Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING: Burglars on the rounds (Bray)

• 12-12-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Just a caution to anyone in Bray there is a group on the rounds at the minute. They are unphased by security lights etc and by your presence in the house. Big group about 9 in total. Aged 16 to 20. Usual suspects. Going for cash and gold.

ironclaw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Any particular areas they're targetting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Southern Cross Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

There are other areas being hit. Be vigilant-for you AND your neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭boggerboy

All, as far as I know it is no particular area, though there have been a few in little bray recently - as poster said, not phased by your presence, i know of one incident where an old lady walked in to her kitchen at 6PM and there were two young lads standing there..

about 1 week later, two young lads went into a house via the FRONT WINDOW after throwing something through it on the lower dargle road,which is quite busy, at 8.30pm

be very vigilant

boggerboy wrote: »
    All, as far as I know it is no particular area, though there have been a few in little bray recently - as poster said, not phased by your presence, i know of one incident where an old lady walked in to her kitchen at 6PM and there were two young lads standing there..

about 1 week later, two young lads went into a house via the FRONT WINDOW after throwing something through it on the lower dargle road,which is quite busy, at 8.30pm

be very vigilant

+1

They're out and about around 7 / 8 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Yep, the Ardmore area was hit a while ago as well. They got stopped and simply came back the following week!!
    The big thing this year is the 'cash for gold'. They will take your gold and cash it in!!
    I think it would be worth buying something cheap and leaving it out with a few notes in cash in the hope they will find that and leave!
    Its terrible you have to leave your house thinking where to hide things and hoping you wont be a target!!
    Little b*****ds!

FluffyCat wrote: »
    The big thing this year is the 'cash for gold'. They will take your gold and cash it in!!

Yeap, that's exactly what they are after. If I see one of those stalls in another shopping center I'll personally make them eat every carat of it.... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

they have been on the rounds for months folks our house was done in Kilcoole early in march, same thing houses being watched, we have a vicious dog they waited till we had taken him out for a walk and took just gold, cash and my laptop. eventually got the laptop back after it was found in Wexford in a graveyard ,,,someone "walking there dog" found it and handed it into gorey station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

t eventually got the laptop back after it was found in Wexford in a graveyard ,,,someone "walking there dog" found it and handed it into gorey station.

Well if it wasnt for someone
    "walking there dog"
    you would never of got your laptop back.Honest people walk dogs FYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

actually the area's are the estates between Killarneny Rd and Herbert Rd,once the hours of darkness fall , houses in darkness with no alarms are providing oppurtunitys for crime,especially early evening before people get home from work
    Please ensure that if you have an alarm ,use it please
    Check windows/doors are locked and secure
    check car alarm is activated and there is no items of value in it such as MP3 or GPS device.
    If you have elderly neighbours keep an on them, call into them,if vulnerable let them now about a free support service

Please report all suspicous activity in your area, don't leave it to others and don't think that your call is not important,the public are the eyes and ears of your local Police
    Gardai have extra patrols all cross the Bray district at the moment.
    Survey your house for security

Contact your local Community Garda for further info

• Advertisement

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Well if it wasnt for someone you would never of got your laptop back.Honest people walk dogs FYI

Honest people walk there dog in a graveyard... :rolleyes:

The quicker this new household defense bill comes in the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

vasch_ro wrote: »
    actually the area's are the estates between Killarneny Rd and Herbert Rd ...
    Hmmm, that includes me :mad: I'll make sure to keep an eye out.

Maybe a leafletting excercise might be helpful in the affacted areas .. could the people who distribute the Wicklow Times, say, be of use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

I have been in touch with Neighbourhood Watch in the estates that have them and I am considering leaflets at mass this Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

ironclaw wrote: »
    Honest people walk there dog in a graveyard... :rolleyes:

The quicker this new household defense bill comes in the better.
    yes your right,silly me. dishonest people walk their dogs in the graveyards thats why he got his laptop handed into the gards by a DOG WALKER:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

My mums car was targeted a week ago (Killarney Park)... now it's her own fault that she left the car unlocked in our driveway. They took out a suitcase that she uses to bring equipment to work in, everything was all over the grass in the garden, everything in the car was moved and thrown around... the only thing they took was the spare change that she leaves in the car for parking - €5 max!

Oddly our dogs didn't bark - they have us up every night barking at next doors caton the back wall but this was right by their beds in the kitchen so we're shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

boggerboy wrote: »
    All, as far as I know it is no particular area, though there have been a few in little bray recently - as poster said, not phased by your presence,

I know there have been burglaries in Fassaroe/Palermo over the past few weeks. Same story, in and out as quick as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Bukman13 wrote: »
    I know there have been burglaries in Fassaroe/Palermo over the past few weeks. Same story, in and out as quick as possible.

Really? I live in this area and we were just saying how lucky we have been lately that there has been none that we have heard of. My next door neighbours were robbed a few months back but nothing recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

foxy06 wrote: »
    Really? I live in this area and we were just saying how lucky we have been lately that there has been none that we have heard of. My next door neighbours were robbed a few months back but nothing recently.

Yep... About two weeks ago there were a few houses done on consecutive days. Not entirely sure which part of Fassaroe/Palermo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭AMIIAM

There have been at least 2 burglaries that I am aware of in Connolly Sq in Bray, also an incident of daylight theft in Fairyhill. I recently observed an old, black Honda Civic being driven in a suspicious manner in Connolly Square at the same time as the latest robbery occured in same square. (13th December. I estimate the time as 6-45pm). This car has VERY HEAVILY TINTED WINDSCREEN, also VERY HEAVILY TINTED front side windows. The reason that I suspect driving suspiciously, is that I could have been personally inadvertently passing the house at the same time as the robber's making their escape in the afore-mentioned car! I was walking at a fairly leisurely pace, ( I am no spring chicken), BUT this car would not pass me until I had reched the junction of Purcell Sq. and Main St. At the time I did think this was peculiar driving, but next day I heard of the previous nights robbery. After some considerable thought I realised the occupants of the car must have feared that I was aware of what happened, and did their damndest to ensure that did not get a chance to read their number plate!! I am truly sorry now that I did not even think of recording this very important detail. Hoping this may enhance on other peoples perceptions of the flushing out of ths SCUM terrorising the othewise lawabiding citizens of Bray. ( A Cent to the first person who knows wher Purcell Sq is in Bray!!! Even some garda unaware)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

AMIIAM wrote: »
    There have been at least 2 burglaries that I am aware of in Connolly Sq in Bray, also an incident of daylight theft in Fairyhill. I recently observed an old, black Honda Civic being driven in a suspicious manner in Connolly Square at the same time as the latest robbery occured in same square. (13th December. I estimate the time as 6-45pm). This car has VERY HEAVILY TINTED WINDSCREEN, also VERY HEAVILY TINTED front side windows. The reason that I suspect driving suspiciously, is that I could have been personally inadvertently passing the house at the same time as the robber's making their escape in the afore-mentioned car! I was walking at a fairly leisurely pace, ( I am no spring chicken), BUT this car would not pass me until I had reched the junction of Purcell Sq. and Main St. At the time I did think this was peculiar driving, but next day I heard of the previous nights robbery. After some considerable thought I realised the occupants of the car must have feared that I was aware of what happened, and did their damndest to ensure that did not get a chance to read their number plate!! I am truly sorry now that I did not even think of recording this very important detail. Hoping this may enhance on other peoples perceptions of the flushing out of ths SCUM terrorising the othewise lawabiding citizens of Bray. ( A Cent to the first person who knows wher Purcell Sq is in Bray!!! Even some garda unaware)

good question - where is Purcell Sq? I had to look for it in June but couldn't find it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

3 guesses from me:

A. the square behind Central Garage
    B. the square behind the next turn up from that (opposite McDonalds), or
    C. I think there is a square off Parnell Road ddisguised as a small laneway, so

for my final answer I'll go with C Chris-off Parnell Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭AMIIAM

Correct answer is A.

Advertisement