Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Change Monday Onward, much colder, ice and snow later

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Porridgemonster

Im in Leicester,UK at the min and there are heavy snow showers in between the sunny spells.Heading home on ferry tonight,I will try and bring some home with me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

To me sat night looks like our best bet for snow and a chart like this does not do the body and mind any good.

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

holly1 wrote: »
    I think we should move to Cavan they always get snow.We could always rent a hotel for the winter for our weather fanatics,but then we could be certain all the snow would fall in Kildare and Cork:confused:,yea just cant win:rolleyes:!!!!!!!:P

lol I can picture the sight in the hotel in Cavan, with half the weather fans, sitting squabbling about charts, etc, with no-one looking out the window.... meanwhile the rest are making a break for Kildare with sleighs underarm...:D

Lying snow in parts of Scotland
    http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/
    ^^

Heavy sleet shower here now near arklow with some wet flakes in it.
    It has to be falling as snow higher up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

Here's how the satellite looks

http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Heavy sleet shower here now near arklow with some wet flakes in it.
    It has to be falling as snow higher up!

Folks,

As we now move into this cold spell, I'd like to thank everyone who made predictions over the last week or so, initially I was disappointed in that the spell of cold/snow kept being pushed back further and further, but we finally got consensus a few days back that Thursday would be the "real" start of this spell. This looks to have been proven true by reading some of the previous posts, i.e. sleeting, snow on the way, really cold etc.

I for one have kept up with this thread, even after that moron last night, but at the end of the day it looks as though some if not all of us will see snow over the next 48/72 hours. I haven't seen any yet, but heres hoping.

Thanks again lads, and keep up the good work. I look forward to the next chart !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Sleet/snow increasing over the Wicklow Mts area :

oji48y.jpg

Radar : http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Battering of hail & snow there an hour ago - temp dropped about 5.5 deg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Sleet/snow increasing over the Wicklow Mts area :

oji48y.jpg

Radar : http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

It's all eyes on this radar for the weekend folks.
    This premium service showing precip type is only available till monday so lets make use of it and hopefully see most of us covered in pink/red blobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I am going to turn this Thread inplay so it will closed now and a new one opened ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

francosp wrote: »
    Folks,

As we now move into this cold spell, I'd like to thank everyone who made predictions over the last week or so, initially I was disappointed in that the spell of cold/snow kept being pushed back further and further, but we finally got consensus a few days back that Thursday would be the "real" start of this spell. This looks to have been proven true by reading some of the previous posts, i.e. sleeting, snow on the way, really cold etc.

I for one have kept up with this thread, even after that moron last night, but at the end of the day it looks as though some if not all of us will see snow over the next 48/72 hours. I haven't seen any yet, but heres hoping.

Thanks again lads, and keep up the good work. I look forward to the next chart !

+1 ,I have followed you guys since last year - & your predictions & general overall information is excellent. This thread should not be an argumentative one . Keep up the good work ( & make it snow) lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement