Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleek Hair

• 12-12-2009 4:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

My hair isn't exactly fuzzy. I just wash, blowdry and straighten, like everyone else, but after about an hour or so it just looks unbrushed and loose and all over the place. its long enough, below the shoulders.

Is there a product that can make it sleek all day with out making it look greasy? Not looking for a hair gel as I find they just turn the hair rock hard.

Any suggestions? Not too costly either... On a budget :rolleyes: nothing new there...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 GlitterFairy

I think a hair serum is the way to go. Not to costly - prob about 6 euro for a John Freida one in boots.
    Pump one or two squirts into your palm, rub your hands together, and run through the ends of your hair. You really only need it from about your ears down, otherwise it could make your roots look greasy.
    Leaves your locks frizz free and nice and silky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

hate that, I had the same problem for years and I got a GHD for xmas last year and it has never happened since, even tho the straightener I had before it was supposed to be 230 degree it just wasn't working, my hair would puff up, go messy like and start to go wavy around the roots within 2 hours so my probs lay with the straightener.

Never any problems anymore I use the GHD and citré shine products (they don't make my hair go greasy), stays straight now until the next wash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

A serum definitely helps - a tiny amount smoothed over the ends. Otherwise, another trick is to spray a small amount of hairspray (I find ellnett the best) on your hairbrush and run that over your hair when you've finished styling it - tames the little flyaway hairs and helps hold everything in place

Advertisement