If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio BR 5

Options
  • 12-12-2009 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

John,
    How much for a pair of Monitor Audio BR 5 to replace Mission 773e in a 7.1 system? Other recommendations welcome.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I got a set of the BR5's off John about a year ago - brilliant speaker and I would highly recommend them.
    I replaced a set of mission in my surround setup with them and they made a good difference.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

loughan wrote: »
    John,
    How much for a pair of Monitor Audio BR 5 to replace Mission 773e in a 7.1 system? Other recommendations welcome.

Loughan,

Thanks for the post and Milk - thanks for the recommendation.

OK - here is a mad offer - I'll do the BR5 (and most other Monitor Audio - THISWEEKEND ONLY at a MAD EURO FOR POUND DEAL so the BR5 will cost you £399.95 / €399.99 this offer will finish on Monday the 14th!!!! So get your orders in now!

I can also do the stunning RS6 from Monitor Audio - Brand new boxed at just £379.95 or €399.99.

Keep me posted if I can assist in any way and feel free to broadast the Monitor Audio € for £ Deal!

Thanks again guys,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I recently purchased the BR6 from John. They really are an awesome speaker. If you can stretch to it I'd defo go for these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

John,

Sounds very tempting. I could replace the 914i's with the BR6 :)
    I have till Monday to decide ;)

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭bog master

Loughan

I have RS6's and RS8's and they are truly stunning speakers for the money with the bonus of being beautifully built and an amazing finish no matter what colour you are looking for.

Have not heard the BR5's to be honest, but BR5's were selling at £520.00 awhile back and my original RS6's cost £650.00. So to be offered them for £379.00 is quite a deal.

Let us know how you get on, would love to hear your comments on whatever you decide on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi,
    Bog master is spot on. Has to be the RS6s. They're a better sounding and better looking speaker. If they have the RS6 in the finish you want it's a no brainer.
    Good luck,
    Moo

Hi,
    Bog master is spot on. Has to be the RS6s. They're a better sounding and better looking speaker. If they have the RS6 in the finish you want it's a no brainer.
    Good luck,
    Moo

Thanks Bog / Moo / Ronan / Techno & Milk - seemls like Monitor Audio are getting quite a following!

Keep me posted all if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 15 loughan

John,

What finishes do you have in stock - light oak perhaps?
    Are these in shop in Belfast? Ill be in city this week and could drop in.
    Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Loughran

Just another rant from me. In my opinion, dont get hung up on finishes/colour if you cant get what you initially want. My RS6's were in black, was not sure initially, but with these speakers and the finish and construction, you want to highlight them, not have them blend in to the decor. Also with the black 6'S I got a Centre of Rosenut. With a centre if you have any sort of av rack, you see little of the actual finish/colour.

Currently using RS8's Walnut with a Cherry Centre, and to me the same applies, not only outstanding speakers, but a fine speciem of furniture.

Go for it, and welcome to the MA Club!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

OK - here is a mad offer - I'll do the BR5 (and most other Monitor Audio - THISWEEKEND ONLY at a MAD EURO FOR POUND DEAL so the BR5 will cost you £399.95 / €399.99 this offer will finish on Monday the 14th!!!! So get your orders in now!

Popped into the Belfast shop yesterday, but they didn't have the white 45HD's in stock. I'll take a pair of them from you for the euro for pound price, ta very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

"I can also do the stunning RS6 from Monitor Audio - Brand new boxed at just £379.95 or €399.99."

Cant let this one go - unfortunately for my wallet.

:)

I'll take a set of these off your hands - thanks!

What colours are available ?

Regards

Hoot

Hey John,

Are these not included in the pound for euro deal ;)??

Christmas and all that stuff :rolleyes:

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I can also do the stunning RS6 from Monitor Audio - Brand new boxed at just £379.95 or €399.99.

Hi John, I'd be interested in these if they're available in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭jspuds

John

Would you have a MA 5.1 speaker package in black?

John,

OK Guys - here is the story - I screwed up - we only have 2 pairs of RS6 available at that price...one pair in Walnut and one pair in Cherry and we can do these at £379.95/€399.99.

...However here is where I screwed up! We miscounted our RS6's and instead I can clear some RS8 at £399.95 / €429.99 :eek::eek: Now there is a proper deal!

We have them available in the following finishes: Cherry / Rosewood / Natural Oak.

1st come 1st served.

Keep me posted and apologies for the delay getting back to you all!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Loughlan,

apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

I have the RS6 available (1 pair only) in Cherry which is a light finish and Walnut - however I also have the RS8 (Yummy) available in Natural Oak which is a light oak /Rosewood and Cherry..

Thanks again for the post and keep me posted if I can assist,
    ATB,

John Mc

Damn, none in black? :(
    I would have taken a pair of your hands John.

alastair wrote: »
    Popped into the Belfast shop yesterday, but they didn't have the white 45HD's in stock. I'll take a pair of them from you for the euro for pound price, ta very much.

Alastair,

I have seen your email don't worry - we are out of stock but they will be in again by the end of the week.

I've passed your order onto Kenny Curly and he will look after it for you - are you still breaking our nice Subwoofers? :pac:

Kenny will keep you posted and as ever give me a shout if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

ronaneire wrote: »
    Hey John,

Are these not included in the pound for euro deal ;)??

Christmas and all that stuff :rolleyes:

Ro

Ro,

At these prices - I honestly just cannot go any lower!

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

ronaneire wrote: »
    Damn, none in black? :(
    I would have taken a pair of your hands John.

Ro,

The Rosewood is a really dark finish and looks great if you were interested???

KMP,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Ro,

At these prices - I honestly just cannot go any lower!

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

I had to chance my arm though ha ;)
    Ro,

The Rosewood is a really dark finish and looks great if you were interested???

KMP,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

I had a wee look at all the colours, the rest of my MA are the black oak finish.
    If you have nothing in stock atm not to worry. Come January hopefully you might have hopefully.

Thanks Again,

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kao123

Hi John, so much of me keeping a few quid aside for christmas, I just spoke to Ursula and have ordered up a set of the RS8's, so many thanks for the cracking price.
    It's impossible to let this pass at these prices..... now I have to start saving for another amp and cd player all over again. :D

Going off you in a hurry John Mc!!!! My RS8S cost me £479.00 2 months ago! Must have a word with Dave!

Lads, GO FOR IT!

You wont find better speakers for under a grand! Feck the finish, all are beautiful, do ye want matching colours or Excellent Sound!

bog master wrote: »
    Going off you in a hurry John Mc!!!! My RS8S cost me £479.00 2 months ago! Must have a word with Dave!

Lads, GO FOR IT!

You wont find better speakers for under a grand! Feck the finish, all are beautiful, do ye want matching colours or Excellent Sound!

Both :o

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

...However here is where I screwed up! We miscounted our RS6's and instead I can clear some RS8 at £399.95 / €429.99 :eek::eek: Now there is a proper deal!

Any of these left John?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hi John,

Haven't heard anything from Kenny yet - I was away for a couple of days, but no messages on the machine. I'm up in Belfast before new years, if you get stock in, but I'd like to ensure that I can hang on to the euro for pound deal - pair of white 45HD's and white stands to match. If they're not going to be in stock, no worries - I can wait.

alastair

Alastair,

I have seen your email don't worry - we are out of stock but they will be in again by the end of the week.

I've passed your order onto Kenny Curly and he will look after it for you - are you still breaking our nice Subwoofers? :pac:

Kenny will keep you posted and as ever give me a shout if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

vinniemac wrote: »
    Any of these left John?

Vinnie,

Hard luck (for your wallet..) yep we do still have RS8 in stock ready to ship!

Keep me posted if you would like a pair reserved and we will look after you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

Vinnie,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John / Ursula / Ashley ,

Many thanks for making my Christmas , I'm listening to my brand spanking new Monitor Audio RS8's as I type and they are truly fantastic.

As always your all feckers for "forcing" me into buying them at such a price, and as always you were wonderful to deal with.

All the best for 2010!

Regards

B

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Vinnie,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John :D

Can you book me a pair in natural oak?

Would it be possible to collect from the Philips shop and pay cash?

Vinnie

• Advertisement

vinniemac wrote: »
    Thanks John :D

Can you book me a pair in natural oak?

Would it be possible to collect from the Philips shop and pay cash?

Vinnie

Vinnie,

no problem - if you want to give Kenny a call on 04890.33.00.44 he will get a pair sorted out for delivery to The Philips Shop on Christmas eve..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.