Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom router max allowed speed

• 12-12-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

hi folks i am currently getting eircom 7mb broadband, but when i go to my netopia router statistics - dsl - the max allowed speed is showing as being 1024kbps downstream, does this prevent me from getting the max speed from by broadband connection. i dont seem to be able to change these settings and my broadband seems very slow have been on to eircom and we have an up to 12mb line so am sure it should be way faster then it currently is......any advice greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

hi folks i am currently getting eircom 7mb broadband, but when i go to my netopia router statistics - dsl - the max allowed speed is showing as being 1024kbps downstream, does this prevent me from getting the max speed from by broadband connection. i dont seem to be able to change these settings and my broadband seems very slow have been on to eircom and we have an up to 12mb line so am sure it should be way faster then it currently is......any advice greatly appreciated..

If you have 7MB then you a need that Router that is ADSL2+ which i am sure the Netopia router is. It sounds like you are still on a 1MB connection and not 7MB.

Can you get your line stats of the Router and post them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭gareth12121

DSL
    Available eircom broadband
    Connected User Name
    eircom@eircom.net
    IP Address
    83.71.27.xxx
    IP Gateway
    Primary DNS Server
    resolver1.opendns.com

Secondary DNS Server
    resolver2.opendns.com

Speed[/fo
    1024/384 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    63/31 dB

heres the connection info

i was on 3mb package and have upgraded to 7mb but getting a bit sick of the slow connection and speeds

Speed[/fo
    1024/384 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    63/31 dB
    heres the connection info

Ok you are still on a 1MB package, 1024/384 and also sorry to tell you but with that Line Attenuation of 61/31db you have no hope of getting 7MB you are too far from Eircom exchange to get that speed so if i was you i would call Eircom and cancel the 7MB package and get a refund ASAP.

your joking me have been paying for 3mb package for the last 8 or 9 months what kinda gangsters are eircom asked could we upgrade to 7mb they did the line test at their end oh yes no problem sir am really pissed off now

• Advertisement

your joking me have been paying for 3mb package for the last 8 or 9 months what kinda gangsters are eircom asked could we upgrade to 7mb they did the line test at their end oh yes no problem sir am really pissed off now

If it was me i would write a letter of complaint to comreg, its only the way you will get a full refund for a service you have not had but paid for. I assume you spoke to Eircom technical department about your speed issues, so they will have everything logged.

yes have been onto them a few times about the speed, am not very technical but knew was paying for 3mb and shold have been getting a far quicker speed then i was, will def be going further would the best thing to do be to ring comreg and explain the situation and go from there or get onto eircom and ask what the hell they are doing charging for a product they are not providing

yes have been onto them a few times about the speed, am not very technical but knew was paying for 3mb and shold have been getting a far quicker speed then i was, will def be going further would the best thing to do be to ring comreg and explain the situation and go from there or get onto eircom and ask what the hell they are doing charging for a product they are not providing

I would ring Eircom in the moring and ask them again why your Router is only synching at 1MB and not 7MB you upgraded too. After i would then ring comreg but i think they will tell you write them a registered letter in complaint about the lack of service you have received from Eircom. Also if you are speaking to Eircom technical department make sure they give you a reference for the call or at least ask them because Comreg will need that once they contact Eircom on your behalf with the complaint. I wouldn't cancel the service until you get full refund either.

After that if you want a quicker broadband connection i think UPC might be your best bet because of your Line Attentuation being so high.

Good luck.

thanks a million for the advice will get onto them asap tomorrow

Advertisement