Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMESLORE....BIG thumbs up!

Options
  • 12-12-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hows this for customer service?.

Bought a copy of the boardgame "Conquest of Empires" on the web from gameslore.They sent me "Descent" in error.
    Send them a few emails.....got a reply today, to keep " Descent" and that my copy of "Conquest" is on the way.
    They said because of carraige costs involved its not worth collecting game.Thats a hit of approx €80 all in for them,so from me its a BIG THUMBS UP..for gameslore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Erm isnt Descent abandonware from 1995?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Not that odd tbh. It was their fault so they couldn't get you to pay the shipping to return it. I've had this happen with a few items that where either wrong or arrived broken. They just told me to keep the stuff and they sent out a replacement.

A lot of the time if the item is fairly cheap they'll get you to keep it as the cost of couriering it back and then reshelving it isn't worth it.

Good customer service to me is when the company sends you something extra with your order. Especially if you are a frequent buyer. Very few companies do this. Even a free €2 item with an order will get me to stick with them.

I know firebox.com do this. You'll usually get some simple free gift with your order. Makes a world of difference.

EDIT:
    Jumpy wrote: »
    Erm isnt Descent abandonware from 1995?

I'd imagine he's referring to the boardgame and not the videogame.

Oops. Didnt know it was a gamer store.

Jumpy wrote: »
    Oops. Didnt know it was a gamer store.

Descent was great though. First LAN experience was playing Descent on a bunch of old bank PCs we saved from being recycled. I tell ya, if I got a fresh copy of Descent instead of some other modern PC game in the post I wouldn't be annoyed at all.

We played Descent along with Doom as the games of choice back then. Awesome multiplayer game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Gamersworld on jervis street stock all those board games if you are ever looking for more

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Abandonware, no. Descent and the Freespace IP Are still held by somebody. Or multiple parties. That IP split is why they havent released more, and made the code for FS2 Open Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

madrab wrote: »
    Gamersworld on jervis street stock all those board games if you are ever looking for more

Did check before i ordered,but they did'nt have Conquest of Empires,and on the two previous ocassions I ordered boardgames with them they never rang me back even though they said they would.

Having said that they do have a fairly good selection of games but are still missing some of the top boardgames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

L31mr0d wrote: »

I know firebox.com do this. You'll usually get some simple free gift with your order. Makes a world of difference.

Thanks,never heard of firebox,but will check them out

Thanks,never heard of firebox,but will check them out

see, and this is the benefit of customer loyalty and rewards. I've spread their name and now someone else knows about them. Actually, I think vikingdirect.ie do this also. Got an order into the office a few weeks back from them with stationary in it that had a box of chocolates on the top. Nice little surprises like that build customer loyalty. I actually bought my home office chair from them because of that gesture.

In regards to firebox.com, that site is seriously addictive. I know a friend who just got hooked into buying the latest gadgets from them for months, he spent 100's. His apartment ended up looking like the catalogue. Even now I have to just slap myself and go "I know you want it, but do you need it?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well in fairness i do the same favor to stardock every once in a while, when i emailed them asking about a turkish website selling cd keys ("Are these legit? Should i buy from them?") They said Nope those are fraudsters; took legal action against the website and gave me a free copy of Sins for bringing it to their attention.

Advertisement