Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Change Monday Onward, much colder, ice and snow later

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

imola94 wrote: »
    im just letting you know that everyone else on this forum thinks ye are twats, wouldny be so bad if ye got an odd thing right, but to get EVERYTHING wrong just makes it funny

GTFO Troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

im just letting you know that everyone else on this forum thinks ye are twats, wouldny be so bad if ye got an odd thing right, but to get EVERYTHING wrong just makes it funny

You've made that point clear enough. Now good luck..:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

This has to be a wind up ? ? ?

He couldn't be for real

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭imola94

Alicat wrote: »
    GTFO Troll

my facts have already been proven and will be again for the rest of the week, you cant handle the truth

You've made that point clear enough. Now good luck..:)

as long as ye know that im happy enough to go on my merry way, c ya, wouldnt want to be ya:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

i think a ban would,nt go amiss,as he,s trying desperately to up his post count,PATHETIC.......................
    my facts have already been proven and will be again for the rest of the week, you cant handle the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

hey listen i'm not here for a row i'm simply saying that the people in the know are the people to listen to, not "enthusiasts", you should know that if you claim to be studying the subject

This is just getting pathetic at this stage. So I'm not going to comment on this garbage anymore because its not worth my time and energy at this hour of the morning! Getting back to what this thread is all about, you have got to love what the GFS AND UKMO charts are showing for Saturday! Encouraging stuff I must say! :cool:

gfs-0-72.png?18

UW60-21.GIF?16-18

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

it would be plausible if ye got it right once in a while but this is just entertainment for normal people

Ask the people in August in Dublin who were flooded out of their homes. I personally believe Boards is far more accurate then Met Eireann but you continue on your merry way.

Sick and tired of this.

Reported.

bassy wrote: »
    i think a ban would,nt go amiss,as he,s trying desperately to up his post count,PATHETIC.......................

yep you caught me, desperately trying to build up posts in disneyland...sorry, the weather forum

• Advertisement

why do you continually post rubbish on here,when you have no interest????????????.

yep you caught me, desperately trying to build up posts in disneyland...sorry, the weather forum

Sick and tired of this.

Reported.

i dont believe ive done or said anything wrong here, report away, facts are facts

same here,reported.
    i dont believe ive done or said anything wrong here, report away, facts are facts

This is just getting pathetic at this stage. So I'm not going to comment on this garbage anymore because its not worth my time and energy at this hour of the morning! Getting back to what this thread is all about, you have got to love what the GFS AND UKMO charts are showing for Saturday! Encouraging stuff I must say! :cool:

gfs-0-72.png?18

UW60-21.GIF?16-18

Yes, very good charts, I like the FAX chart for Monday in particular.:D

Snow Depth by Monday

126_35.gif

Where do you guys get all the charts? I was watching the BBC weather there a while ago and they say Friday morning for them looks to be hit hard but it's really just the southeast, no where near us.

There was another 'blob'(:D) just above Scotland heading south, is that where it's coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

Hey Imola, I'd just like to let you know that Meteorology ISN'T AN EXACT science: the reason weather forecasts change all the time is because there are SO SO SO many variables to take into consideration. What we are doing in this thread is discussing POSSIBLE (or if you'd like potential) outcomes of weather for the next few days and few weeks (as well as having a laugh). If you don't approve of us, PLEASE LEAVE;)

patneve wrote: »
    Hey Imola, I'd just like to let you know that Meteorology ISN'T AN EXACT science: the reason weather forecasts change all the time is because there are SO SO SO many variables to take into consideration. What we are doing in this thread is discussing POSSIBLE (or if you'd like potential) outcomes of weather for the next few days and few weeks (as well as having a laugh). If you don't approve of us, PLEASE LEAVE;)

well thats me told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

excuse my ignorance.

For xmas eve the GEFS chart shows a 500-504 reading (coming from north east) for most of Ireland. Does a lower reading dictate more intense precip or is just pressure?

Sorry again for question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Imola you have made your point.

Nobody needs to be reminded anymore.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

patneve wrote: »

Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. Probability plays a major role and thats exactly what everyone is discussing on this thread/forum as a whole. The probability of this weather event taking place. Thats what everyone here is enjoying :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    the way you carry on, my guess is that you snorted most of it.

Ha ha.. Cracker..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Where do you guys get all the charts?

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=home;sess=

The free links to the various models are down the right-hand side of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

MODS, please step in..
    This thread is well of track...

If weather doesn't interest you then.. F*ck off and leave us be..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Duiske wrote: »
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=home;sess=

The free links to the various models are down the right-hand side of the page.

Damn it :mad: I was hoping my 1000th post would be...ITS SNOWING !!!:D

excuse my ignorance.

For xmas eve the GEFS chart shows a 500-504 reading (coming from north east) for most of Ireland. Does a lower reading dictate more intense precip or is just pressure?

Sorry again for question.

No it's a thickness chart between layers in the Atmosphere. Incidentally this counteracts 850hpa warming above -5C - it is like a substitute because -5 is through a thicker layer i.e the 1,500m temperature extends through a broad layer that reaches closer to the ground. So despite the fact 850 temps may rise - this counters it by making it less relevant. So when you see purple in Winter the chances of snow are greatly increased. When you see yellow snow very often will not occur. This is for wetterzentrale charts btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

the way you carry on, my guess is that you snorted most of it.

Ha haaaa! Hilarious!!! Classic WolfeIRE! Classic!

Sooo looking foward to the snorta stuff yous are forecasing for the NW. Woop woo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

thanks a mill Darkman ;)

Those charts are the ones I knew least about. The charts at present look very promising for the middle of next week. Plenty of purple. It will at the very least be very cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭forkassed

Heres a couple of charts for the Fantasy Island non believers

A chart from from yesterdays 18z run for 6am Friday

Rtavn362.png

A chart from the 3rd of December that i saved thinking it would never come off-also for 6am this friday

Rtavn3482.png

Not exactly the same set up but the relationship between the extent of the -10 850's is fairly sweet

thanks a mill Darkman ;)

Those charts are the ones I knew least about. The charts at present look very promising for the middle of next week. Plenty of purple. It will at the very least be very cold.

Like I say it simply extends the layer of cold air nearer the ground. The deeper the blue and purple the less relevant 850 temps are. That is why GFS shows so much snow with 850 temps marginal. It is counteracted by the broadness of the temperature layers in the atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Heard the weather on Janice Long just before 1AM. Lots of snow across East and Southern UK tomorrow. He did say dry across NI until tomorrow night. Getting colder all the time. Sounding good. Here it's about 6degC right now. When can we start expecting the cold to start setting in?

I've reported Imola also. I've no hassle with someone posting their opinion up but he's hijacking this thread. Feck that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement