Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardgillan Castle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

minikin wrote: »
    I don't see how that link supports the view that Ardgillan is in Skerries... :pac:
    Oh look, it's been changed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Would have always thought Ardgillen was in Balrothery or Balbriggan. End of. I have had some slagging match's with Skerries people saying its in Skeries.

Balbriggan needs a development committee with people earmarked to get involved in Ardgillen. When you look at the job the Skerries Tidy towns do places like Balbriggan and Rush lag behind. But it does not change the fact Ardgillen is in Skeries.

Next on the list for Skerries is the Old Church in Lusk;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

yeah i don't think anyone questions the good work that the Skerries Development and Community Association Limited do, equally I'm sure everyone who uses the facility appreciates what Fingal Co Co have done for the wider community in maintaining such an excellent facility, it's just a pity that whoever is behind this website has cast a shadow over all their efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

LeoB wrote: »
    Next on the list for Skerries is the Old Church in Lusk;)
    We're gearing up for a takeover of The Hill of Tara next. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

was talking to a local who'se family for have lived in the shadow of Ardgillan. Very interesting.He is aware of the fact of the Skerries push to have Ardgillan as part of their 'locale'.
    Never was Ardgillan in the boundry of Skerries. In fact he believes that in was in Balrothery (As stated above) but also that it may have been within the boundry of Hampton at some stage.Dont forget that Hampton Hall* is only a stones throw, as the crow flies, from Ardgillan.

Just on a slight side track. Balrothery.......just to indicate how big the townland of Balrothery was he reckons that if you look at the pump in the Square in Lusk in may have Balrothery stamped on it which will indicate will the townland.

*If you dont know where Hampton Hall is go around the back of Balbriggan Golf Course and instead of turning left into the Chantries keep to the right. You will eventually come to Hampton Hall. AFAIK it was previously a Gaelscoil. It is now a Private Property so please act in that way. It is a nice walk down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hill Billy wrote: »
    We're gearing up for a takeover of The Hill of Tara next. :)

Will ye put a footbridge over the new road?;)
    Well anyway, Rush is gearing up to take them "little Islands" off Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

All Jokes aside I've had a look at this Skerries Development and Community Association Limited. I will give them one thing, they are well organised, a model organisation I would say.

Does anyone know how they fund themselves? Why the Limited, are they a company?

Advertisement