Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Man Utd match thread

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

eagle eye wrote: »
    So you prefer that this thread becomes a slinging mudfest than actually discussing the match?

The thread will become what people make it into. If you want to steer the discussion in a certain direction then make a post on the topic that interests you. The last thing I want it to become is a constant stream of zero content whining.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Just because you tell yourself this to make you feel better about your teams embarrassing plight, doesn't make it true.;)

Isn't hyperbole fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Oh come on. You cant actually believe any of that absolute bull**** you just posted. I mean, you really think Villa didnt mind United having all of the possession at home and Villa defending the slimmest of leads?

And United werent "dire" by any stretch today. It was really just a final ball that was missing and some poor finishing, which happens on occasions.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You generally post some good stuff but the above is pure and utter tripe.
    PHB wrote: »
    Great result for Villa, big chance of taking 4th.

---

Awful performance from United. Just awful. No urgency, no magic, no ability to breakdown a resolute defence. We dominated the game, had so so so so much possession and territoriy, but couldn't do much.
    Starting with Giggs was a bad mistake. Park offered little to nothing. Valencia had his worst game in quite some time, probably ever for United. Carrick was average, Anderson was awful. Gibson did okish when he came on but didn't offer anything much extra. Berbatov was actually ok, except he missed our one best chance. Owen I forgot that he came on.
    Rooney, some people will laud his performance, he never gave up, chased everything, etc. etc. It's not his job to win back possession in our half. It's not his job to drop in front of the back 4. He needs to learn some discipline. Him getting the ball back there means nothing, since theres nobody up front to do anything with it. Extremely ill-disciplined performance from him imo, combined with awful awful awful usage of the ball.

Unbelievably, it is not just me who thinks it. Even your most vociferous of fans thinks it. Yet when he said it there was no jumping up and down and wagon circling.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Isn't hyperbole fun?

Its the dog's hyperbollix.:pac:

LOL. More ****e.

Hoofing the ball out of the back is the no.1 indicator of a team scared of losing it in their own half and conceding. You see it at all levels. You trying to convey it as some sort of super tactic is pathetic and shows a complete lack of knowledge.

As I said upthread, Villa were awful in the second half, really poor. Of course, because they held out people are forgetting just how deep they sat and how stupidly they used the scraps of possession they did receive. Suggesting that it was all a part of some mystical "plan" is silly I'll agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

It's fairly simple. In the second half, most of what Villa did was head/hoof the ball clear and straight back to Man U, if they were all that worried they would have tried to hold on to the ball.

This is the most idiotic post iv ever read.Yeah definitely the most stupid.
    Im guessin your a pool supporter?Well if u are then just concentrate on your own club.To all you scousers out there,your season is over and your club is in crisis.Its sad that ye have to come onto this thread just because yer team is an absolute disaster.Shur after liverpool beat united all the scousers were telling me that liverpool were still in the title race.I laughed at this and the next week ye were beaten by fulham ha ha.Liverpool is a club in turmoil.United had a bad result due to the conspiracy and all our injured players but were not in turmoil.Enjoy being in 7th then??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Unbelievably, it is not just me who thinks it. Even your most vociferous of fans thinks it. Yet when he said it there was no jumping up and down and wagon circling.....

Jesus. You should change your Username to "Thanx is the Fish".

Also, he only agreed with half of yor bull**** post. You conveniently ignored the other half but sure... dont let that get in the way.

And United werent "dire" by any stretch today. It was really just a final ball that was missing and some poor finishing, which happens on occasions.

I am embarrassing myself? If you think all that united missed was some finishing and a final ball then it is you who should be embarrassed. Some marking for the goal would have been nice to have. A defender with pace perhaps, somebody who could get a free kick on target and above the wall would have been a real boon too.

I have never suggested that Villa planned to give the ball away BTW but they were not in the slightest bit concerned when Man U had the ball and it did seem that they planned to just sit and soak the pressure. There was hardly a run forward from them as they did not want to get caught on the break. Bringing on NRC for one of their more attacking players was an indicator of how the win was to come.
    Anthony16 wrote: »
    Im guessin your a pool supporter?Well if u are then just concentrate on your own club.To all you scousers out there,your season is over and your club is in crisis.Its sad that ye have to come onto this thread just because yer team is an absolute disaster.Shur after liverpool beat united all the scousers were telling me that liverpool were still in the title race.I laughed at this and the next week ye were beaten by fulham ha ha.Liverpool is a club in turmoil.United had a bad result due to the conspiracy and all our injured players but were not in turmoil.Enjoy being in 7th then??:rolleyes:

There are not enough rolleyes and smilies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

United had a bad result due to the conspiracy and all our injured players but were not in turmoil.Enjoy being in 7th then??:rolleyes:

Seriously man, the above is'n't giving your opinions a lot of credence! We had a bad day at the office, lets move on,hammer the wolves and we'll be back on track

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

tbh, utd are missing ronaldo like a sore thumb. its a credit to how good he is that one of the worlds biggest teams can miss him that much. a lot of good possession play but not anything beyond that. i feel sorry for rooney sometimes because he really does so much on the pitch. as i said though, utd will bounce back against wolves and thrash them

• Advertisement

I am embarrassing myself? If you think all that united missed was some finishing and a final ball then it is you who should be embarrassed. Some marking for the goal would have been nice to have. A defender with pace perhaps, somebody who could get a free kick on target and above the wall would have been a real boon too.

There are not enough rolleyes and smilies.

You know so little about is soccer its unbelievable.

Ah jesus. Im out. You've gone and done it. Your misunderstanding of how football works is laughable.

Quandary wrote: »
    Seriously man, the above is'n't giving your opinions a lot of credence! We had a bad day at the office, lets move on,hammer the wolves and we'll be back on track

So why were there only 3 minutes?Whats a reasonable explanation?Fergie was livid when he saw the 3.

I actually hate that Anthony is agreeing with me.

It takes so much away from my point.

Anthony16 vs Thanx for the Fish. Everyones a winner.:pac:

You know so little about is soccer its unbelievable.

knows more then you by the looks of it. i think you just dont want him to know as much as he does

Jazzy wrote: »
    knows more then you by the looks of it. i think you just dont want him to know as much as he does

Your an idiot too if u agree with his point of view.Im actually raging right now,any1 else want tp pick a fight??:mad:

Boards.ie has hit a new low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this thread is becoming a bomb site.

villa did well, utd probably deserved something, but couldn't do that bit of magic to break down an almost immaculate defence on the day.

it happens.

as has been said on umpteen occasions, this is the most competitive Premier League is years. there are going to be a lot more weeks like this for all the 'top' teams.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Your an idiot too if u agree with his point of view.Im actually raging right now,any1 else want tp pick a fight??:mad:

I presume the "16" in your username refers to your age? :rolleyes:

So why were there only 3 minutes?Whats a reasonable explanation?Fergie was livid when he saw the 3.

Fergie is usually livid about 1 thing or another after a poor result. Fair enough, the 3 minutes was a minute or maybe 2 on the short side but to go so far as to call it a conspiracy is crazy. I dont think you'll find another Utd fan on the entire soccer forum to agree with you imo!

spockety wrote: »
    I presume the "16" in your username refers to your age? :rolleyes:

Well if it did then i wouldnt be served in christys every saturday night:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The 'United are missing Ronaldo' spiel comes out after every United loss and never a peep of it is heard when United are winning, with the latter being far more prevalent than the former.

We are three points off the top with the halfway point not even reached yet. What a crisis.

The 'United are missing Ronaldo' spiel comes out after every United loss and never a peep of it is heard when United are winning, with the latter being far more prevalent than the former.

We are three points off the top with the halfway point not even reached yet. What a crisis.

But where will the goals come from?:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Champagne, champagne for everyone!

• Advertisement

how? utd failed to score against villa today with close to 80% of the ball in the second half. if liverpool do that, it is poor... the same with any other club including utd. finishing? you had hat trick hero and 'better value then tevez' owen, dimitar 'just give him a season' berbatov and wayne rooney (who is genuinely amazing) on the pitch and still didnt finish your dinner. that is poor no matter how you dress it up.

tevez scored 2 today btw :) would have been lovely coming off the bench today wouldnt he?

Quandary wrote: »
    Fergie is usually livid about 1 thing or another after a poor result. Fair enough, the 3 minutes was a minute or maybe 2 on the short side but to go so far as to call it an conspiracy is crazy. I dont think you'll find another Utd fan on the entire soccer forum to agree with you imo!

Maybe not on the forum but a through and through united fan put the idea in my head and it makes since to me now.**** it anyway we always score very late.An extra 2 minutes would have done it with the crowd behind us after hearing "5"

SlickRic wrote: »
    there are going to be a lot more weeks like this for all the 'top' teams.

That there are, Chelsea drop ponts against a v weak Everton side, Man City held, Arsenal lose tomorrow (I hope :)) Man U lose to a decent Villa side.

There are a lot of good games coming in the season and a lot more of them will involve the top four dropping points. That is why I am adamant that anybody who says a team that has lost 3/4/5 games this early is going to get a shock come season end.

Champagne, champagne for everyone!

Champagne for some , miniature Utd flags for others?

jokerclap.gif

This thread has hopped the fence baby.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement