Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

hmm, i'll see what i can do and let you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Out of interest BP, how did the initial run of your online store go? Is it something you'll continue to pursue, or is it just not feasible?

just saw this now sorry Paully, it's very quiet in terms of sales but interest is high it's just trying to get stock is very difficult. I'm having no luck with that at the moment. (No Jets gear yet lads sorry)

Just thought I'd put this up here, a review of NFLMerchandise.co.uk jerseys.

http://nfl-ireland.com/2012/08/nfl-merchandise-uk-review/

TL;DR: Jerseys seems to be fakes sold at full retail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

ad wear in the ilac center Dublin has some nfl jerseys in (last season and look like copys, bad cuts on fabric in places) 40 euro a pop. have several greenway purple vikings jerseys, dallas throwback and black shadow, pats, skins and that god awefull throwback greenbay jersey along with one or two others.

finally got my hands on a real NFL jersey!

http://nfl-ireland.com/2012/08/fansedge-jersey-review/

€120 all in from FansEdge, thanks to JaMarcus Hustle for the recommendation!

nike-front-300x231.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Good choice of jersey...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

BP how is the site going, you still having trouble sourcing a good (cheap!) supplier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

has anyone bought from hitjerseys.net

what was the quality like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

WilcoOut wrote: »
    has anyone bought from hitjerseys.net

what was the quality like?
    Waiting on one as part of an order with another poster from the Soccer forum.

He's getting Soccer Jerseys and Im getting a Josh Freeman Jersey.

Letter from Customs saying they want a reciept to see how much everything cost, so might get the jersey might be destroyed.

Hopefully I get It and I'll show what it looks like. The Irish Soccer Jerseys were Cat apparently, but the well known teams were meant to be top notch.

BP how is the site going, you still having trouble sourcing a good (cheap!) supplier?

thought i had one and the jerseys turned out to be fake, very frustrating! so no closer, but if i hear anything it will be up here first.

• Advertisement

Right got my Freeman jersey there today from Hitjerseys.

Its awesome. Like the fake Willis jersey you described in your post BastardPrince. Sewn on Numbers, Name and Logos. Silicone NFL Logo. Nike tags look perfect.

Delighted with it. Cost around €30 total, which is great when you are poor.

On my tablet at the moment, so can't post pics, but I'm over the moon with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

DDC1990 wrote: »

Its awesome. Like the fake Willis jersey you described in your post BastardPrince. Sewn on Numbers, Name and Logos. Silicone NFL Logo. Nike tags look perfect.

Ah man they look great. I got some NHL and a LA Angels baseball jersey from them and they are brilliant, so I'll be ordering an NFL one for kick off in September, can I just ask you about size? I notice your Bucs jersey is an M, what size do you take in say a footy shirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

Do you have to pay shipping or customs? Thinking of getting a Bengals jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Hit - Jerseys . net ye?

How did you pay for it? It says paypal verified but i couldn't find that option.

Right, I was lucky. I just posted in the soccer thread saying I wanted 1 jersey and another poster was ordering 4 so he did the ordering, and I payed him through PayPal. So I'm not sure about payment methods etc, but if you ask on the soccer thread on online jerseys in sure they'll answer.

There was 23% Vat charges on customs as far as I know so it came to 5 euro extra per jersey which is grand all things considered.

I'd definitely recommend it, try and get 5 of ye together because its free shipping on 5 or more jerseys.

As for sizing, I take a medium soccer/rugby/gaa jersey. I got this and it fits like a large soccer jersey, but its perfect really in terms of an NFL jersey. It fits snugly over a top or a hoody, and even fits grand on its own, obviously being a bit baggy. I have a real Reebok replica, in a size 48 and its like a dress on me :-P So its a size smaller, maybe even 2 sizes smaller then the old Reebok replicas.

Right, I was lucky. I just posted in the soccer thread saying I wanted 1 jersey and another poster was ordering 4 so he did the ordering, and I payed him through PayPal. So I'm not sure about payment methods etc, but if you ask on the soccer thread on online jerseys in sure they'll answer.

There was 23% Vat charges on customs as far as I know so it came to 5 euro extra per jersey which is grand all things considered.

I'd definitely recommend it, try and get 5 of ye together because its free shipping on 5 or more jerseys.

Just ordered there. It's e49 for a single. I purchased a high quality rip off before and am happy paying that for the quality that is given.

I will let you know how i get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I can vouch for hitjersey aswell lads, ordered 5 soccer jerseys from there, and an order of NBA/NHL/MLB jerseys, they get the stuff to you and their customer service is quick and helpful. Order any 5 jerseys and they do free shipping which is $30 normally, so it's best to get your mates in on it if you dont have 5 you want yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

What are the sizes like for the jerseys from hitjerseys?

Is a medium soccer jersey same as medium american football jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

I might be doing a hitjerseys order pretty soon, obviously I don't wanna pay the shipping, lookin to order 5+. I can send on all my details if trust is an issue. I can take PayPal or a postal order. Pm me if interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

any more pics or testimonies from ppl who ordered from hit jerseys?

ill be pulling the trigger soon on an order and a few buddies wnat some extra clarification

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭soadtool

I've ordered a few recently, I'll post up on delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

A big, big +1 for FansEdge.com. Genuine jerseys so you'll pay a bit extra, I got Notre Dame's throwback jersey that they wore against Michigan last year for the Under The Lights game.

52-47811-J.jpg

€115 all in (postage and prepaid customs included) but boy were they a pleasure to deal with. They were very quick to deliver - as a matter of fact in the space of 20 days, I had received the jersey, decided it was too big, returned it, and had a smaller one sent out with no problems or delays. It's a beauty too, definitely the nicest jersey of any sport that I've ever bought. The little details are beautiful, despite them not being seen if you're wearing it (it has "The Spirit of Notre Dame" sewn on the inside of the collar, and has the 11 years they've won the National Championship printed on the inside at the very bottom). Very nice touches. I'll throw up some pics if anyone wants to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

European NFL shop has opened...finally

http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/default.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

European NFL shop has opened...finally

http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/default.aspx

Its a pity Kitbag are running it though.

CoachTO wrote: »
    Its a pity Kitbag are running it though.

Oh right, what makes them so bad?

• Advertisement

Oh right, what makes them so bad?

Never have any decent amount of stock and they have done NFL stuff for years and all it seems they have done is now do a partnership with the NFL in name with their site. Hopefully they get better but even right now they have fook all stock.

their exchange rate is shockin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

107e for a jersey! Cannot justify paying that

if you take the pound rate it is 90 euro the exchange is a bit off.....
    Arawn wrote: »
    107e for a jersey! Cannot justify paying that

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

anyone else doing an order from hitjersey soon??

• Advertisement

anyone else doing an order from hitjersey soon??

Yep, I might

Could anyone tell me the average ETA on hitjerseys stuff?

Waiting 2.5 weeks. Need me T Rich jersey before he runs all over the Iggles this weekend.
    Should i expect it this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Putting through an order on hitjerseys tomorrow.

Pm me if anyone wants to split the costs.

Could anyone tell me the average ETA on hitjerseys stuff?

Waiting 2.5 weeks. Need my T Rich jersey before he runs all over the Iggles this weekend.
    Should i expect it this week?

Sounds like she is at home waiting for me.

I will post pics later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm going to get the brother a Brady jersey for the London game, he'll be happy enough with Reebok jersey.

http://www.nflshop.uk.com/reebok-new-england-patriots-12-tom-brady-dark-blue-replica-nfl-jersey

What's the deal with the sizes? I clicked on the sizing chart link and it's not very clear.

I was going to ring them but there's no number listed on the website. Anyone got on clarification on the Reebok jersey sizes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

My Reebok jersey is a 50, which isn't on their chart, but would be between a large and an XL. I'm an XL here, and its roomy enough to wear over a hoody.

Rule of thumb is an American size is one size bigger than ours.

Lads i fully recommend Hitjerseys. As good a replica as i have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Is the top of the jersey, you know the name plate, vented like that on the official jerseys?

Looks pretty good over all.

Faker74 wrote: »
    Is the top of the jersey, you know the name plate, vented like that on the official jerseys?

Looks pretty good over all.
    Thats the Elite Jersey. On Elite Jerseys they have a Vented Nameplate.
    Game Day Jerseys (see my post a few pages back), have a stitched on one.

Its perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

How much did you pay for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

But isn't there an element of luck needed to get your order past customs? And am I right in thinking if they check your order you'll lose everything?

SantryRed wrote: »
    How much did you pay for that?

I went on my own and it cost €50 all in.
    But isn't there an element of luck needed to get your order past customs? And am I right in thinking if they check your order you'll lose everything?

Possibly, but if you went with someone else and tried it for €40 each, it would be worth the gamble as opposed to paying €150 straight off the bat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

@ BP any update on your site and getting in more stock?

How much would it cost if the jersey got caught at customs?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think they destroy it if they believe it to be counterfeit. Not sure about the genuine ones, though I believe you can pay the customs up front when ordering from the official site.

So if it got to Silver-Tiger, they didn't think it was counterfeit, so that means they're great quality? :D

Wish it was the simple :p

Have put 50 euro in my PayPal account so wanna get one. The legit ones are way to pricy.

So if it got to Silver-Tiger, they didn't think it was counterfeit, so that means they're great quality? :D

Wish it was the simple :p

Have put 50 euro in my PayPal account so wanna get one. The legit ones are way to pricy.

I will go in with you to break the cost down if you want. Went in with one of the other lads already but looking to get another shirt. My other one is in China at the moment. If you get 3 more it will work out at 25.

CoachTO wrote: »
    I will go in with you to break the cost down if you want. Went in with one of the other lads already but looking to get another shirt. My other one is in China at the moment. If you get 3 more it will work out at 25.

Cool.

Would break the cost down for me so I'd be happy to do that! One worry would be if you order 5, the chances in getting caught are more? I don't know how customs works though.

Cool.

Would break the cost down for me so I'd be happy to do that! One worry would be if you order 5, the chances in getting caught are more? I don't know how customs works though.

2 jerseys works out at:

Subtotal US$59.00
    Shipping & Handling (Shipping Fee - Standard ) US$30.00
    Total: $89.00
    In Euro: 73.50 give or take a euro.

So about 36.50 each.

Im still game ball at that price if you just want to order the 2 36.50 is still a bloody good price :D

Edit: Knowing Paypals sh1t exchange rates Id say more 38 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PayPal doesn't work on Hit Jerseys by the way lads, it's there as a payment method alright but that's just to make the site look more authentic, you can't pay with PayPal (or at least you couldn't up until a couple of weeks ago).

Advertisement