Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "It's 2.50pm on Saturday and we've no Prem thread" Thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Dave! wrote: »
    FT at Stamford Bridge

Cheers Moyesy ! There may be an assistant manager's job in it for you in the future ! :pac:

Cant see him being happy in an assistant's role.
    Boss or nothing I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Bloody happy that Everton got that result, Chelsea's set piece defending is woeful, woeful.

Great chance for us to take top spot today, if we win 4-0 its ours. Come on United :)

It seems to me, and I may be wrong, but does nobody really want 4th place? Spurs and City, throwing away points after points. Liverpool are struggling now, but at some point in the season they'll string together a run, and the way its looking, nobody looks able to take the chance. It's hilarious, but 4th place this year might be on like 55 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

PHB wrote: »
    Great chance for us to take top spot today, if we win 4-0 its ours. Come on United :)

think we need to win by about 6 or 7. Goal difference is 27 against 21 according to table on bbc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Bloody happy that Everton got that result, Chelsea's set piece defending is woeful, woeful.

It seems to me, and I may be wrong, but does nobody really want 4th place? Spurs and City, throwing away points after points. Liverpool are struggling now, but at some point in the season they'll string together a run, and the way its looking, nobody looks able to take the chance. It's hilarious, but 4th place this year might be on like 55 points!

thats probably standard for 4th place, it's just because the top 4 have been so strong recently that it's been much higher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this league is immense.

so many talking about a Chelsea canter two weeks ago, including me, and now utd will be in the driving seat, with momentum if they win.

unbelievable.

you can add 3rd place to that too as there's only a point difference in 3rd and 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

SlickRic wrote: »
    this league is immense.

so many talking about a Chelsea canter two weeks ago, including me, and now utd will be in the driving seat, with momentum if they win.

unbelievable.

underestimating Villa a little there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

2nd week of last man standing competition and everyones out. couple of people had sunderland too :D

Burner- wrote: »
    2nd week of last man standing competition and everyones out. couple of people had sunderland too :D

what happens there as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats why I stopped doing LMS, the league has gone mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

rarnes1 wrote: »
    you can add 3rd place to that too as there's only a point difference in 3rd and 4th.

Except Arsenal have 2 games in hand

underestimating Villa a little there I think.

how?

i said 'if'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

SlickRic wrote: »
    how?

i said 'if'.

Apologies, I read your post wrong mate, completely missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

rarnes1 wrote: »
    what happens there as a matter of interest?

Money goes back into the pot and people are asked to register again. It is the third time happening now, so the pot is getting juicy.

It isnt too unfair in this case as only one person got knocked out last week. But last round there were two lads left for about 3 or 4 weeks but then they both got it wrong.

Also now that the pot is big there will be a good few newcomers who have only contributed to the pot once.

Apologies, I read your post wrong mate, completely missed that.

no worries. it happens to the best of us. i had to read back again to make sure i didn't inadvertantly underestimate villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Following on from Seamus Coleman last week, Stephen Ward was excellent for Wolves today. Good to see some Irish full-backs playing well, given that its probably our weakest position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

carlop wrote: »
    Following on from Seamus Coleman last week, Stephen Ward was excellent for Wolves today. Good to see some Irish full-backs playing well, given that its probably our weakest position.

Yup very solid performance and Foley did well when he came on as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hopefully with all the Irish interest RTE will not dismiss the Spurs/Wolves tie in 5 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Screamer from Cahill but WTF with Bellamy :eek:

• Advertisement

kieron Dyer spotted in football match :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    kieron Dyer spotted in football match :eek:

Is he still at West Ham??

Wheres all the fans, almost every game on MOTD has tonnes of empty seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Have to say after watching MOTD, so far its been the best day of football this season.. Great advert for the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have to say after watching MOTD, so far its been the best day of football this season.. Great advert for the sport.

Yup, two 6 goal thrillers and a end to end slug-fest between united and villa, a great goal by Figueroa in the Wigan game

And all of Liverpools main rivals dropping points...bar villa of course

And :eek::eek: Birmingham in 8th

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

carlop wrote: »
    Good to see some Irish full-backs playing well, given that its probably our weakest position.

:eek:

Citeh have a legitimate complaint about the first goal maybe but not Bellamy's second yellow. From descriptions this afternoon it seemed like he was chopped in half and booked for diving.

Hull 0 Blac....zzzzz

• Advertisement
Advertisement