Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Wireless - for Dummies

Options
  • 12-12-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Please bear with me as internet connections go striaght over my head.

In work, we have standard plug in broadband. I now need wireless in the workshop. What is my easiest way to do this? is there anything I can plug into the connection to give it to me from there rather than changing a router?

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Jonny303 wrote: »
    Hey,

Please bear with me as internet connections go striaght over my head.

In work, we have standard plug in broadband. I now need wireless in the workshop. What is my easiest way to do this? is there anything I can plug into the connection to give it to me from there rather than changing a router?

Regards

As I monotonously point out here we are not mind readers so please give as much information as possible. All broadband is plug in in one sense or another.

Who is your internet provider. Work is precisely what? An office, a skyscraper with workshop somewhere? How is your bb used at the moment?

Where is the workshop relative to current bb connection? And so on and so on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Jonny303

dub45 wrote: »
    As I monotonously point out here we are not mind readers so please give as much information as possible. All broadband is plug in in one sense or another.

Who is your internet provider. Work is precisely what? An office, a skyscraper with workshop somewhere? How is your bb used at the moment?

Where is the workshop relative to current bb connection? And so on and so on.....

Broadband provider i THINK is eircom

work is a garage

there is a broadband connection in the workshop, i just dont want to be running cables to hook it up to the diagnostic equipment as we currently do

regards

Advertisement