Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspiring Display of Defiance at the Fountain

Options
  • 12-12-2009 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭

Discuss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Saw this earlier, it's fantastic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

on Thursdays echo it said he got 3 months jail for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

That's a disgrace. There are people mugging and raping and stealing and they get less time than that, if any at all. Saw the original version of it, and the crowd are really egging him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Looks like a drunken moron. If that's 'inspiring' then the human race really has lost it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

what exactly is inspiring about this?
    It's not inspiring it's not anything really, it's a guy dancing on a fountain, getting Jail for this is lunacy though on the side of the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Inspiring Display of Defiance...against what exactly?

Keeping a few Gardai and firemen occupied while some family elsewhere burns to death or more heroin enters Cork city undetected!

The Gardai need to be given every non-lethal armament there is. I'd like to see this plonker getting hit with a few tasers or plastic bullets. Your in a democracy so you are entitled to peaceful protest but if the Gardai and Fire brigade are busy dealing with some clown on top of a fountain then they can't be doing their real work.

I have relatives in the fire brigade and the Gardai and the bull**** they have to put up with is a disgrace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

what exactly is he defying?
    a1 idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I'd say he got a few slaps once he was in that van, hopefully anyway. idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Moron. It seems he will have plenty of time to think about it in the slammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Legend!!

He couldn't have been that drunk i can tell you.. tisn't an easy climb.. the first ledge is particularly tricky;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Non-lethal armaments don't even come into this IMO. They were obviously there to try and make sure that he didn't fall, if he got hit with a taser he'd have had an awful fall. Personally, the idea of Gardaí with anything more lethal than a pen worries me, they're not exactly known for their common sense and decency. I don't see why there were so many gardaí there in the first place, let alone the fire brigade.

He's just acting the maggot, langers drunk. I think he should of been taken down, given a night in the cells and get a fine in court. Not jail anyway ffs, he's done absolutely no harm to anyone and only endangered himself. Who was the judge?
    Keeping a few Gardai and firemen occupied while some family elsewhere burns to death or more heroin enters Cork city undetected!
    Please tell me that's a joke? It reads like some mental Daily Mail madness, won't somebody think of the children!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

How is a drunken idiot on a fountain 'inspiring'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

DamienH wrote: »

Please tell me that's a joke? It reads like some mental Daily Mail madness, won't somebody think of the children!!!!

+1... he harmed nobody ffs!! Just entertained a few people for a few minutes that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

*yawn, thought it was boring until 2.16 when that fella took the hopper down the fountain:D that one had to hurt!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

2040 wrote: »

Discuss.

Why in the name of **** did that require a (nearly) 4 minute video.

What a dickhead, he deserves the jail time for wasting the fire brigades time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

The Gardai need to be given every non-lethal armament there is. I'd like to see this plonker getting hit with a few tasers or plastic bullets. Your in a democracy so you are entitled to peaceful protest but if the Gardai and Fire brigade are busy dealing with some clown on top of a fountain then they can't be doing their real work.

The Gardaí do not need tazers or rubber bullets.

1) Tazer or rubber bullet is used on him.

2)He slips and falls.

3)Mangles his head.

4)Is now paralysed or handicapped (treatment paid for by the taxpayer).

5)Family sue the government/gardaí (legal fees paid for by the taxpayer)

6)They get a settlement for a few million (paid for by the tax payers).

7)The gardaí involved never get promoted, ever.

8)The guy spends the rest of life as a vegetable/furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

What about the couple of hundred idiots cheering him on?
    Sure if nobody was egging him on I'm sure he would have come down on his own accord.

Some drunk dude standing on a fountain - Inspiring? No wonder the countries shagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

3 Months inside not half enough for an idiot like that. Wasting CCFBs and Garda time, a year minimum plus a nice fine. Hit him where it really hurts, the pocket.
    If that was definance well it shows how screwed this country is.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Not very inspiring in my humble opinion,
    He was foolish enough to climb a wet surface and expose himself to the elements for 40 minutes while yet more drunken idiots applauded his ability to wash himself for all to see, He could have slipped and done serious damage to himself or others standing near the fountain.Yet and all he decided to waste the Guards and fire services time by entertaining his followers.

We can all have a joke but your man here just went overboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

DamienH wrote: »

I couldn't give a toss if someone dances on top of a fountain for 10 hours or dances through the streets naked but once the emergency services are involved then it crosses a line. Some of us prefer to have these people doing their real jobs and not tied up providing entertainment for a few drunks.

Some people will always lack the intelligence to see the bigger picture and do not understand that incidents like these involving the emergency services do have knock on effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

The dumb fuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Surprise surprise a facbook page has been set up for him :rolleyes:

http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/FREE-THE-FOUNTAIN-1/357468465093?ref=nf

"free the fountain 1" What a load of bull****.

They guy wasted the time of numerous Gardaí and fire officers and deserves to be in jail for the minimum sentence he recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I couldn't give a toss if someone dances on top of a fountain for 10 hours or dances through the streets naked but once the emergency services are involved then it crosses a line. Some of us prefer to have these people doing their real jobs and not tied up providing entertainment for a few drunks.

Some people will always lack the intelligence to see the bigger picture and do not understand that incidents like these involving the emergency services do have knock on effects.

Point taken. I was just saying that it's highly unlikely that the fire bridgade will 'rescue' a guy from the fountain before they go to help a family being burned out of their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Is it just me or were there far more firemen/gards than were actually needed? I laughed anyway, I love the way people talk as if they haven't ever been stupid or beligerent under the influence.

Kold wrote: »
    Is it just me or were there far more firemen/gards than were actually needed? I laughed anyway, I love the way people talk as if they haven't ever been stupid or beligerent under the influence.

That stupid? On behalf of the posters of this forum and myself, I can categorically say no to that statement above.

Thanks for your input, though.

That stupid? On behalf of the posters of this forum and myself, I can categorically say no to that statement above.

Thanks for your input, though.
    I'm glad the posters of this forum have elected you as spokesman.

Ireland's answer is some pissed up spastic on a fountain, mooning the crowd.

Mad.

I do believe that the title of the thread was somewhat 'tongue in cheek'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

fair enough this guy wasted garda time.... but who the hell decided to send so many gardai and firemen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Man, some people would do anything for a Hillbillies' Breast in a Bun ;-)

Advertisement