Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to bring on young players

Options
  • 12-12-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm looking for the best way to develop youth team players, so they reach their maximum potential
    Any ideas appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The one thing that I find helps them develop is to get a similar player to them to tutor them.

I also send my younger players off to affiliate clubs to get first team football. This includes U18 players, not just reserve team players.

Also, try and make individual training regimes for each young player. If you look at their stats then it is possible to build a programme specific to each player.

This has helped greatly as I'm now into season 7 with Liverpool and my entire team is built up of players from their reserve team and U18 team.

Even players I was told were not good enough for the first team have improved greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I am playing as Gillingham and my best young players are getting tutored orare at my affiliated club (Dagenham & Redbridge)

Making up and saving new training regimes for each player seems like a lot of micro management
    I use the Tug's Training file for my training

Advertisement