Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Change Monday Onward, much colder, ice and snow later

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

-10 850's creeping into Northern Ireland at 72hrs...looking good :)

Tomorrow afternoon will cold. Winds then become slack. Frosty frosty:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Snow risk looks good at +78 too. As always that will probably change though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

when is the cold air supposed to come tonight or tomorrow morning???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

12z looks very cold, surely met eireann has to metion the possability of snow soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

danni2 wrote: »
    12z looks very cold, surely met eireann has to metion the possability of snow soon enough
    they won't mention snow until the country has already been disrupted by it, at a stretch they might mention "wintry precipitation":P

hoping to see at least a dusting overnight thursday here in the east

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Look at this :eek: Official forecast from the met eireann :

Heavy and persistant snow showers from Thursday night onwards, becoming widespread over the weekend with blizzard conditions leading to accumulations of three feet or more by Christmas day, with drifts of up to 10 feet all across the land, criss crossed by Santa shaped tunnels, like a giant carpet of fluffy white swiss cheese.... BEEP BEEP BEEP TWACK! uuhhh ? DOH !! dreams lost in FI again....

Is the snow sticking in London? Cant see any:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/jamcams_interactive_map.shtml
    they won't mention snow until the country has already been disrupted by it
    no point in forecasting yesterdays weather!
    http://met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp
    YESTERDAYS WEATHER TODAY!

Is the snow sticking in London? Cant see any:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/jamcams_interactive_map.shtml

no point in forecasting yesterdays weather!
    http://met.ie/latest/yesterday.asp
    YESTERDAYS WEATHER TODAY!

its should be temps are -1/-2c.( itll not stick in central london no matter what its too busy i was there last october and it never stuck the temp was -2c aswell the cab driver says it rarely ever sticks there) and can someone answer my questio????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Remember the last day eagelton said thursday would be the worst day of the week, it now seems that wont be the case, raining heavy here in donegal, i was suprised since monday morning that it warmed up, i see someone mention -5 in donegal on sunday night ,that would be about right, there was some serious ice in the middle of sunday night, but it was all gone by monday morning, it sure warmed up fast, the way i look at it ,no body seems to know whats gona happen over the next week, we might get a freak snow event yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

sickening listening to BBC radio one scott mills and reports of snow all over the south east uk. Temp going up here in mayo, now 7.9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

It was -5 in up in Donegal for a while that night, I remember seeing that temp on the IWN page.
    whats the iwn page? could u provide a link for it, the only donegal temps i see on the net is met eireanns finner camp lol

yes temps are stuck at a cruddy 6c here i thought the temps were tumbling as the easterly came in from tonight were is this easterly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Hmm, I wish pressure was lower here, 1020 or so tomorrow is just to high for decent precip.
    England has a little low pressure area off their south east coast pepping up shower activity. Pressure here is going to rise up to t+72 or threabouts.

I think we will see some light snow flurries over the hills but thats about it for the next few days. Saturday and Sunday however loook interesting on the 12z with a potential system tracking down the Irish sea but thats a little far ahead to forcaset.
    So close yet so far right now, so frustrating!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Pangea wrote: »
    whats the iwn page? could u provide a link for it, the only donegal temps i see on the net is met eireanns finner camp lol

http://www.irelandsweather.com/ I think this is it.

Pangea wrote: »
    Remember the last day eagelton said thursday would be the worst day of the week, it now seems that wont be the case, raining heavy here in donegal, i was suprised since monday morning that it warmed up, i see someone mention -5 in donegal on sunday night ,that would be about right, there was some serious ice in the middle of sunday night, but it was all gone by monday morning, it sure warmed up fast, the way i look at it ,no body seems to know whats gona happen over the next week, we might get a freak snow event yet.

That's the way I see it too. Even met eireann seems to be switching backwards and forwards on whether anything might happen or not. If something significant does happen, I think we may not get too much warning of it. But I think it needs to get significantly colder.

mad DIY wrote: »
    That's the way I see it too. Even met eireann seems to be switching backwards and forwards on whether anything might happen or not. If something significant does happen, I think we may not get too much warning of it. But I think it needs to get significantly colder.

hmmm what are you talking about the meto has a warning out for us and max temps of 3c tomorrow probably 2c then going down to 0c on the weekend.......

owenc wrote: »
    hmmm what are you talking about the meto has a warning out for us and max temps of 3c tomorrow probably 2c then going down to 0c on the weekend.......

and if that happens, it will get significantly colder :pac: . For you.

and if that happens, it will get significantly colder :pac: . For you.

yes so what is all the negitivity for the north east /west can get a forecast cnt we its the same on nw everything is about the SOUTH EAST and on here it is dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Wibbler wrote: »
    #snow.ie on Quakenet!

Should be fun!Anyone on IRC?
    Anyone on IRC?

Ja..doesn't seem to be anyone else though -tumbleweed- :p

yes so what is all the negitivity for the north east /west can get a forecast cnt we its the same on nw everything is about the SOUTH EAST and on here it is dublin.

Uhh ? :confused: Lost your snow drift - along with your punctuation :)

• Advertisement

Uhh ? :confused: Lost your snow drift - along with your punctuation :)

ahhh hmmm looks like another one of those ignorant users like one who is rather rude to me on nw!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Situation isn't all that bad lads.
    These charts are only good for a rough estimate but theyre not that bad, and a lot can change at short notice with the weather... :pac:

36 hours out :

2q2hgfo.gif

78 hours out :

2q8opax.gif

Situation isn't all that bad lads.
    These charts are only good for a rough estimate but theyre not that bad, and a lot can change at short notice with the weather... :pac:

36 hours out :

2q2hgfo.gif

78 hours out :

2q8opax.gif
    so nw is right about the snow for us tomorrow and one questions is it more or less likely that any showerrs that fall in north/west eastern ireland will fall as snow from tomorrow onwards??

ahhh hmmm looks like another one of those ignorant users like one who is rather rude to me on nw!!!!!

Simply pointing out I can't decypher your point because you havn't any punctuation in your remark. That's not rude is it ?????

so nw is right about the snow for us tomorrow and one questions is it more or less likely that any showerrs that fall in north/west eastern ireland will fall as snow from tomorrow onwards??

Based on the latest GFS run, it would Saturday evening before you'd see proper snow showers up around there but you could have a few flurries before then.

Based on the latest GFS run, it would Saturday evening before you'd see proper snow showers up around there but you could have a few flurries before then.

ok so from tomorrow anything that falls will fall as snow maxes will be 2c..

maquillaodra, you have the patience of a saint :)

Jake1 wrote: »
    maquillaodra, you have the patience of a saint :)

GOOD ONE!

UKMO 12Z 850 chart for Friday morning, if I am reading it right, looks like -8 850 temps over much of the country and -10 in the east, seems colder than the GFS?

v7e2iu.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Latest UKMO offering at 144hrs has to be one of the oddest looking set ups I have come across:

99155.gif

I challenge anyone to come up with a detailed forecast from that! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement