Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy passion fruit in Dublin?

Options
  • 11-12-2009 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey there!

I found some interesting passion fruit cake recipes and I'd really like to try them out.

However, seems like there are no passion fruits in Dub (imagine my disappointment!)... I was even looking at almost every Asian/Oriental store in Dublin city centre, trying to find canned passion fruit pulp and couldn't find any...

Any idea where I can find either fresh passion fruit or canned pulp?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

These places should have them, fresh ones not canned

Marks and Spencers
    Fallon and Byrne
    Superquinn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

tesco usually sells fresh passion fruit also

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭flefla

dunno what part of Dublin your in but I've picked up fresh passion fruit in Tesco in Dundrum and Dunnes at the Beacon and in Ballyogan before. Most recent was at the Beacon about 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Take a trip down to the main fruit market, you can usually get any fruit or veg not available in your local shop or supermarket, dont worry about the wholesale side of the market, if you have the money you will get what you want. It can be very interesting experience also, just to see what fruit and veg is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Fallon and Byrnes on Wicklow st also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 eeme

Do you other passionfruit lovers eat the seeds?!
    I just scoop the whole insides whole, but wondering do people actually chew the seeds?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dunnes, Tescos, Lidls and Aldis all sell passion Fruit. Yeah you do eat the seeds!

Advertisement