Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent/Licensee agreement

Options
  • 12-12-2009 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Can anyone point me to a sample document please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

this any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭sbkenn

Unfortunately not. Like the originator of that post, I am a lodger, not a tenant.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

sbkenn wrote: »
    Unfortunately not. Like the originator of that post, I am a lodger, not a tenant.

S.
    In that case, you can have what's known as a Licence Agreement. This can cover:

duration of the licence/letting
    minimum period of notice
    amount of rent, when to be paid, when /if it should be reviewed
    visitors- allowed or not, overnight or not
    noise levels allowed
    any additional services? meals? laundry?
    where/who keeps records/receipts of any rent/household purchases eg cleaning stuff
    Ground Rules: landlord may not enter licencees room (except I presume in cases of emergency - water leaks etc)
    rules regarding wear & tear beyond what would be normal
    access to other areas of house-kitchen/living room
    smoking/non-smoking
    use of faciities eg washing machine
    keys - who has them? who is allowed have them? do you get a key to your own room?
    any other issues.................suggeestions welcome!

You can use the link in a previous post to base the agreement on, or you can just write it out in plain English.

Advertisement