Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone running poker sites in Linux?

Options
  • 12-12-2009 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Thinking of switching my pc over to Linux (Ubuntu) soon.

Has anyone had any problems running poker sites in Linux?

I heard that stars runs fine using an emulator. Can anyone confirm this?

What about the other sites?

Thx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

I know someone who runs it and WINE (emulator that comes with most Linux) and he can run Full Tilt and iPoker sites. He had mentioned that he had problems with Stars and could not get it going at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

You could of course run a virtual machine meaning you should be able to run all your usual poker sites and poker tracker type software.

I'd say test it out before you make the switch just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Have a look for a few past threads about this. I think most people ended up running PP's web client, because nothing else worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Wine works but it just isn't worth the effort also when I last did it PT2 didn't like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Seachmall wrote: »
    You could of course run a virtual machine meaning you should be able to run all your usual poker sites and poker tracker type software.

I'd say test it out before you make the switch just to be sure.

Use Virtualbox
    http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Screenshots

Works well once you have decent hardware and is used in commercial products and well supported.

Iv used Wine before for other windows software and it worked but wasn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

Can someone tell me in 3 words or cliffnote form wtf linux is please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Irish Iron wrote: »
    Can someone tell me in 3 words or cliffnote form wtf linux is please

In three words:
    Another operating System.

On a cliff-note:
    medjim.jpg

50 years of cliff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I know it's probably a bit late but I just came across this which should be of use, Poker on ubuntu

Advertisement