Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas parties - the football managers version

• 12-12-2009 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

I live in Manchester and we had a department do on Thursday at quite a nice restaurant in the city centre called San Carlo.

Anyway it is known as a bit of a WAG haunt and it was no suprise when I spotted Mort Gamst Pedersen on one table. But I was delighted to see the next guests arrive to be seated at the table beside us - Sir Alex, Big Sam, Peter Reid, Martinez, Moyes and Coyle!!!

They genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves and what I thought was even more interesting was the absentise!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aye well Reid isn't even a manger at the moment, but yes other than that there are only 15 other top flight managers not in attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Meanwhile, at a Maccers not too far away, Phil Brown, Tony Pulis and Rafa Benitez were spotted sharing a Happy Meal and packet of 6 chicken nuggets.

Mark Hughes declined the invitation as he is more 'minted sheikh' than 'milkshake'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I live in Manchester and we had a department do on Thursday at quite a nice restaurant in the city centre called San Carlo.

Anyway it is known as a bit of a WAG haunt and it was no suprise when I spotted Mort Gamst Pedersen on one table. But I was delighted to see the next guests arrive to be seated at the table beside us - Sir Alex, Big Sam, Peter Reid, Martinez, Moyes and Coyle!!!

They genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves and what I thought was even more interesting was the absentise!

its all a conspiracy.... they were plotting who wins what games over the christmas. :D

and as for the other lads in McD's ..... hope that wasnt going to come out of club funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, at a Maccers not too far away, Phil Brown, Tony Pulis and Rafa Benitez were spotted sharing a Happy Meal and packet of 6 chicken nuggets.

Throw Ken Barlow in there and you've got yourself a party mister!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

mayordenis wrote: »
    Aye well Reid isn't even a manger at the moment, but yes other than that there are only 15 other top flight managers not in attendance.

Is he not assistant at Stoke?

So maybe he was there representing Pulis!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Big sam was licking the crumbs off Alex Fergusons lap no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Harry Redknapp missed the managers and players version*

*Spurs in coppers on tuesday night last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

joe123 wrote: »
    Big sam was licking the crumbs off Alex Fergusons lap no doubt.

well after only a couple of weeks after his operation, he didnt seem to mind gettin stuck inta the vino

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Is he not assistant at Stoke?

So maybe he was there representing Pulis!

He also has great respect amongst other managers for the job he did with Sunderland in guiding us to two respective 7th place Premier League finishes after winning the now Championship with a record points haul.

I'm sure he's still good friends with the mentioned managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Martinez sticks out like a sore thumb in that group...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Surprised no MON... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Surprised no MON... :(

The above mentioned would be the local ones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

Liam O wrote: »
    Martinez sticks out like a sore thumb in that group...

I did notice that he was the first to leave straight after the meal.

Advertisement