Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self employed closing down!

Options
  • 12-12-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi i'm looking for any advice as to how to close my business, i am a sole trader and closing at the end of december and need all the help i can get on what i can avoid paying etc. I have nothing to live off and little hope of getting social welfare and the revenue will prob be after me, i am living in rented accommodation which i am in threat of being evicted from. Please help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Rmmb wrote: »
    Hi i'm looking for any advice as to how to close my business, i am a sole trader and closing at the end of december and need all the help i can get on what i can avoid paying etc. I have nothing to live off and little hope of getting social welfare and the revenue will prob be after me, i am living in rented accommodation which i am in threat of being evicted from. Please help??

Sign on immediately you may have to wait a period and be means tested but you will get the dole. Talk to you landlord and see if he will accept EHB rent allowance. as soon as you have signed on go to the EHB and get supplementary social welfare cheques. Close you business and worry about revenue later. Most important you have a home first. Do you have the vat man paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rmmb

Thanks for the advice, whats the EHB? Sorry i am clueless as never claimed anything in my life, always worked. No i haven't the vat man paid or any man to be honest, i owe esb, phone etc. all running costs for last 3 month, owe vat man for last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Rmmb wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, whats the EHB? Sorry i am clueless as never claimed anything in my life, always worked. No i haven't the vat man paid or any man to be honest, i owe esb, phone etc. all running costs for last 3 month, owe vat man for last year.

Eastern Health Board now the HSE. You will need to talk to a community welfare officer there. As far as vat is concerned you need to find out how much you owe. and come to an agreement with revenue. Stabalise your own situation first though

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rmmb

Will do, thanks again for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

get onto MABS.ie they'll help you buget and negotiate with creditors

• Advertisement
Advertisement