there, I've said it, somebody brave and handsome enough had to.
    there'll be no dealing with him now....

(also, who moves to france and doesn't learn french? the man's a freak. shun him.)

edit: congrats to the other fella too, another superuser due some hating no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Anyone have details of what will be happening next year for this tournie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

Anyone have details of what will be happening next year for this tournie?

1-Tom Kitt will be entertaining every morning from 3 - 6am

2-Keith McFadden will be thrown out

3-I will not be cashing

Advertisement