Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Change Monday Onward, much colder, ice and snow later

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭imola94

mikom wrote: »
    You are happy enough with the info when it suit you though.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58865314#post58865314

and anything i got back was complete BS then too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

imola94 wrote: »

Right,
    well i'm off,
    i'll leave you lads too it:p

thats a few pages of complete nonsense filled anyway

Your taking this thread completely off track , can you not just leave it, and move on and let us enjoy ourselves

i could if this was being posted in the fairytale neverland section, but seeing as its being posted in a "science" forum i feel it necessary to speak out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You are happy enough with the info when it suit you though.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58865314#post58865314

You must be a masochist so, as you are still here........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

prove me wrong so, put up your forecast for tomorrow and i'll check it against met.ie in the morning, lets see who's right or wrong.
    Actually that applies to anyone here....

I don't have a forecast :confused: Do I look like a weatherman?

I just want snow and came here to see what was being said.

I just dislike your attitude.

• Advertisement

Obviously making silly remarks shows that you neither listen, or care about the weather, or for that fact this thread or the people that are on it and are enjoying the probability of this event taking place. Look if you want to annoy people I'm sure the people on after hours would kindly accommodate you there. :rolleyes:

see my post re fairytale/neverland....the stuff of weather is serious, not for wannabe kids to wildly speculate

You must be a masochist so, as you are still here........

not a masochist, just like to pop in here every now and again to remind myself that i am normal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

So why the hell are you still here? Looking for more BS or just looking to rant and rave about what you believe is BS?

Either way, thats a great way to spend you time man, bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hi,

I never used boards.ie until last week. I have been following this post for the past week and have found it very interesting to say the least.

I am a weather enthusiast like the rest of you but have little understanding of chart readings. A lot of people here do know what they are talking about though. One thing everyone here has is respect for each other.

When I saw this person insulting the good nature of this thread and the people who post here I felt compelled to register and express my disapproval. Life is full of people who like to knock other s for no other reason than to get a reaction.

Well, you have my reaction and I hope admins will give you theirs later too.

Congrats to everyone here for all the info. I'll keep you posted if there is any sign of snow across the River Shannon.:cool:

So why the hell are you still here? Looking for more BS or just looking to rant and rave about what you believe is BS?

Either way, thats a great way to spend you time man, bravo.

again just to remind myself that there are other kinds of people around...anyway good luck with your snow predicting..hope it works out for you tomorrow or the next day or the next day, or the next day or whenever the next "downgrade" comes along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

You have a grievance about this accuracy of the forecasting. You dismiss, however, the fact that you continue to post here would indicate that you, like the rest of us, are gaining enjoyment from this thread. Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

ya according to my information the latest chart says its going to be -40 tomorrow with snow drifts likely somewhere between New York and Moscow, could be down graded though at any stage...watch this space. Gheeeessshh

Excellent forecast. Really appreciated by the citizens of Siberia proper. Which is about half way between NY and Moscow. :D

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Hi,

I never used boards.ie until last week. I have been following this post for the past week and have found it very interesting to say the least.

I am a weather enthusiast like the rest of you but have little understanding of chart readings. A lot of people here do know what they are talking about though. One thing everyone here has is respect for each other.

When I saw this person insulting the good nature of this thread and the people who post here I felt compelled to register and express my disapproval. Life is full of people who like to knock other s for no other reason than to get a reaction.

Well, you have my reaction and I hope admins will give you theirs later too.

Congrats to everyone here for all the info. I'll keep you posted if there is any sign of snow across the River Shannon.:cool:

hold the phone a minute sunshine, if so many people here know what they are talking about , wheres all the snow that they predicted since last weekend, wheres the coldest week since the early 80's?/? was it just too marginal again or do they not have a clue? as i say, listen to the experts, they give forecasts about 4 times a day, you wont go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

no one asking you to read or follow this thread :D

well ive been following met.ie for a while now and they are a damn sight more accurate than anyone here so i'll continue with them if its ok
    to think a whole 48 pages of snow wishers and absolutely no danger of it happening....please get real people

Danno wrote: »
    Excellent forecast. Really appreciated by the citizens of Siberia proper. Which is about half way between NY and Moscow. :D

dont hold me to it, its very marginal .. and you know as well as i do the charts can change anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

see my post re fairytale/neverland....the stuff of weather is serious, not for wannabe kids to wildly speculate

Excuse me but there are lots of well educated minds on this forum so I completely disagree with you and I find your comments very inappropriate. I happen to be studying this particular subject in college. There is absolutely no harm in going off the beaten track and fantasizing about snow coming. Thats the whole point of this thread. For people to engage and share opinions. But your just taking the mikey out of everyone which is totally out of order. Its very rare we get it in this country so obviously people are going to get excited when they see and hear of a cold spell on the way which might bring some snow flurries. We don't know 100% but the weather models and Met Eireann have shown valid signs of this event taking place. if you don't like what's said here then don't waste everyones time by posting inappropriate comments!

hold the phone a minute sunshine, if so many people here know what they are talking about , wheres all the snow that they predicted since last weekend

the way you carry on, my guess is that you snorted most of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

hold the phone a minute sunshine, if so many people here know what they are talking about , wheres all the snow that they predicted since last weekend, wheres the coldest week since the early 80's?/? was it just too marginal again or do they not have a clue? as i say, listen to the experts, they give forecasts about 4 times a day, you wont go wrong

Speculation on FI charts if the models came through , no one stated the coldest week since the 80's based on models within a reliable timeframe.

You dont have a clue what your on about .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

So people to "know what they're talking about" they have to be infallible as well? Weather is unpredictable and Met Eireann get it wrong regularly!

You're being quite disrespectful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Look, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Me personally, if I make a forcast, and it is wrong then I will take it on the chin. Of course people will be upset and frustrated from time to time. But there will be snow from Saturday and it will turn freezing cold. I don't know how much simpler I can make that statement. It has been said for several days now.

• Advertisement

Excuse me but there are lots of well educated minds on this forum so I completely disagree with you and I find your comments very inappropriate. I happen to be studying this particular subject in college. There is absolutely no harm in going off the beaten track and fantasizing about snow coming. Thats the whole point of this thread. For people to engage and share opinions. But your just taking the mikey out of everyone which is totally out of order. Its very rare we get it in this country so obviously people are going to get excited when they see and hear of a cold spell on the way which might bring some snow flurries. We don't know 100% but the weather models and Met Eireann have shown valid signs of this event taking place. if you don't like what's said here then don't waste everyones time by posting inappropriate comments!

hey listen i'm not here for a row i'm simply saying that the people in the know are the people to listen to, not "enthusiasts", you should know that if you claim to be studying the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

dont hold me to it, its very marginal .. and you know as well as i do the charts can change anytime

Twat x 100= please go away now...im sick of picking up your toys and putting them back in your pram.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    the way you carry on, my guess is that you snorted most of it.

my point proven... a kid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

how do people find a way to argue bout the weather!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Hey, sham, skirt, and lively! If you don't like it in here then do us all a favour and fuck off. ;)

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Twat x 100= please go away now...im sick of picking up your toys and putting them back in your pram.

huh??? so whats your big forecast chief? A polar low to drift in tomorrow or a heat wave to strike before lunch time...what you reckon?
    without any experience i would be closer to predicted weather pattern of the next few days, but as i say / i'll stick with the people who know what they are talking about, sorry of that spoils a fantasy for you "adults", but hey thats growing up for ya/

Temp down to 3.5c in Clare since the rain has passed.

Keep up the good work lads. Really enjoying it.

Night!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

hey listen i'm not here for a row i'm simply saying that the people in the know are the people to listen to, not "enthusiasts", you should know that if you claim to be studying the subject

With respect, I think the main forcasters on boards do an excellent job and are not paid for it btw. We give up our time to try to tell people what might happen and we have the tools to do so. And we share this information with others so that they might learn. If you don't like it, and im not one for bad language, but fcuk off and let the people who enjoy this forum continue to use it without this bull****.

Hey, sham, skirt, and lively! If you don't like it in here then do us all a favour and fuck off. ;)

im just letting you know that everyone else on this forum thinks ye are twats, wouldny be so bad if ye got an odd thing right, but to get EVERYTHING wrong just makes it funny

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote: »
    With respect, I think the main forcasters on boards do an excellent job and are not paid for it btw. We give up our time to try to tell people what might happen and we have the tools to do so. And we share this information with others so that they might learn. If you don't like it, and im not one for bad language, but fcuk off and let the people who enjoy this forum continue to use it without this bull****.

it would be plausible if ye got it right once in a while but this is just entertainment for normal people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement