Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Mounts

• 12-12-2009 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Does anyone know where in Dublin you could get pre-cut mounts as cheap as Framing Fantastic?

I don't have time to get delivery or drive to Antrim

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jjoconnor

or does anyone have suggestions for an alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

there's a place in the top of Stephen's Green centre that does mounts, not sure of prices though ...

thanks i'll give them a call.

the prices i've been quoted so far are about six times my printing costs - it's mad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

How many are you doing?

If it's a few & regular then buy a Matt Cutter & Rule so you can do them yourself.

CabanSail wrote: »
    How many are you doing?

If it's a few & regular then buy a Matt Cutter & Rule so you can do them yourself.

it's a lot, and mostly square format of various sizes. most of the places i've tried only have regular pre-cut sizes.

found another place in wicklow, waiting to hear back for prices but it's similar to framing fantastic - you order the sizes and collect them a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You could try Lamco Picture Framing in Blanchardstown .

No luck with Lamco, phone number out of service.

Tried another few places and prices are still insane compared to Framing Fantastic - looks like I'm going to have to drive up to Antrim....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

they're the best/cheapest I've found alright. You could try stcstc here? that guy in stephens green quoted me something ridiculous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

If you need a lot, I'd advise investing in a mount cutter. Once you spend a reasonable amount, it's very straightforward (an absolute nightmare just using a mat and a handheld cutter in my experience). I've a Logan one and find it great.

Otherwise, I've seen pre cut mounts in Woodies, but I suspect only standard sizes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

how many are you looking for

if its a decent order i might be able to do a deal on price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I am in need of black mounts (uncut) to create a shade (hood) for my display. Just cannot find time to find an art supply store that is open past business hours :(

come out to me thursday night, i will sort you out if that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Thanks for , but night means quite late for me. Work is getting quite hectic, because I have to work longer hours to compensate lack of required knowledge :confused:
    Let me see tomorrow. I might get tempted to have few pictures printed too...

well i am only just back from the office, i am working silly hours at mo, so gimmie a ring and might try sort something out

s

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

jjoconnor wrote: »
    No luck with Lamco, phone number out of service.

Tried another few places and prices are still insane compared to Framing Fantastic - looks like I'm going to have to drive up to Antrim....:(

Try J & J Framing in Ranelagh. Jack in there is not bad.

thanks for the suggestions, ended up ordering from Framing Fatastic so gotta drive up to Antrim tomorrow, nightmare...!

rang around as many places as possible but noone got close to their prices (think they start at about 60 cent for a five x five mount) cheapest in Dublin was €2 or €3 each.

anyone know if that's normal, and framing fantastic are just really cheap? or is framing fantastic normal prices and Dublin is the most extortionate city in the world??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

The latter I'm afraid :(

the big difference is two fold

the materials being used, and the computer mount cutter that framing fantastic use, which means much much less manpower

although a decent computer mount cutter costs 12k stg planning on getting one sometime next year!!!

Advertisement