Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removal of the catholic church from ireland

• 12-12-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Now is the time for the removal of the catholic church from ireland and forfeiture of all its assets to the state, and the immediate removal of all religious authority in education system.

This situation is out of control.

The catholic church has spent almost 7 centuries inflicting pain and misery on our people. They succeeded in keeping us timid and uneducated while indoctrinating our children.

Here is a list of their goals in order to survive as the voice of jesus christ

Raping children, killing children, raping children with crucifix's + other implements.
    Allowed the rapists (at the highest level*) and murderer's to move on to new areas where there were FRESH children
    Stealing babies to order from their laundry's and selling them to the highest bidder around the world and sealing the information forever.
    Helping Nazi's escape to South America.
    Subjugation of women and their bodies and their choices.
    Invention of purgatory, limbo, fancy uniforms, palaces, no meat fridays, etc

*"The bishops added that they recognised the report's findings indicated a culture of cover-up was "widespread" in the church. "

Irish times http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/1212/breaking4.htm

"The Vatican statement yesterday said Pope Benedict was “deeply disturbed and distressed” by the Murphy report contents. He wished “once more to express his profound regret at the actions of some members of the clergy who have betrayed their solemn promises to God, as well as the trust placed in them by the victims and their families”.
    He shared “the outrage, betrayal and shame felt by so many of the faithful in Ireland, and he is united with them in prayer at this difficult time in the life of the church.”

What a load of BS. They have known for 50 years the extent of the cover up. Is this the best they can do 3 weeks after the report came out.

We need a full report into every diocese, industrial school, borstal and laundry that they ran.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I like how no meat* Friday's is right up there along with the raping of children on your list of bad things.

*Ya forgot da drink!!!!!

But seriously, I agree with this:
    We need a full report into every diocese, industrial school, borstal and laundry that they ran.
    If so much abuse was uncovered by mere sample testing, imagine how much else was going on. It's a scary thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'll sign on to this if we can go after the jews next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Galvasean wrote: »
    I like how no meat* Friday's is right up there along with the raping of children on your list of bad things.

*Ya forgot da drink!!!!!

Don't forget the crime of fancy uniforms. Ban Aer Lingus from Ireland for those uniforms the stewardesses wear!

PDN wrote: »
    Don't forget the crime of fancy uniforms. Ban Aer Lingus from Ireland for those uniforms the stewardesses wear!

If it could be proven that they invented uniforms I'd hold it against them. I hated my school uniform..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Galvasean wrote: »
    If it could be proven that they invented uniforms I'd hold it against them. I hated my school uniform..
    Most religions have uniforms, and the ease with which they can be spotted is roughly related to the amount of resources invested by the wearer in the religion.

That's why people with high investments (like priests, monks, islamics, etc) tend to wear much more obvious clothing than people with low investments (like most christians).

In evolutionary terms, it's quite similar to peacock displays.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »
    Most religions have uniforms, and the ease with which they can be spotted is roughly related to the amount of resources invested by the wearer in the religion.

That's why people with high investments (like priests, monks, islamics, etc) tend to wear much more obvious clothing than people with low investments (like most christians).

Surely not. The peacock's display is to attract females to mate with. The Catholic priest isn't allowed mate.

Damn! That's where I'm going wrong. I'm just not invested highly enough in this Christianity stuff to get me a uniform. :(

robindch wrote:
    That's why people with high investments (like priests, monks, islamics, etc) tend to wear much more obvious clothing than people with low investments (like most christians). In evolutionary terms, it's quite similar to peacock displays.
    Damn! That's where I'm going wrong. I'm just not invested highly enough in this Christianity stuff to get me a uniform. :(
    My most sincere and humble apologies -- I didn't realize you're an ordained priest!

Outside of A+A, should we be addressing you as "Father", "Your Excellency", "Your Grace", "Your Eminence" or "Your Holiness"?

My most sincere and humble apologies -- I didn't realize you're an ordained priest!

Outside of A+A, should we be addressing you as "Father", "Your Excellency", "Your Grace", "Your Eminence" or "Your Holiness"?

Actually I'm an ordained Bishop, but I don't use the title as I think it's humbug - same way as I feel about ecclesiastical uniforms.

But if you want you can address me as "You're Right".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

Actually I'm an ordained Bishop, but I don't use the title as I think it's humbug - same way as I feel about ecclesiastical uniforms.

Bishop PDN Fcukin hell.

You banned me for 1 month (trolling) for posting this thread on your forum and you come over to this one and make jokes?:(

With all the odium directed towards bishops here in Ireland at the moment, I've no doubt that if I were a bishop, I'd keep quiet about it too.
    Should the occasion ever permit, I shall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

We don't need to remove the Catholic church. Given time people will move away from it and it will fade. Look how far we have come from the bad old days of the moving statues. Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

The RCC has done a lot of good for this country and the people of this country through the centuries.

I can understand the anger at the recent revelations about child abuse though.

I have no doubt that the IRCC will do what is necessary to sort out this mess and I look forward to a Church which will better as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rohatch wrote: »
    Bishop PDN Fcukin hell.

You banned me for 1 month (trolling) for posting this thread on your forum and you come over to this one and make jokes?:(

Thats because he's the biggest "throw my toys out of the pram" mod on boards, rational arguments have no place in the christianity forum apparently

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

krudler, if you have an issue with a mod take it up with the mod or to helpdesk. Your issues with other users in other forums do not concern us here in A&A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭rohatch

krudler wrote: »
    Thats because he's the biggest "throw my toys out of the pram" mod on boards, rational arguments have no place in the christianity forum apparently

I JUST THINK IF IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS A THREAD IN HIS FORUM THEN HE SHOULD NOT BE POSTING ABOUT IT IN THIS ONE

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I JUST THINK IF IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS A THREAD IN HIS FORUM THEN HE SHOULD NOT BE POSTING ABOUT IT IN THIS ONE

He can post wherever he likes. It's called a public forum for a reason. The rules in one forum don't necessarily apply to another. The internet. Not as serious business as people like to think it is.

No need to shout.

I can post in this thread just like anyone else providing I adhere to the forum Charter. You would be able to post in the Christianity forum like anyone else if you could adhere to the Charter. Quite simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Here is a list of their goals in order to survive as the voice of jesus christ

Raping children, killing children, raping children with crucifix's + other implements.
    Allowed the rapists (at the highest level*) and murderer's to move on to new areas where there were FRESH children
    Stealing babies to order from their laundry's and selling them to the highest bidder around the world and sealing the information forever.
    Helping Nazi's escape to South America.
    Subjugation of women and their bodies and their choices.
    Invention of purgatory, limbo, fancy uniforms, palaces, no meat fridays, etc

You don't see how that kind of thing obscures whatever point it is your making......?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

No need to shout.

I can post in this thread just like anyone else providing I adhere to the forum Charter. You would be able to post in the Christianity forum like anyone else if you could adhere to the Charter. Quite simple really.

Simple? You bet it is.
    The charters reflect the ethos' of atheism and christianity. One encourages critical thinking and comment, the other does all it can to suppress it.
    Congratulations! Another triumph of mealy mouthed bureaucracy over public discourse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Next post concerning affairs across the fence gets a card.

Advertisement