Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Bill on 3 pay phone

• 12-12-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi All.

Just wondering is it possible to use 3 bill pay sim card in a 3 pay phone. My son dropped my Sony C905 into a glass of water and the phone is dead. I'm mid contract an cant get an upgrade and they won't repair it due to the water damage so i'm just looking for a new phone to tie me over till I can renew my contract.

Customer care told me this wasn't possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Hi All.

Just wondering is it possible to use 3 bill pay sim card in a 3 pay phone. My son dropped my Sony C905 into a glass of water and the phone is dead. I'm mid contract an cant get an upgrade and they won't repair it due to the water damage so i'm just looking for a new phone to tie me over till I can renew my contract.

Dont mind what there customer care say you can indeed use your sim in another 3 pay phone my mate has done this on two occasions were he has upgraded and given his old phone to his kid.
    i also have two sims one bill pay the other payg and i can swop them around no problem between my two phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It makes no differece if it's a bill pay or pre pay sim regardless of what network your on,

3 are selling the c510 now of €99, mite be worth picking up yourself and leaving the kid his own phone, you could maybe get it as an upgrade on your son's pre pay account, you get a new phone and he gets between 80 and 100 euro, drop into any 3 stockist they should sort it out, i wouldn't trust customer care;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They really haven't got a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Hi All.

get your phone repaired in a independent phone repair shop. I bought my W995 in the CPW (never ever again) and I dropped mine into a pint of heineken at a mates wedding, Brought it to CPW to ask them to repair it.
    "Sorry sir water damaged phones cannot be repaired"
    I left very annoyed!

Anyway found a guy and he repaird it and put in a new battery, all for €40.

Surely worth you while exploring this route?

IT IS REPAIRABLE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 culturedkevin

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    get your phone repaired in a independent phone repair shop. I bought my W995 in the CPW (never ever again) and I dropped mine into a pint of heineken at a mates wedding, Brought it to CPW to ask them to repair it.
    "Sorry sir water damaged phones cannot be repaired"
    I left very annoyed!

Anyway found a guy and he repaird it and put in a new battery, all for €40.

Surely worth you while exploring this route?

IT IS REPAIRABLE!!!

It might be. I got a new battery on the net and it turns on now and then and some of the buttons don't work. I'm living in Limerick. Do you know where I could get it repaired here?

What really annoys me is that I had sent it away for repair and it came back with the same problems but before I could send it back to them it ended up in the glass of water. They obviously said that the warranty is void as it got wet.

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone for their replies.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Fonemenders, 66 Catherine Street, Limerick.
    Telephone (061) 204 048

http://www.fonemenders.ie/map+limerick.html

Thanks. I'll pop in next week and see what they say.

Advertisement