Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Change Monday Onward, much colder, ice and snow later

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Possible breadkdown coming at +126?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Supercell wrote: »
    Polar lows written all over that, the north is gonna get blitzed.
    :eek:I like the sound of that!! Do you mean just the North of Ireland? or the Northern half of the country including the East aswell?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Yeah, I'll take that....its ok....:rolleyes:

2q8viop.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34 eireanbo

what is the chances of snow in longford...im all excited again..

Villain wrote: »

Nope NW reload, these charts look mad, although beyond that we are deep into FI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Why does the gfs do this to us. if only this run came through then most would see some snow, but i cant help but feel it will downgrade.

Villain wrote: »

Nope, out to 138 and its -8 in the midlands.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Why does the gfs do this to us. if only this run came through then most would see some snow, but i cant help but feel it will downgrade.

This is the very first operational run of the new and improved version of the GFS that has been running in parallel for the past month or so. Thats why it looks so different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Jaysus, back on the feckin rollercoaster!!! I thought I had beaten this addiction this morning!!!

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

In summary, Friday night into Saturday looks like having the most obvious opportunity for widespread snow. Then winds go northerly and north and west is best, though polar lows bringing snow to all cannot be ruled out in such a setup.
    Its going to be very much a now cast event for precip t+24 hours in these conditions - will it snow in my backgarden is going to be fairly unreliable.
    By Saturday many of us will have had our first taste of winter 2009/210

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

So many pretty shades of blue:D on these charts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This is the very first operational run of the new and improved version of the GFS that has been running in parallel for the past month or so. Thats why it looks so different.

Are all the models in agreement at the moment or is it just the New and improved version of the GFS that is giving us hope ?

Also with it being the new version , do you think that its reliable ?

Out to 135 hours and its still looking very cold with plenty of sleet/snow potential. :pac: A great run so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Gerry Murphy said it after 6pm news! Sleet and snow later in the week.........to high ground. :P
    Only trust fleming when it comes to the weather. Wink wink, nudge nudge

As it moves towards FI we can see sighns of the atlantic returning.

Out to 162 hours....wow...thats some serious cold in FI.

Amazing stuff for Friday night into Saturday, possible countrywide snow event bar the far south. Norn iron could really see a lot of snow on Saturday.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

MUSEIST wrote: »
    As it moves towards FI we can see sighns of the atlantic returning.

Well into FI at 180 hours and still lookign very cold, temps below freezing countrywide.

Out to 162 hours....wow...thats some serious cold in FI.

The FI is looking very day after tomorrow like, low pressure and low 850's, just as well its FI eh ?!

cccccccoooooooooolllllllllllllllldddddddddddddd
    http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Rtavn16217.png

• Advertisement

LOL if only :D

uksnowrisk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Amazing stuff for Friday night into Saturday, possible countrywide snow event bar the far south. Norn iron could really see a lot of snow on Saturday.

trust us to miss out down in cork! we get plenty rain but no white stuff..still i have a good feeling about this for some reason! must be that donegal postman.

Christmas Eve breakdown in FI, about 4 days later than the previous run. :pac:
    Hopefully we'll see the GFS pushing back the breakdown further and further.

Absolute cracker of a run though. Ensembles will be interesting!

The FI is looking very day after tomorrow like, low pressure and low 850's, just as well its FI eh ?!

Yeah crazy stuff, widespread -9 2m temps after 3 or 4 days of snow. :eek:

I can't see that quite coming off but this run has been very encouraging...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

GFS must be assuming snowfields for temperatures like this:

ukmintemp.png

I am almost in the coldest spot!! :D. I would have thought the flow was still a little bit too slack in that run to drag down showers this far south as there is little sign of any major troughing yet. Still, we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Met ireland are not letting much out, they are even saying that it will turn milder on saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

snaps wrote: »
    Met ireland are not letting much out, they are even saying that it will turn milder on saturday!

But was that earlier today or a recent update?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

My my , hows things have changed in the past hour, new charts and 3 pages later the rollercoaster is still on.
    But dont get too excited ,although people calling snow for friday night seems reliable since it is only 3 nights away.

snaps wrote: »

That outlook hasn't been updated recenty, its the same outlook as this morning. Also, what we are talking about here at the moment is just the output from one model, Met Eireann will base their forecast on a range of different models.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

going by that chart my maxes could be as low as -6c and lows as low as -12c!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement