Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asda

Options
  • 12-12-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Planning on going up the north next Friday from Dublin, I want to make a stop at Asda but dont want to go too far over the border. Its says on the site that there is an Asda in Newry, is this correct as I have never seen one there and if it is can anyone tell me where abouts it is? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Just to clarify there is NO ASDA in Newry. There is Sainsburys.

Once you get across the border and past the Newry traffic jams it is plain sailing all the way to Belfast although because stores can only open from 1-6pm on a Sunday in NI, I suspect it will be manic everywhere tomorrow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

Is there a time policy on buying alcohol like down here - not before 10.30am

I can go to Newry/Lisburn early this week, but not if I have to wait til 10.30am.

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Which Asda is the best in Ireland? I've been to the one in Kilkeel and Enniskillen. Enniskillen is very good, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

PeteK* wrote: »
    Which Asda is the best in Ireland? I've been to the one in Kilkeel and Enniskillen. Enniskillen is very good, in my opinion.

Can only speak for Enniskillen, but i would say they are better. Huge store, right beside a Tesco so competitive is the word, and the staff are nothing short of legendary for such a busy place. A good day out all in all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is there anything else in Enniskillen? Any Morrisons around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Morrisons doesn't have any branches in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Can only speak for Enniskillen, but i would say they are better. Huge store, right beside a Tesco so competitive is the word, and the staff are nothing short of legendary for such a busy place. A good day out all in all

the asda in strabane is hard to beat. Shelves always stocked at all times of the day. And of course its cheap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a time policy on buying alcohol like down here - not before 10.30am

I can go to Newry/Lisburn early this week, but not if I have to wait til 10.30am.

thx

When I was down there last weekend there wasnt! Although the queues were so long, dont expect to be in & out quickly ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dooish

asda enniskillen is under going a extension and is not trading 24 hours until it is over in early march, opening hours 8 to 10 mon to fri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

RasTa wrote: »
    Is there anything else in Enniskillen? Any Morrisons around?

There's an Iceland store there and a heatons up the town. there's a motorfactors too..wilson lendrum and weir.

Advertisement