Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Man Utd match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

OPENROAD wrote: »
    And very little made of the Rooney dive, will watch the premiership on rte tonight to see if they mention it

He dived, he got booked. Big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Get in!!

You can't loose 4 games in the first half of the season and have any hope of winning of the league.
    Or in City's case, lose one and still finish outside the top four.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm so happy I think I might just get really drunk.

I never expect anything against Utd that was just super, MON gets the best out of his players that you can't deny. Now we just need to get some consistency and beat the lower table teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Commentator saying that O'Neill has maybe shown other managers how to go to OT and get something, attack and don't park the bus. If only Rafa had worked that out last season, we'd have beat them 4-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    dignity lol.. at least we will finish in the top 4:)

There is that dignity again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Quandary wrote: »
    LOL at all the pool fans cheering a nail in their coffin :rolleyes:

Jeez, and here was me thinking there was more than half the season to go and Liverpool were 5 points behind them with a game in hand. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Am I the only one who understands jesus_thats_gre's "can't lose X matches and win the league" comment?

*sigh*

Villain wrote: »
    I'm so happy I think I might just get really drunk.

I'm not happy, but I'll still be getting drunk!

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Shocking is'nt it. Must be the rotation,:D

Complete lack of respect of the opposition tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Have to hand it to Villa, defended superbly. United were bereft of ideas. I wouldnt have brought Owen on, far too one dimensional for a game like that. Obertan on the wing would have been my choice.
    might be the start of the inevitable slide for United.

How many times has that been said down the years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

PHB wrote: »
    Indeed. Now you can lose 3 and win the league. But if you lose 4, you've no hope of winning the league.

High level of logic there.

About as much logic used in that as there as in the similar comments you made when liverpool lost their fourth. So were you wrong then or wrong now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

spockety wrote: »
    Am I the only one who understands jesus_thats_gre's "can't lose X matches and win the league" comment?

*sigh*

most people here are United fans, these things tend to fly over heads, I wouldn't worry about it...

Commentator saying that O'Neill has maybe shown other managers how to go to OT and get something, attack and don't park the bus. If only Rafa had worked that out last season, we'd have beat them 4-1.

Even funnier considering that Villa's second half performance was the definition of bus parking. lol professional soccer pundits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Jeez, and here was me thinking there was more than half the season to go and Liverpool were 5 points behind them with a game in hand. :rolleyes:

Liverpool are 10 points behind Utd

PHB wrote: »
    Indeed. Now you can lose 3 and win the league. But if you lose 4, you've no hope of winning the league.

High level of logic there.

If you really think that I believe something as retarded as that then you haven't read many of my posts.

Just repeating some of the ****é that was shoveled in Liverpool fans direction by United fans in recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

That-Is-Excellent-MrBurns.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

poor poor performance from Utd really, no real positives to take from the game :(

fair play Villa - defended V well + will take a lot of confidence from this game

most people here are United fans, these things tend to fly over heads, I wouldn't worry about it...

Yes, were all dumb as f*ck.

Yeah....and Chelsea have lost 3 :confused: So City should be favourites for the league so since they've only lost 1??

It's retarded, isn't it!

Yeah....and Chelsea have lost 3 :confused: So City should be favourites for the league so since they've only lost 1??

city have also drawn 8 games

• Advertisement

LOL at all the pool fans cheering a nail in their coffin :rolleyes:
    Breaking news. Season ends in May this year.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Yes, were all dumb as f*ck.

you said it not me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Fair play to Villa, they defended very well, though having said that, we let them do so. Launching long balls at Richard Dunne is never going to be effective. United were very poor in the 2nd half, too many bad passes and nowhere near enough invention.

If Villa do finish in the top 4 at the expense of Liverpool no doubt this thread will have to be bumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Richard Dunne = Signing of the season so far imo

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Liverpool are 10 points behind Utd

Aye, so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this thread going to end in bannings and a padlock?

All todays result proved is that this season is what we all know it to be - the most open in years. No team has a God given right to 3 points. The winning side will have fewer points that for many moons (again this we already know) and will have suffered more losses than we have been used to.

Breaking news. Season ends in May this year.:rolleyes:

Note i said A nail not the final nail ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

It's retarded, isn't it!

Yep....worthy of a Dunphy quote :pac:

Complete lack of respect of the opposition tbh.
    Could be lack of squad depth..or zonal marking :cool:

• Advertisement

Aye, so?

prob jus misinterprated you and thought you were saying they were 5 points behind utd rather than villa

Really wish that Rafa would have picked him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Aye, so?

well you need to win a few games to go anywhere. they are not. :D

This man speaks the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

If you really think that I believe something as retarded as that then you haven't read many of my posts.

Just repeating some of the ****é that was shoveled in Liverpool fans direction by United fans in recent weeks.

Its not such a huge jump when you come out with stuff like this... re:Liverpool v United.
    I think the point he might be trying to make can be summed up like this.

Compare the odds of tomorrow's match in isolation against the probability of one of the big 4 losing 5 games in a row.

I haven't worked out the maths but I reckon the odds of a 5th defeat in a row is quite low

Ah well, we might as well pack it in now. It's nearly Christmas & we're a massive 3 points off the league leaders. There's no coming back from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You got to love this place. About 24-48 hours ago or so we had some Liverpool fans complaining about some United fans coming on to the Liverpool thread and making challenging remarks about their team. Now United have lost we have Liverpool fans falling over themselves to clamber into the United/Villa thread to get jibes in on United fans. Hysterical stuff.

Anyways a disappointing result but not the end of the world. I hope we won't have United fans talking about a crisis because we lost a game. We are still within touching distance which is the main thing. Congratulations to Villa who defended very well and deserved the win.

Really wish that Rafa would have picked him up.

He'd have been better off trying to sign him. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He dived, he got booked. Big deal.

Well actually it is if we want to cut this out of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol at all the Pool fans in this thread.

I hope we won't have United fans talking about a crisis because we lost a game.

I'm starting a "Are United & Ferguson Finished?" thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

You got to love this place. About 24-48 hours ago or so we had some Liverpool fans complaining about some United fans coming on to the Liverpool thread and making challenging remarks about their team. Now United have lost we have Liverpool fans falling over themselves to clamber into the United/Villa thread to get jibes in on United fans. Hysterical stuff.

Anyways a disappointing result but not the end of the world. I hope we won't have United fans talking about a crisis because we lost a game. We are still within touching distance which is the main thing. Congratulations to Villa who defended very well and deserved the win.

Though I agree with your point to an extent, this is a match thread, not a team superthread.

lol at all the United fans lol'ing at all the Liverpool fans in this thread lol'ing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The fact you got thanks for this post makes it ten times worse.

Well done Villa. Took the chance well. I thought the ref could have played more additional time, but also gave alot of 50-50 and dodgey decisions Uniteds way in the last 20mins.

Valencia was awful for United. All this talk about Dunne, it was his spanish partner in the centre of defence that should have got MOTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Well in Villa!

Disgraceful refereeing at the swamp as per usual but luckily it didn't make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Well played Villa. Utd have been poor of late and have been lucky to get their recent results. Villa put them to the sword today, no mistakes. A well deserved 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted for all the Villa fans, just got a call from my brother(a villa fan) who is over the moon. Its great to break a long non-winning streak like that.

On the game, Villa played well for 70 minutes. Their midfield played very well, Downing's passing is a huge addition to their game. The last twenty was pretty much all United though and they could have easily snatched a draw. I think for that save from Berbatov I'd nearly give the MoM to Friedel, but Dunne was superb also as were the rest of the Villa defense.

For United, they had too many passengers today, Wes Brown and Darren Fletcher had poor games, Park wasn't at the races, Carrick was not that good either.

But anybody says that Villa didn't park the bus must be joking, they did it for the last 20 minutes and it nearly cost them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

OMG WHY DID ALEX FERGUSON SIGN OWEN HARGREAVES WITH THE INJURY RECORD HE HAS AND HES BEEN INJURED ALL SEASON SURELY THIS IS THE SIGN OF A MANAGER THAT IS LOSING IT.

annoying isnt it ?

Note i said A nail not the final nail ;)

Talk of nails and coffins in December is pretty silly tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

unbelievable defending from Villa, and for that alone they deserved something. not to be disrespectful, but it was reminiscent of Wolves away to Spurs earlier in the day.

awesome stuff.

utd played very well until the final third; extremely well at times. they compressed the game wonderfully into villa's half, winning the ball high up the pitch on numerous occasions in the second half. they just did very little.

valencia and park were awful from wide areas though, and Rooney ended up trying to do everyone's job for them.

it was just an oddly subdued performance up top; quite unexpected.

but well played villa. dunne in particular was incredible.

Fergie is a lot more calm than i expected! I guess he's sick of sitting in the stands :D

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement