Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Change Monday Onward, much colder, ice and snow later

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

owenc wrote: »
    yes so what is all the negitivity for the north east /west can get a forecast cnt we its the same on nw everything is about the SOUTH EAST and on here it is dublin.

OK, I'll attempt to answer this.

'what is all the negitivity for the north' - dont know, I was being not too optimistic for Dublin, never mentioned the north.
    'east /west can get a forecast cnt we ' - yes you can, where did I mention any problem with that ?
    'its the same on nw everything is about the SOUTH EAST and on here it is dublin' - surely I'm entitled to talk about Dublin just as much as you are entitled to talk about Coleraine ?
    You quoted a 'meto' forecast, which I took to mean UK Met Office forecast, for 'us' which I took to mean at your stated location, Coleraine (because UK Met Office forecasts don't cover the south AFAIK). So, the drift of my reply was that whatever weather happens in Coleraine doesn't necessarily happen everywhere else. Particularily given the north generally tends to get colder weather than the south. That's fair enough, isn't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

mad DIY wrote: »
    OK, I'll attempt to answer this.

'what is all the negitivity for the north' - dont know, I was being not too optimistic for Dublin, never mentioned the north.
    'east /west can get a forecast cnt we ' - yes you can, where did I mention any problem with that ?
    'its the same on nw everything is about the SOUTH EAST and on here it is dublin' - surely I'm entitled to talk about Dublin just as much as you are entitled to talk about Coleraine ?
    You quoted a 'meto' forecast, which I took to mean UK Met Office forecast, for 'us' which I took to mean at your stated location, Coleraine. So, the drift of my reply was that whatever weather happens in Coleraine doesn't necessarily happen everywhere else. Particularily given the north generally tends to get colder weather than the south. That's fair enough, isn't it ?

Must be great living in the north though, as you get covered by both Met Eireann and the UK Met Office. The best of both worlds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

*cinnamon wishes owenc and mad DIY would take their squabbling elsewhere because it's muddying up the snow talk* :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

cinnamon wrote: »
    *cinnamon wishes owenc and mad DIY would take their squabbling elsewhere because it's muddying up the snow talk* :)

im ignoring it because i cannot be bothered with arguig anymore im tired of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

in fairness mad DIY has a point about owen c and his punctuation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

</SQUABBLE>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

owenc wrote: »
    im ignoring it because i cannot be bothered with arguig anymore im tired of it.

If it is any comfort to you Owen, you are more likely to see snow than the rest of us over the next few days. Not certain of course, but more certain for you. :)

I am looking forward to ECMWF at 6 10 given that is what met eireann rely on in the short term...maybe just maybe an upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Snooooooow!!!

As much as I love it, I'm set to be staying in in Glendalough tomorrow night, after some kayaking and do some walking/having the laughs around the area.
    That and snow sounds grand to me, what would worry me is, I've to be in Dublin on Friday night... Is there a chance the buses wont be running or are we only looking at light snow?

I'd love to be up there for the snow. Did the splink in snow once before and it was great.

If it is any comfort to you Owen, you are more likely to see snow than the rest of us over the next few days. Not certain of course, but more certain for you. :)

OK thankx all i asked for was to know if it was to fall as snow HERE from thrusday rather than rain that is if anything fell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 caeser

This s great stuff, 43 pages and not one flake after falling yet. just love it. reckon this could be a new record if the snow falls. loving this!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

CianRyan wrote: »
    Snooooooow!!!

As much as I love it, I'm set to be staying in in Glendalough tomorrow night, after some kayaking and do some walking/having the laughs around the area.
    That and snow sounds grand to me, what would worry me is, I've to be in Dublin on Friday night... Is there a chance the buses wont be running or are we only looking at light snow?

I'd love to be up there for the snow. Did the splink in snow once before and it was great.

Cian, I live just up the road from there and am expecting light flurries at best tomorrow night so would expect the same down there (I'm higher up), pressure is just too high. I'd love to be wrong though! light flurries 80%, heavier stuff with 2-5cm settling, maybe 20% is my best guess.
    Also when there is snow settled around here there are actually snow ploughs and the roads are cleared pretty fast once it stops snowing. You will be back in Dublin for Friday night no bother.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

just listening to radio one forecast there - sleet on high ground tomorrow in north and eastern areas and sleet/snow showers on friday in north leinster/ulster!

at least met eireann are mentioning the s word!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

the last snow even was pretty record breaking. back in march i think

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

met eireann radio forecast says sleet and snow for Leinster tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Martron wrote: »
    the last snow even was pretty record breaking. back in march i think

i ment form a forum point of view

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Supercell wrote: »
    Cian, I live just up the road from there and am expecting light flurries at best tomorrow night so would expect the same down there (I'm higher up), pressure is just too high. I'd love to be wrong though! light flurries 80%, heavier stuff with 2-5cm settling, maybe 20% is my best guess.

Ah that should be handy enough.
    If things do get rough (god I hope they do) my mate, that'll be with me, lives just down in Laragh so we can struggle our way to his house. :rolleyes:

Here's to optimism.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 caeser

ya i know twas class. they could'nt get me off the computer at home. Think my family were thinking of breaking it. Divorce grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

heres the updated forecast, sounds better compared to earlier today

Thursday night will be very cold with a widespread sharp or severe frost and icy stretches on roads as well as patches of freezing fog. Most areas will be dry, but there'll be some showers in coastal counties of the northeast, east and southeast. Some of these will fall as sleet with a possibility of snow on mountains. FRIDAY will be very cold with temperatures ranging from about 2 to 5 degrees. Frost and fog may linger in some sheltered areas all day. It will be mostly dry with sunny spells. However scattered showers of rain and sleet will affect coastal areas of the northeast, east and southeast. Frost and fog will develop on Friday night. SATURDAY will be another cold day with frost and fog gradually clearing and sunny spells developing. Rain and sleet will spread from the north later in the day and into the night, mainly affecting Ulster and Connacht. SUNDAY will be extremely cold with moderate to fresh north to northwest winds. Many places will be dry, but wintry showers will affect western and northern parts of Ulster and Connacht.

the updated raintoday.co.uk radar shows live snow rain and sleet showers so tomorrow we can watch that!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

caeser wrote: »
    This s great stuff, 43 pages and not one flake after falling yet. just love it. reckon this could be a new record if the snow falls. loving this!!!:D

Stepping outside and looking up at the sky seems more accurate tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

caeser wrote: »

But the sad thing is we probably wont get any snow and this thread will end with loads of people fighting with abusive comments flying left, right and centre. (I have seen this happen before lol)

MUSEIST wrote: »
    But the sad thing is we probably wont get any snow and this thread will end with loads of people fighting with abusive comments flying left, right and centre. (I have seen this happen before lol)

that would be funny!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Until the first flakes are falling, I won't believe in any event...thats my philosophy, and I'm sticking to it!

It's still up for grabs I believe,nothing is certain at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just watched Met Eireann forecast after the news and Sunday looks like a lot of Sleet and Snow showers for the North and West in very strong North Westerly winds.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Just watched Met Eireann forecast after the news and Sunday looks like a lot of Sleet and Snow showers for the North and West in very strong North Westerly winds.

yeah saw that too...we down south and west usually do a lot better from that kind of run! hoping it continues..did look a lot of precipitation on the chart.

yeah saw that too...we down south and west usually do a lot better from that kind of run! hoping it continues..did look a lot of precipitation on the chart.

Can you watch that on line if so can you please give me the link?

http://www.rte.ie/news/6news/

should be on here in a while under weather forecast at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

What about us in kildare,any chance of a flake or two!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement