Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile screen dead -backup txts & contacts

• 12-12-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi folks, a bt of help would be great please;

My Nokia N85 screen has died and before I send it off for repair I would like to download/ backup the txts that came in that I can't read and the contacts saved to the phone.
    There is a fair chance the stuff will be there when i get the phomne back but I am curious to get it before i send the phone for repair.
    Any suggestions please??

Patspost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

theres a place in town (if you are in Dublin) ..... cant remember the street name but go down O'Connell Street and turn left towards the ilac centre and its into a little mini shopping center on the left.

Cant remember the name of the place but the people in O2 Shop a couple of yards down the street (towards Ilac Centre) pointed me in the right direction.

costs about €25 - and you get photos/texts etc all on a little dongle (my advice is to ask how to get all the stuff back onto your phone afterwards - I have my dongle but havent been able to put contacts back on 'cos I havent been able to get back into them to ask)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you might also be able to do it yourself -

use the Nokia synch cable and software to synchronise contacts and texts (assuming the computer will read the phone connected)

Also - if the phone is under 2yrs old it should be free to replace - the guys in the shop I mentioned earlier will be able to do it faster than O2/Vodafone/Meteor etc.....as they do it in-house instead of posting it away somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Have you tried using Nokia PC Suite?
    Normally you'll get a disc with your phone for the software, If not you can download it from here

Make sure your handset is unlocked while connecting and using.
    I had to use it myself recently on one of my own Nokia's

You can basically use the suite software or just view your phone through your windows explorer, you will be able to view all your texts/images/contacts etc.. as if you were looking at your mailbox

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭patspost

Hi Pablod,
    thanks for that, I have tried the PC Suite but it doesn't make the connection to the phone as you have to acknowledge or select something on the phone to acknowledge the PC suite conn, so will have to try and figure this out!

Tks again
    Patspost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

patspost wrote: »
    Hi Pablod,
    thanks for that, I have tried the PC Suite but it doesn't make the connection to the phone as you have to acknowledge or select something on the phone to acknowledge the PC suite conn, so will have to try and figure this out!

When you connect the phone just press the centre of the navigation key. Tip for the future, you can select it to always default to the pc suite so you dont get asked, and it makes it easier if this happens again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 wmMagner

if the phone has a tv-out jack.try using that to see what's on the screen.

Advertisement