Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a "30 day return" product again

Options
  • 12-12-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I bought a pair of earphones from Argos, but they broke in less than 30 days.
    I took them back and got a replacement pair.
    But they're after breaking too. And it's less than 30 days since i got the second pair.
    Am i entitled to a refund or a third replacement pair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Under consumer law you are entitled to a repair/replacement/refund. First time out, Argos offered you a replacement, which you accepted. They can offer you the same again, but this time, I'd advise you to decline the replacement and seek a refund, on the basis that this is the second time the product has broken on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Zigmund wrote: »
    I bought a pair of earphones from Argos, but they broke in less than 30 days.
    I took them back and got a replacement pair.
    But they're after breaking too. And it's less than 30 days since i got the second pair.
    Am i entitled to a refund or a third replacement pair?

Argis retirn policy is in ADDITION to statutory rights, so even it the ear phones broke due to a design/ manufacturing fault every month for the next 2 years, they would have to replace, repair or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yes you should seek a refund, or maybe look for a different pair in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

Got a replacement pair. no problems.

Advertisement